TT Members Forum  
Home | Discussion Forums | TTmembers.com Tour | Search | Member Area

Go Back   TT Members Forum > Transformation Contests > 8th Transformation Contest
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-25-2010, 03:14 PM

Default Tuesday 5/24/10

Workout:

I did cardio intervals today (LOVE my Gymboss) walk/running. My plan was to jog/sprint but that changed after the second intervial.

But still it was a pretty good WO- and I did have fun! I did 3 sets Turkish Get Ups with an 8k kettlebell after -should have done before

Will post my food all at once at end of day.

"If you believe in yourself and have dedication and pride- and never quit, you'll be a winner. The price of victory is high- but so are the rewards." ~ PAUL "BEAR" BRYANT

My Fitday Journal
Old 05-25-2010, 04:36 PM

Way to go Evergreen!
I've been eyeing those turkish get ups as they look like a good challenge!
Keep up the great work!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evergreen View Post
Workout:

I did cardio intervals today (LOVE my Gymboss) walk/running. My plan was to jog/sprint but that changed after the second intervial.

But still it was a pretty good WO- and I did have fun! I did 3 sets Turkish Get Ups with an 8k kettlebell after -should have done before

Will post my food all at once at end of day.
Old 05-25-2010, 11:56 PM

I am NOT a huge fan of TGUs but I do feel them working my obliques on the way down. I love swings!

Meals for today:

Warning- Cheat meal -My oldest son is turning 24 tomorrow so we had his birthday meal tonight. I made him meatloaf (his choice) instead of mashed potatoes I used mashed cauliflower and everyone loved it -BUT I added cheese and sour cream . And Choclate cake. Yes I caved and had a peice. Luckily I have 3 boys and there will be none left in the morning. I have not eating anything with white sugar in 3 weeks let alone dairy.

Calories 1654 Protein 111.3g Carbs 138.5g Fat 74.8g

Breakfast - 1 egg, spinach, turkey bacon
snack - greek yogurt w/ salba seeds
lunch -salad greens, chick peas ,lemon & olive iol
snack -2 oz beef steak & salba bar (trying to get more protein)
supper -meatload, cauliflower
screw up - chocolate cake

I was planing on doing a fast tomorrow after my WO in the AM. Hopefully the junk I ate tonight will not leave me feeling like crap!

"If you believe in yourself and have dedication and pride- and never quit, you'll be a winner. The price of victory is high- but so are the rewards." ~ PAUL "BEAR" BRYANT

My Fitday Journal
Old 05-26-2010, 12:44 AM

Smile

It was a planned cheat meal- so don't let it get to you. It was a lovely special occasion meal, not a screw up. You must make some awesome meatloaf. I've never heard that one as a birthday dinner request before.

Quote:
I am NOT a huge fan of TGUs but I do feel them working my obliques on the way down. I love swings!

Meals for today:

Warning- Cheat meal -My oldest son is turning 24 tomorrow so we had his birthday meal tonight. I made him meatloaf (his choice) instead of mashed potatoes I used mashed cauliflower and everyone loved it -BUT I added cheese and sour cream . And Choclate cake. Yes I caved and had a peice. Luckily I have 3 boys and there will be none left in the morning. I have not eating anything with white sugar in 3 weeks let alone dairy.

Calories 1654 Protein 111.3g Carbs 138.5g Fat 74.8g

Breakfast - 1 egg, spinach, turkey bacon
snack - greek yogurt w/ salba seeds
lunch -salad greens, chick peas ,lemon & olive iol
snack -2 oz beef steak & salba bar (trying to get more protein)
supper -meatload, cauliflower
screw up - chocolate cake

I was planing on doing a fast tomorrow after my WO in the AM. Hopefully the junk I ate tonight will not leave me feeling like crap!
Old 05-26-2010, 08:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TINETINES View Post
It was a planned cheat meal- so don't let it get to you. It was a lovely special occasion meal, not a screw up. You must make some awesome meatloaf. I've never heard that one as a birthday dinner request before.
Well- the meatloaf & mashed Cauliflower were planned - the cake was not (sweets are not really my weakness usually)

He doesn’t live at home anymore- so I think it was comfort food (a break from fast food for sure) and I DO make pretty good meatloaf - which is why I planed to use it for cheat.

On a side note I made it the typical way with bread crumbs for him- but normally now if I make meat loaf I used tomatoes, onion, bell pepper instead of ketchup and season really well -no bread crumbs or grain of any kind. and just shape it as a loaf. I had thought about adding quinoa or brown rice also, but have not tried....

My Fitday Journal
Old 05-26-2010, 09:06 AM

Default to XFLD or NOT

thinking about DIET today- drank a protein shake for breakfast and I am going to do a lemonade/ grade B maple syrup fast the rest of the day today.

I am thinking about XFLD....

I really don’t like diets. My mom yoyo dieted my whole childhood. She never at ‘normal’. I want my kids to think of eating healthy as normal. (They don’t though- we live in the South).

Over the last 20 years I have watched my husband - who is my best friend -go from a 40 waist to 34 twice by crash dieting -he is currently a 42 waist & 2 XL shirt. I just believe that is so bad on your body- he might have been better off to stay consistently overweight, well not sure about that- but he may not be as big as he is now. He needs to commit to making healthier choices (but I do realize that I cant make that choice for him unfortunately). To do that to your body over age 40 (send you weight up and down & up & down extremely) is just asking for problems to me.

I am 44 and not on any prescription meds and would like to keep it that way. I have 20 lbs to loose- and I know I can do it eating clean in proper amounts with consistent exercise (it may be 80% what you eat- but I HAVE to workout consistently to see a difference).

SO do I want to spend close to $100 bucks to do it quicker (especially if it may help me win a contest???)

Maybe.

I want to think about my goals and write them down- then I'll decide. I do know my goals are as much about good health as looking good - if not more so.

Hopefully someone will read this ramble and give me an opinion.

I do think I am going to post a before shot -do I need to do that through a photo hosting site? I know I could not download a profile pic from my personal pictures (to large?) Anyway help with this appreciated too!

Better go workout and get ready for work!

My Fitday Journal

Last edited by Evergreen : 05-26-2010 at 09:08 AM.
Old 05-26-2010, 09:17 AM

Quote:
thinking about DIET today- drank a protein shake for breakfast and I am going to do a lemonade/ grade B maple syrup fast the rest of the day today.

I am thinking about XFLD....

I really donít like diets. My mom yoyo dieted my whole childhood. She never at Ďnormalí. I want my kids to think of eating healthy as normal. (They donít though- we live in the South).

Over the last 20 years I have watched my husband - who is my best friend -go from a 40 waist to 34 twice by crash dieting -he is currently a 42 waist & 2 XL shirt. I just believe that is so bad on your body- he might have been better off to stay consistently overweight, well not sure about that- but he may not be as big as he is now. He needs to commit to making healthier choices (but I do realize that I cant make that choice for him unfortunately). To do that to your body over age 40 (send you weight up and down & up & down extremely) is just asking for problems to me.

I am 44 and not on any prescription meds and would like to keep it that way. I have 20 lbs to loose- and I know I can do it eating clean in proper amounts with consistent exercise (it may be 80% what you eat- but I HAVE to workout consistently to see a difference).

SO do I want to spend close to $100 bucks to do it quicker (especially if it may help me win a contest???)

Maybe.

I want to think about my goals and write them down- then I'll decide. I do know my goals are as much about good health as looking good - if not more so.

Hopefully someone will read this ramble and give me an opinion.

I do think I am going to post a before shot -do I need to do that through a photo hosting site? I know I could not download a profile pic from my personal pictures (to large?) Anyway help with this appreciated too!

Better go workout and get ready for work!

The XFLD is a good program to start off with and is not much diffrent than what Craig has already helped us figure out (clean eating & the right amount of cals) execpt the added fast day. I am in week 3 & on cycle 4 of the XFLD. Next week is my last cycle, and I feel that it has lived up to it name. I have stayed on plan about 98% through thus far and have lost about 13lbs. My goal was 15lbs, and I feel as though I will reach that by the end of this next cycle. I will say I took a short (3 day) vacation and was able to stay on plan, but on my cheat days I CHEATED (see my blog or workout post for more info on that)...

With the photos, you can use something like photobucket.com or if you can get the size down; you can attach them to a post dirrectly...

Hope this helps a lil bit,

Matty G.
Old 05-26-2010, 09:19 AM

Hi, Evergreen, I'm not into complex diets either... Now I'm just eating healthy, no added sugar, no liquid calories, only fruits, veggies&grill and I'm down 7kg- about 15 pounds- in one month and I feel great. Is it worth it to spend 100$ on a diet that promises an extra 10 pound loss? I'm sure it's a good diet, but why use it if you can lose fat very fast by simply eating whole, natural foods and by reducing your calories by 300-400? 25 pounds in 25 days sounds exagerrated&unhealthy to me, only my opinion- plus the elaborated meal plan (hate those!)... Now I eat what I like, only when I feel hungry- 4-6 times a day, and it's great. Hope this helps you,
Ion
It could've been me, it could've been me..."
Meat Loaf- A kiss is a terrible thing to waste
Old 05-26-2010, 03:32 PM

Default Workout & Goals

Wednesday’s Workout

I did Intermediate TT Workout B

I used 20# dumbbells for all my DB work. Man- my arms are Jell-O!!! It felt good though and I kept doing sets of 10 lunges - just because they were fun -lol

I really cant go out and buy new heavier dumbbells right now so I got some dumbbell barbells (is that what they are called?) and I have enough plates that I can go up with weights for a little while.

I did the planks - (for reference I do not do yoga or palates at all) first 5 seconds I am thinking- “this is too easy” last 5 seconds I am thinking “WOW -these are tough!”

And I will admit- I have had a stability ball for years but mostly used playing with my 3YO grandson… The exercises I am doing with TT on it are tough!!! Who knew???? My ham strings are really getting a WO! And core!

Ran out of time and did not get to do my intervals (I need to make one of my goals - NOT to get on computer before WO! Seriously!)

Luckily I only work till 1 today and can get them in when I get home.
__________________________________________________ _______________

Health & Fitness Goals-

Long-term Goals

1. To be healthy
2. To be physically strong
3. To look great (Smoken Hot )

Short-term Goals (next 12 weeks)

1. Transform my body -loose fat & gain muscle (work out consistantly)
2. Control my portions & food choices (eat clean, count calories)
3. To increase my aerobic capacity & my strength
4. Be disciplined enouh to priortize my time to meet my goals

With these goals in mind -What TT program should I try next?

I will do Intermediate this week and maybe next week -but the third week I will be gone on a Mfuge trip to Kentucky and will be chaperoning a bunch of teens. Luckily most teens are not thinking about trouble at 5AM - so should not be a problem getting my WOs in. There is suppose to be a gym -we are staying in college dorms - but I plan to do one of the bodyweight circuits -incase there is a problem.

SO what program should I do when I get back????

My Fitday Journal

Last edited by Evergreen : 05-26-2010 at 08:32 PM. Reason: fix goals
Old 05-26-2010, 03:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gilbertTT View Post
The XFLD is a good program to start off with and is not much diffrent than what Craig has already helped us figure out (clean eating & the right amount of cals) execpt the added fast day. I am in week 3 & on cycle 4 of the XFLD. Next week is my last cycle, and I feel that it has lived up to it name. I have stayed on plan about 98% through thus far and have lost about 13lbs. My goal was 15lbs, and I feel as though I will reach that by the end of this next cycle. I will say I took a short (3 day) vacation and was able to stay on plan, but on my cheat days I CHEATED (see my blog or workout post for more info on that)...

With the photos, you can use something like photobucket.com or if you can get the size down; you can attach them to a post dirrectly...

Hope this helps a lil bit,

Matty G.
Thanks Matty- your posts about the XFLD are what made me consider it....

I was reading about all the BCAA you take each day - I work at a small healthfood store and we sell liquid BCAA -they are by made by Twinlab and called Amino Fuel. I am sure you could find them on-line. You may want to check those out if the pills get ot be too much.

Thanks for the pic advice!

My Fitday Journal