TT Members Forum  
Home | Discussion Forums | TTmembers.com Tour | Search | Member Area

Go Back   TT Members Forum > Transformation Contests > 8th Transformation Contest
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-07-2010, 11:17 AM

It sounds like you are doing great with your workouts and meals. How do you like the Booty for Wife? There are so many programs, I had a hard time choosing. Keep it up!
"So, whether you eat or drink, or whatever you do, do all to the glory of God." 1 Corinthians 10:31

3rd Place TC8 5-week mini contest!
1st Place TC8 12-week contest Under 40 Division!
Old 06-08-2010, 10:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by momof4 View Post
It sounds like you are doing great with your workouts and meals. How do you like the Booty for Wife? There are so many programs, I had a hard time choosing. Keep it up!
Thanks! I like Booty for Wife. I don't really like the name though. Sorry Craig! My plan is to do all 3 in the series. After that? I'm not sure- I guess I'll figure that out in August.

Today I did my 'off' day exercise. I walked to the gym which is only 4/10 of a mile away. Usually I drive though because it's dark when I go. Now that it's light at 5:30 I feel more comfortable walking. I feel silly driving but at that dark hour, weird people in vans scare me. Maybe I'm paranoid but better safe than sorry. Once I got there I jogged on the treadmill for a while and then walked home. Total time was 50 minutes. Then I ate egg whites on Ezekeil toast with tomato and 1/2 slice of swiss cheese. Well, I ate 3/4 of it because I left it too close to the edge of the counter and the whippets got it. Darn dogs! You have no idea how many meals they have stolen!
Old 06-08-2010, 11:09 AM

LOL too funny, about the dogs...

Growing up I had some pups that got on top of our counter while we were @ church and ate an entire Easter Dinner...

Matty G.
Old 06-08-2010, 12:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gilbertTT View Post
LOL too funny, about the dogs...

Growing up I had some pups that got on top of our counter while we were @ church and ate an entire Easter Dinner...

Matty G.
OMG!! That's funny!
I didn't know it when we got them but Whippets are known as 'counter surfers'. They are like cats- very quiet and agile, and sneaky!
Old 06-08-2010, 12:57 PM

Congrats on the 3 lbs! I started Booty for Wife yesterday - the longer intervals are going to take some getting used to. By about 50 seconds in I really wanted to jump off, but I do like being able to hold a speed interval a bit longer with this program.
What TT programs had you tried before BfW? I was just finishing up Buff Dudes & Hot chicks - which is really great! I loved the "C" day
Great job on sticking to your goal, you'll love day 84 when they put down the donuts and see the results of all your hard work

Quote:
Originally Posted by DebbieD View Post
6/7/10

Still on track! I dropped 3 pounds during the week-water I'm sure but that's a start. I saw my sister yesterday and I haven't seen her since my father's Memorial in February and she said I look slimmer than I did then. So, cool.

I really like the longer intervals in the Booty for Wife program. I find that I have to make sure I'm doing them a a '7'. I think I'm so used to doing the shorter, kill me speed intervals and I tend to try to do the 2 minutes harder than I should. Probably an 8 which probably isn't a bad thing but there must be a reason for the recommended 7. I do make sure my rest interval is a 3!!
Old 06-09-2010, 02:10 PM

I've been around here a while so I've done many TT workouts! I started with the TT for Fat Loss Series and went from Intermediate all the way through 2K6. I've also done Buff Dudes/Hot Chicks, AAA Abs, Big 5, 2K8, 2K9, part of 2K10 (have to go back and do this one right), maybe more I can't remember. Apparently, it's not the exercise holding me back!!!

I missed my workout this morning. My daughter had to be at school at 6:15 am for a trip so I'd planned to do my workout after work. However, my husband was up ALL night coughing horribly so guess who didn't sleep very much? I'm so tired right now I could just fall asleep at my desk. He has an awful sinus infection, pink eye and now this horrid cough that is kind of scary. He saw the Dr. yesterday so I'm trying not to worry. But I need to sleep. I'll see what I feel like later. ????
Old 06-09-2010, 02:26 PM

Sorry to hear about your hubby...all the best!
Sometimes a workout can wake you up....all those endorphins and all
Old 06-10-2010, 11:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by coastalveg View Post
Sorry to hear about your hubby...all the best!
Sometimes a workout can wake you up....all those endorphins and all
...and sometimes a nap is what the body wants.

I went home and sat down 'for a minute' and ended up falling asleep for an hour. This is not like me at all so I figured I needed the rest and let it go at that. I didn't really feel that great for the rest of the night and was thinking maybe I was coming down with what Bob (husband) has. Went to bed at 9 and got up at 5:30 and had a great workout!!

I was able to do my eccentric pull-ups with no assist this morning. They were hard but I did them. I also feel like I could increase my incline db press from 30 to 35# db's but getting them from my knees into position is what holds me back. There is no one there who would have a clue how to spot so I'm just going to have to figure this one out on my own.
Old 06-10-2010, 01:32 PM

I'm so happy that you listened to your body! Great job on the pull-ups thats awesome! I still need to do them with the assisted machine but one day I'll be able walk past it and go straight for the bar..ha ha!

I am so with you on the heavier weights..I tried to do get the heavier weights up and I couldn't do it. I think I'm going to try the technique to get them up with smaller weights so I can get the motion down pat.

If you don't move to the 35's are you going to do more reps at 30?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DebbieD View Post
...and sometimes a nap is what the body wants.

I went home and sat down 'for a minute' and ended up falling asleep for an hour. This is not like me at all so I figured I needed the rest and let it go at that. I didn't really feel that great for the rest of the night and was thinking maybe I was coming down with what Bob (husband) has. Went to bed at 9 and got up at 5:30 and had a great workout!!

I was able to do my eccentric pull-ups with no assist this morning. They were hard but I did them. I also feel like I could increase my incline db press from 30 to 35# db's but getting them from my knees into position is what holds me back. There is no one there who would have a clue how to spot so I'm just going to have to figure this one out on my own.
Old 06-10-2010, 03:30 PM

On the Incline when go heavy I use my knees to throw the weight up so I can get it into positon. I stand with the weights right in front of my knees and sit sown on the bench. As I sit I let the DB rest on my knee. Then I use one knee at a time to throw them up over my chest.

Try this out a few times with smaller weights and see how it works for you. I also use this on flat bench, but do a roll back motion to get them in place off of my knees.

Good luck & great job on the Chin-ups,

Matt G.