TT Members Forum  
Home | Discussion Forums | TTmembers.com Tour | Search | Member Area

Go Back   TT Members Forum > Transformation Contests > 8th Transformation Contest
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-03-2010, 11:40 PM

As far as your new normal goes, really living means growing over time, even if it's just a little. So you could say we wake up and have a new normal every day. There are a lot of rewards to be had from putting a strong focus on your transformation. I have found that the 12 weeks of effort cause permanent changes in your physique that are easier to maintain than they were to create. An over exaggerated analogy would be the incredible amount of force it takes a rocket to break free from the pull of Earth's gravity compared with the little jets that keep it in orbit. If you have to get a little bit obsessed for a relatively short period of time that's OK!
Old 06-04-2010, 10:59 AM

Catherine,
I suppose we do wake up to a new normal everyday. More than likely, it will be almost impossible for me to not be consumed. It's in my blood. Thanks for giving me permission. I want to win this thing! I know how I looked just a year and a half ago and keep kicking myself in the butt for not maintaining it. I was actually starting to see abs! I've never had that, even when I was mtn. bike racing in my 20's. You are 100% correct that it takes so much more work to get there than to maintain. I think that's why it's taken me so long to get motivated again. I know the effort that goes into a transformation. It's just plain HARD!!!! I love your analogy with the space shuttle. My engines failed, and I had to come back to earth. Now I'm tyring to re-orbit. What a ride it will be!!!!!!
"So, whether you eat or drink, or whatever you do, do all to the glory of God." 1 Corinthians 10:31

3rd Place TC8 5-week mini contest!
1st Place TC8 12-week contest Under 40 Division!
Old 06-06-2010, 03:31 PM

I bought a food scale so I could quit guessing about the portions I was eating. I didn't realize they were so inexpensive, or I would have bought one a long time ago. I am happy to report that my guessing wasn't too far off. But, from now on I'll be sure about my portion sizes, which will layer me with security about how much I'm eating. I'm doing Isabel De Los Rios 6 week kick start plan, and it calls for 3 oz of this and 4 oz of that, so the scale will be a nice addition in my kitchen.

I'm also going to switch to a workout schedule that is 3 days on 1 day off. That way, I can have a more intense workout on my TT off days. It will look something like this. tt workout A, tt off (my own workout), tt workout B, OFF, tt workout C, tt off (my own workout), tt workout A, OFF, etc. I'm interested to know if anybody else has switched up their schedule with success.
"So, whether you eat or drink, or whatever you do, do all to the glory of God." 1 Corinthians 10:31

Old 06-07-2010, 08:03 AM

Good idea on the food scale. I baught one and used it for about a week. After that you will get used to how much of something looks and know what the portion is, but it is always good to have it handy with new foods or new recipes.

I just changed to a 3 a week program last week and will be adding in my own on off days as well. We will have to let each other know how it is working out for us. I just have to make sure I don't over train. On Friday I did an intense TT for Abs workout, ran 8 miles Sat AM, and yesterday was my off day. I did swim around a lil bit, but nothing to work up a sweat.

Cheers,

Matty G.

Quote:
Originally Posted by momof4 View Post
I bought a food scale so I could quit guessing about the portions I was eating. I didn't realize they were so inexpensive, or I would have bought one a long time ago. I am happy to report that my guessing wasn't too far off. But, from now on I'll be sure about my portion sizes, which will layer me with security about how much I'm eating. I'm doing Isabel De Los Rios 6 week kick start plan, and it calls for 3 oz of this and 4 oz of that, so the scale will be a nice addition in my kitchen.

I'm also going to switch to a workout schedule that is 3 days on 1 day off. That way, I can have a more intense workout on my TT off days. It will look something like this. tt workout A, tt off (my own workout), tt workout B, OFF, tt workout C, tt off (my own workout), tt workout A, OFF, etc. I'm interested to know if anybody else has switched up their schedule with success.
Old 06-07-2010, 05:35 PM

Matty,
I'll keep you posted

Old 06-07-2010, 06:01 PM

Monday June 7, Day 8:
One week under my belt. WooHoo! It always takes some getting used to when getting back into weight lifting, but I surprisingly came out of it feeling pretty good. I did the first week of Phase 1 of the 12 week hot zone workout, and although it was a good week, I have decided to switch. There are just too many good new workouts to pass up since I did TT3. Hardcore Fatloss was my ultimate favorite, and I finally found some that will match the variety I loved and crave. Drum rolll please......For the next four weeks, I will be doing Transformation 2 Judgement Day. After that, it's a toss up between Hardcore 2K10, TT Big 6, TT Adrenaline and The Gauntlet. We'll see when the time comes.

Workout A - Transformation 2
I can already tell I'm going to love this workout, although workout B looks pretty tough. We'll see in a couple days. I love the variety in the circuits and came out of it feeling worked.
Circuit 1 x 2
1A) Repeated Jumps 8 reps (1-0-X) good to get the heart beating
1B) Barbell or Dumbbell (DB) Push Press 8 reps (2-0-X) 15 lbs DB's
1C) Barbell Squat 10 reps (3-0-1) 65 lbs (3sec down is a burner)
1D) Stability Ball Rollout 10 reps (3-0-2)
Circuit 2 x 2
2A) Front Squats 10 reps (2-0-1) 45 lbs
2B) Stability Ball Hip Extension + Stability Leg Curl 10 reps + 15 reps (2-0-1) (Another leg burner)
2C) DB Squat 15 reps (2-0-1) 25 lb DB's
2D) X-Body Stability Ball Mountain Climber 10 reps per side (1-0-1)

Interval Training Workout On Bike
warm up 3 min., 30sec hard/30sec easy x 6, cool down 3 min.
The workout called for 24 sec hard/ 36 sec easy. I didn't have the right kind of timer and I didn't want to have to think about it or watch the time, so I opted for even intervals.

Old 06-08-2010, 06:53 PM

Tuesday, June 8 Day 9

TT off Day

Today I did some cardio bodyweight intervals. They included exercises like jump squat, burpees, butt kicks, jumping jacks, jumping jack squats, high knees, mountain climbers. It was pretty tough. My total time was about 25 min.

I'm sore, from yesterday's workout, in a place I've never been before. It's right at the lower part of my rib cage, but it doesn't feel like I pulled something. It truly feels like muscle soreness. Are there really muscles right there? Fancy that!

Old 06-08-2010, 07:42 PM

Wow, looks tough for your off day!!!

If you have some stairs, try this for your next hardcore Interval training:

-I use 6 flights of stairs & it worked out fine for me-
3 min warm up - run down & walk up for three min
Run up for 45sec
Jog down for 30sec
Run up for 30sec high jump one flight after the 30sec run
Jog down for 45sec
Run up for 45sec
Jog down for 30sec
Run up for 30sec high jump one & 1/2 flights after the 30sec run
Jog down for 45sec
Run up for 45sec
Jog down for 30sec
Run up for 30sec high jump two flights after the 30sec run
5 min cool down - jog down & walk up for five min

I did this for my last one and it was so hard I thought I was going to be sick!!!! But in a good way...

Quote:
Originally Posted by momof4 View Post
Tuesday, June 8 Day 9

TT off Day

Today I did some cardio bodyweight intervals. They included exercises like jump squat, burpees, butt kicks, jumping jacks, jumping jack squats, high knees, mountain climbers. It was pretty tough. My total time was about 25 min.

I'm sore, from yesterday's workout, in a place I've never been before. It's right at the lower part of my rib cage, but it doesn't feel like I pulled something. It truly feels like muscle soreness. Are there really muscles right there? Fancy that!
Old 06-08-2010, 07:47 PM

Matty,
That does look tough. I forgot to add that it was 8 min warm up and stretch, 3 min. hard/ 30 sec rest x 3 rounds, 8 min. cool down and stretch. I stole the timing from Insanity.

Old 06-08-2010, 07:52 PM

[quote=gilbertTT;125398]Wow, looks tough for your off day!!!

That's why I'm doing 3 days on, 1 day off schedule. I'm kind of a sucker for intensity