TT Members Forum  
Home | Discussion Forums | TTmembers.com Tour | Search | Member Area

Go Back   TT Members Forum > Transformation Contests > 8th Transformation Contest
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-02-2010, 12:14 PM

Thanks everyone!
Old 06-02-2010, 02:43 PM

I love your energy! Way to go for keeping strong among all that negativity! Keep up the great work
Old 06-02-2010, 03:30 PM

Default you're amazing!

It is hard when people are afraid of change.

When you overhaul everything your loved ones got accustomed to, they may be scared they're losing the one they love. Have patience and show them you're still you, just in a new package... and pushups and pullups are totally sexy... don't know what he's thinking, lol.

keep at it.

"Somebody may beat me, but they are going to have to bleed to do it."
Steve Prefontaine

"There are no shortcuts to any place worth going."
- Beverly Sills

Avatar Picture is Jamie Eason. A very amazing woman in the fitness industry. Want to look like her!
Old 06-02-2010, 04:48 PM

Amen!! And when I see a girl doing pull-ups I think its awesome and it gives me hope that I have it in me to do them fully one day

Quote:
Originally Posted by northpolechick View Post
It is hard when people are afraid of change.

When you overhaul everything your loved ones got accustomed to, they may be scared they're losing the one they love. Have patience and show them you're still you, just in a new package... and pushups and pullups are totally sexy... don't know what he's thinking, lol.

keep at it.
Old 06-03-2010, 02:20 AM

Wait, You mean there are pull ups and push ups in TT? Hi Debbie, so glad you're in. Sounds like you could use our family motto- "Do well, and let them talk". Good luck!
Old 06-03-2010, 01:28 PM

You guys are funny!!

Here's the thing- I've been working out since I was 23. I met him at 24 and am now 48! What's changed? Nothing- I even workout less than I used to by about an hour!! Anyway, I'm over it. No biggie. It just frustrated me for that day. But I"m on a mission now.

So, I don't know why I had avoided Booty for Wife thinking it was a beginner program and too easy. Jeez, haven't I learned by now that TT and easy just don't mix? It's great and I can't wait to move on to the 2nd four weeks.

By the way, (referring to an earlier post) I have never felt more athletic than I do when I'm following Turbulence Training! All the 'bodybuilding' workouts all those years and then all the running and still nothing compares to TT. I was an athlete for many years in HS and college and this is as close as it comes to that strong (mind & body), confident feeling. Probably why I've stuck with it for as long as I have. I've strayed but always come back.
Old 06-03-2010, 02:41 PM

It is so frustrating when you are trying to make good, positive changes in your life and other people just try to pull you down. I've just tuned all of them out and chalked it up to the fact that they are probably jealous and too lazy to make changes in their own life, so they're overcompensating...either way, you're on the right track and sounds like you have the right mindset.

Glad you love Booty for Wife too - I'm in my 3rd week of the first set - it is great!
Old 06-03-2010, 08:51 PM

I finally posted my pictures. Ew! We were on the beach all day and took these when we got home. I feel gross about them because it's just not the way I present myself to the world. Well, maybe to the beach. But I certainly didn't leave the house looking like that. Whatever! My after pictures will be that much better I guess!!
Old 06-03-2010, 09:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DebbieD View Post

By the way, (referring to an earlier post) I have never felt more athletic than I do when I'm following Turbulence Training! All the 'bodybuilding' workouts all those years and then all the running and still nothing compares to TT. I was an athlete for many years in HS and college and this is as close as it comes to that strong (mind & body), confident feeling. Probably why I've stuck with it for as long as I have. I've strayed but always come back.
I really like this. I was NOT an athlete in school -but I like to think of myself as 'athletic' now. Strong, yes- thats a goal of mine.

Glad to hear you like Booty For Wife- I think I will be going to that next!

"If you believe in yourself and have dedication and pride- and never quit, you'll be a winner. The price of victory is high- but so are the rewards." ~ PAUL "BEAR" BRYANT

My Fitday Journal
Old 06-07-2010, 11:52 AM

6/7/10

Still on track! I dropped 3 pounds during the week-water I'm sure but that's a start. I saw my sister yesterday and I haven't seen her since my father's Memorial in February and she said I look slimmer than I did then. So, cool.

I really like the longer intervals in the Booty for Wife program. I find that I have to make sure I'm doing them a a '7'. I think I'm so used to doing the shorter, kill me speed intervals and I tend to try to do the 2 minutes harder than I should. Probably an 8 which probably isn't a bad thing but there must be a reason for the recommended 7. I do make sure my rest interval is a 3!!

This morning post workout I had greek yogurt, blackberries, almonds and 1/4 cup dry rolled oats mixed in. It was a nice change from my usual shake. It was nice to not hear that stupid blender-They should come with a silencer!!