TT Members Forum  
Home | Discussion Forums | TTmembers.com Tour | Search | Member Area

Go Back   TT Members Forum > Transformation Contests > 8th Transformation Contest
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-26-2010, 03:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by antoheion View Post
Hi, Evergreen, I'm not into complex diets either... Now I'm just eating healthy, no added sugar, no liquid calories, only fruits, veggies&grill and I'm down 7kg- about 15 pounds- in one month and I feel great. Is it worth it to spend 100$ on a diet that promises an extra 10 pound loss? I'm sure it's a good diet, but why use it if you can lose fat very fast by simply eating whole, natural foods and by reducing your calories by 300-400? 25 pounds in 25 days sounds exagerrated&unhealthy to me, only my opinion- plus the elaborated meal plan (hate those!)... Now I eat what I like, only when I feel hungry- 4-6 times a day, and it's great. Hope this helps you,
Ion
Thanks for your input. This really goes along with how I believe -

still thinking about it though....

"If you believe in yourself and have dedication and pride- and never quit, you'll be a winner. The price of victory is high- but so are the rewards." ~ PAUL "BEAR" BRYANT

My Fitday Journal

Last edited by Evergreen : 05-26-2010 at 06:03 PM. Reason: fixing typo...always!
Old 05-27-2010, 09:11 AM

Default Thursday 5/27/10

Breakfast slice Ezekiel bread w/ coconut oil, 2 tky bacon

Workout -
I am doing ETK min. Week 3 today. I just LOVE Pavel! Will do 5 -7 sets of 40 swings with 8K kettlebell with 1 min intervals ( Jumping Jacks, mountain climbers, burpies, jog in place) in between -I’ll being doing the rounds timed for 12 mins so not sure how many Ill get in.

Then- Ill do my TT interval from yesterday that I did not get in.

I did go to pool and swim with DS12 - so its not like I napped

Thinking about goals -I had listed 'winning transformation contest' as one of my goals to start with and the more I thought about it -I decided that is not a true goal. I do want to transform my body. That is a goal for sure. But if winning the contest is my goal- I feel like I would have to be willing to go to more drastic measures with my diet than I am willing to do. This is because my metabloism is already screwed up (hypothyroid) and when I do extreme things - like crash diets- I always regret it later. That being said I loose weight REALLY slowly -a pound a week- on a good week. BUT to be healthy is my #1 goal. If I were in my 20’s I might this differently. But I'm not. I'm 44 and I know my body.

I believe consistancy will be the key for me. I will eat clean (want to avoid processed food as much as possible and get white sugar completely out of my diet) and will used fitday to track calories -I am going to work out regularly -and we will see what kind of transformation my body yields. I’ll bet I end up looking better than I do now. And who knows - maybe good enough to win

"If you believe in yourself and have dedication and pride- and never quit, you'll be a winner. The price of victory is high- but so are the rewards." ~ PAUL "BEAR" BRYANT

My Fitday Journal

Last edited by Evergreen : 05-27-2010 at 09:14 AM. Reason: fixing typos!!! grrrr!
Old 05-27-2010, 09:49 PM

Default Thursday 5/27/10

Food:

6AM Ezekiel Bread, coconut oil, 2 tky bacon

8:30 Protein shake

9:30 Salba bar

10:30 1 oz almonds

1:30 Green salad, 3 oz chick breast, olive oil

4:00 Greek yogurt

7 PM 5 oz roast, cup brown rice

Not sure why I was so hungry this morning -usually my shake is VERY satisfying. But I was. Starving. But I made it.

Calories 1413

My Fitday Journal
Old 05-28-2010, 08:35 PM

Default Friday 5-28-10

Workout
I did TT for Fatloss Workout A Intermediate again. I like this workout. I like that my arms are jell-o when I am done and when I get in the shower it hurts to wash my hair lol. I like it when each time I sit down throughout the day my hamstrings & glutes remind me that I worked out this morning. Makes me sit a little taller. Makes me pay better attention to what I eat throughout the day. And I am thankful for that when I am really not seeing any changes in the mirror yet or on the scale reminds me something positive IS happening to my body.

o Prisoner Squat – 12 repetitions
o Pushup – 8 repetitions
o Stability Ball Leg Curl – 12 repetitions
DB Split Squat – 8 reps using 10 lb DBs
DB Incline Press – 8 reps using 10 lb Dbs (need 15 lb Dbs -do not have them - YET)
DB Split Squat – 8 repetitions per side -20 lb DBs
DB Incline Press – 8 repetitions - 20 lb DBs
Stability Ball Leg Curl – 15 repetitions
Pushup – 15 repetitions (first 5 of each set on my toes, last 10 on knees_
Stability Ball Jackknife – 10 reps
DB Rear-Deltoid Raise – 10 reps 10 lb Dbs

Then Interval A doing high knees running on mini trampoline. LOVE this one!

Food:
I have been super hungry in the mornings. My thyroid is out of whack so that my be the problem -I recently switched from an herbal formula to support it to a homeopathic formula and my body sometimes takes a bit to adjust. May be hormonal issues, BUT I was just super hungry the last two mornings -midday. Ill try and control myself better tomorrow and adjust my day today so I don’t go over calories.

Food Journal 5/28/10

6AM 1 turkey bacon coffee w/ stevia (pre workout)
8Am 1 tky bacon, 1 egg, spinach, tomato (post workout)
10am Whey protein shake (should not have had- I think I was curious to taste new whey protein)
11AM Greek yogurt
11:30 TLC bar
2:30Pm small spinach salad w/ tomato, avocado, 1/3 c. chick peas, lemon juice, olive oil
5PM Slaba bar
claories so far... 1234 so Ill do something light this evening.

Ramble:
I have been thinking about Goals again. Studying actually. I have to co-teach a class on weight loss next month and goals is one thing I would like to talk about. Actually I usually research the topic to teach that I need to learn about most. I am not much of a 'write my goals down' type. Not that I have totally unsuccessful in life- but I have seen some important things slip away.

So I realize after studying my goals should be more specific- and have an end time - not just ‘To be healthy’. So here is my newest attempt.

Long Term (1 year)
*I will not have a need for ANY prescription drugs.

*I will maintain the aerobic capacity to run 3 - 8 minute miles and be able to do 10 unassisted pull-ups

*I want to be able to fit in a size 8 comfortably, maintain 145 lb weight, and be able to see definition in my muscles.

Short Term (12 weeks)

*I want cut sugar & processed foods out of my diet, develop a habit of keeping track of what and how much I am eating, and find out what foods work best with my body.

*I want to plan ahead what workouts I will be doing over the next 12 weeks and commit to consistently do them. I want to be able to run 2 10 minute miles & used 25lb DBs for most of my weight work.

*I want to fit into a size 10 (jeans) comfortably and weigh 150 lbs. I want to loose enough body fat that you can see the definition in my arms & abs.

This Week (Starting Sunday)
*I will plan my meals out ahead of time for the entire week and stick only to plan. I will consume NO white sugar. I will drink my weight in ounces of water every day this week.

* I will plan what workouts I am doing, and the day and time I will do them. I will commit to stick to plan- no matter what.

* I will not turn on my computer until after I have worked out in the morning.

My Fitday Journal

Last edited by Evergreen : 05-30-2010 at 08:22 AM.
Old 05-29-2010, 01:10 AM

Didn't notice that I spent 15 minutes reading your posts, very interesting and very motivational.

Those Salba bars look interesting, I'll look for them on my trip to USA tomorrow.

You are doing great!! Keep it up!
Old 05-29-2010, 01:46 AM

Your goals look smart and very do-able, good for you! By the way, I think consistency is more important than radical changes in diet where winning or making the finals is concerned. (Of course, I don't think cutting out sugar is radical-just smart!) There also seems to be a connection between lots of posting and success, which is good, because you've got a very interesting thread going!
Old 05-29-2010, 09:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by juliux View Post
Didn't notice that I spent 15 minutes reading your posts, very interesting and very motivational.

Those Salba bars look interesting, I'll look for them on my trip to USA tomorrow.

You are doing great!! Keep it up!
Thanks so much!

Salba bars are great- very few raw and organic ingredients -lots of omegas, some fiber & protein.

Have a good time in the USA!

My Fitday Journal
Old 05-29-2010, 10:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pageboy9 View Post
Your goals look smart and very do-able, good for you! By the way, I think consistency is more important than radical changes in diet where winning or making the finals is concerned. (Of course, I don't think cutting out sugar is radical-just smart!) There also seems to be a connection between lots of posting and success, which is good, because you've got a very interesting thread going!
Catherine, Thank you so much for the encouragment- and for the inspiration! What an awesome transformation you had!!!!

I am kind of a all or none type of girl so I need to really get into the journaling or I wont do it at all. This is also a reason cheat days dont work very well for me.. they tend to throw me off track and I have a hard time getting back on. I have really been thinking about the 3 meals a day that you posted about (I also read a book by J Robb and this is how he believes) and may try it for a week. I am finding when i allow myself a snack, I want another, then another, ect.

Thanks again!

My Fitday Journal
Old 05-29-2010, 10:43 AM

quick post to add I AM going ot try 3 larger meals no snack today and see how it goes.

I also have my before pictures at photobucket but could not figure out how to get one as an avitar last night (face pic- not before shot)

I will see if I can get before shot on here this afternoon.

Which code do I use????? I tried all- none worked last night....

Any tips GREATLY appreciated!!!!!

My Fitday Journal
Old 05-29-2010, 01:24 PM

Good luck getting the picture up. I use a Mac so don't have any tips, but trial and error sometimes works!