TT Members Forum  
Home | Discussion Forums | TTmembers.com Tour | Search | Member Area

Go Back   TT Members Forum > Transformation Contests > 8th Transformation Contest
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-09-2010, 02:26 AM

Hey the intensity looks great. You've picked some exciting looking workouts for the challenge. I definitely want to pick something that shakes things up for my next workout. I hope you enjoy the scale. For me it's just as much about making sure I get all the food that's coming to me, because I do love to eat. Also, the closer we get to our ideal the less wiggle room there is, at least for a while. I just keep reminding myself that muscle burns more calories!
Old 06-09-2010, 07:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pageboy9 View Post
Hey the intensity looks great. You've picked some exciting looking workouts for the challenge. I definitely want to pick something that shakes things up for my next workout. I hope you enjoy the scale. For me it's just as much about making sure I get all the food that's coming to me, because I do love to eat. Also, the closer we get to our ideal the less wiggle room there is, at least for a while. I just keep reminding myself that muscle burns more calories!
I have to admit that I absolutely hate weight lifting. I grew up a ski racer and lifted a lot of weights. When I was done ski racing, I promised myself that I would never lift another weight in my life.
So much for that plan. That's why I really need to find programs that mix it up for me. I think those programs I chose will accomplish that. As far as nutrition goes, I'm with you. I love to eat, especially dessert. I'm a sweet tooth at heart. I still have a ways to go before I get to my ideal weight, lol., so maybe I will witness the fat pounds dripping off me. As of yesterday, the end of my first week, I'm 4 pounds closer to that weight.
"So, whether you eat or drink, or whatever you do, do all to the glory of God." 1 Corinthians 10:31

3rd Place TC8 5-week mini contest!
1st Place TC8 12-week contest Under 40 Division!
Old 06-09-2010, 07:28 PM

Wednesday, June 9 Day 10

Workout B Transformation 2 Judgement Day
As my 5 year old would say, "Holy moly gosheroly." That was one tough, keep you breathing hard, workout!!!!!!! Now that's what I'm talkin' about.
Warm up Circuit, then workout:
Circuit 1 x 3 (1 min rest between circuits)
1A) DB Steep Incline Press – 8 reps (3-0-1) 20lbs db's
1B) Pull-up (assisted) – Max reps (3-0-1) 9,7,7
1C) Shuttle Sprint – 20 seconds (I didn't have the space so I jumped on my bike trainer)

Circuit 2 x 3 1 min. rest between circuits
2A) DB Chest Press – 8 reps (4-0-2) 25 lb dbs
2B) Barbell Row – 10 reps (2-0-1) 45 lb bar (didn't have a lighter bar supposed to be 15 reps)
2C) Shuttle Sprint – 20 seconds

Circuit 3 x 2 1 min. rest between circuits
3A) Chin-up assisted– 8 reps (3-0-1)
3B) Close-Grip Pushups ¾ reps – 10 reps (2-0-1)
3C) Shuttle Sprint – 20 seconds

Didn't do the 4th superset. Maybe next week.

Finish with static stretching.
"So, whether you eat or drink, or whatever you do, do all to the glory of God." 1 Corinthians 10:31

Last edited by momof4 : 06-09-2010 at 07:36 PM.
Old 06-10-2010, 10:12 AM

Wow, thats a lot of pull ups!!!

Good for you. What was the 4th superset? Did it have a bunch of core/ab stuff in it? That was how one of mine for the Clash was.

MattY G.

Quote:
Originally Posted by momof4 View Post
Wednesday, June 9 Day 10

Workout B Transformation 2 Judgement Day
As my 5 year old would say, "Holy moly gosheroly." That was one tough, keep you breathing hard, workout!!!!!!! Now that's what I'm talkin' about.
Warm up Circuit, then workout:
Circuit 1 x 3 (1 min rest between circuits)
1A) DB Steep Incline Press – 8 reps (3-0-1) 20lbs db's
1B) Pull-up (assisted) – Max reps (3-0-1) 9,7,7
1C) Shuttle Sprint – 20 seconds (I didn't have the space so I jumped on my bike trainer)

Circuit 2 x 3 1 min. rest between circuits
2A) DB Chest Press – 8 reps (4-0-2) 25 lb dbs
2B) Barbell Row – 10 reps (2-0-1) 45 lb bar (didn't have a lighter bar supposed to be 15 reps)
2C) Shuttle Sprint – 20 seconds

Circuit 3 x 2 1 min. rest between circuits
3A) Chin-up assisted– 8 reps (3-0-1)
3B) Close-Grip Pushups ¾ reps – 10 reps (2-0-1)
3C) Shuttle Sprint – 20 seconds

Didn't do the 4th superset. Maybe next week.

Finish with static stretching.
Old 06-23-2010, 06:26 PM

Been busy for the last week or so. But, workouts are good and eating is clean (did go into cheat mode for about 4 days, but back on track). I've lost 4" from my middle so far, but I'm afraid to step on the scale. I will do it in another week, when my first 30 days is through.

Old 06-24-2010, 08:22 PM

I must say that I love Transformation 2 workout B! This is my 3rd week with it, and I saw improvement today.
Eating has been clean today. Hubby bought a new grill. So we'll have to have some steaks tonight. Yum!!!!

I have to say that I sure wish it was as easy to take extra fat off than it is to put it on. The fat-loss process seems so ssslllllooooowwww! I just want to snap my fingers and have it be gone!

Last edited by momof4 : 06-24-2010 at 08:35 PM.
Old 06-25-2010, 08:41 PM

Four inches off your middle is fantastic. I wonder how many extra months of active living we get for every inch off of our waists? My fat loss is in a slow phase, but I think with the adrenaline workout, I'm coming to a tipping point, and I might see a pretty good drop on Tuesday. Here's hoping you're happy with your 30 day results. By the way, have you thought of doing the adrenaline challenge with modified pullups?
Old 06-26-2010, 12:13 PM

Catherine,
I decided that my assisted pull-ups that first day were on too easy of a weight to be able to get that many. So the last couple times I just jumped up onto the pullup bar then did the rest of the pull-up. I've been able to get mostly only 3 that way. I'm not sure I'm ready for adrenaline, but I have a week to decide. I'm tempted to go with the Big 6 Circuit or Buff Dudes, Hot Chicks. I'll have to take a look at that Adrenaline workout again. Maybe I can use that the last month of the contest. Anyway, I will only be able to get 3 weeks in whatever program I choose for that last month because I changed to the Transformation 2 program after doing a week of Hot Zone. Ahhhhh, so many choices! I do feel my arms getting stronger, though. I can actually do push-ups again!!!!! I'm up to 10, Yay!!!! Kind of pathetic, but I could barely do 1 a month ago.

Old 06-26-2010, 02:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by momof4 View Post
I must say that I love Transformation 2 workout B! This is my 3rd week with it, and I saw improvement today.
Eating has been clean today. Hubby bought a new grill. So we'll have to have some steaks tonight. Yum!!!!

I have to say that I sure wish it was as easy to take extra fat off than it is to put it on. The fat-loss process seems so ssslllllooooowwww! I just want to snap my fingers and have it be gone!
Hi Deena...welcome back.

Transformation 2 is one of my favorites too.

Goodluck!!!
Old 06-26-2010, 04:15 PM

Hey Andy,
Good to see you! Thanks for stopping by! Yep, Transformation 2 ranks right up there with the original Hardcore for me.