TT Members Forum  
Home | Discussion Forums | TTmembers.com Tour | Search | Member Area

Go Back   TT Members Forum > Transformation Contests > 8th Transformation Contest
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-22-2010, 09:11 PM

Talking Evergreen's Transfomation Journey

I am going to jump into this contest- a little late- but better late than never.

The accountability will be great for me. The money would be nice- the premium membership super nice -but a body transformation would be the biggest win!!!

I do not believe in crash diets...I believe in lifestyle change- clean eating for sure. BUT I have at least 20 lbs to loose and at least 10% body fat (to loose) could be more - so I will think my nutrition plan over carefully...

As for the TT workouts - as soon as I looked them over I knew they would be perfect for me!

I hope I win!!
But good luck to everyone....
though we know winning will have nothing to do with luck or hope!

"If you believe in yourself and have dedication and pride- and never quit, you'll be a winner. The price of victory is high- but so are the rewards." ~ PAUL "BEAR" BRYANT

My Fitday Journal

Last edited by Evergreen : 05-24-2010 at 09:08 PM. Reason: to see if I coulod change title...guess I ll leave it! Found it!
Old 05-23-2010, 07:57 AM

Hi, Evergreen, great to hear from you!! Looks like you have the right mindset to start the contest!! Looking forward to your succes!!
Ion
It could've been me, it could've been me..."
Meat Loaf- A kiss is a terrible thing to waste
Old 05-23-2010, 12:46 PM

Welcome! This forum has been great! I'm excited to see your results! Good luck to you!
Old 05-23-2010, 03:32 PM

Thanks for the welcome!!!

I have been recording my food in Fitday and I see why I am 30% body fat -so far today my % are:

Protein 14%
Carbs 37%
Fat 49%

I know - I know its bad! I had a whole avocado on my salad for lunch. MMMMMMM it was good -but did not realize it was 231 calories with 21 grams of fat :-( Oh well I know what my cheat food will be!!!!

This is my menu so far today:
Breakfast: 2 eggs, fresh spinach, & fresh tomato cooked together (well, the spinach & tomato first) in 1 tsp of coconut oil.

Snack: Kashi bar ( forgot to bring anything, went to church out of town with a friend, was happy to find this in gas station since water seemed my only other 1/2 way healthy opt. and I was starving)

Lunch: Salad- lots of greens & veggies (celery, clantro, green pep, broccoli, zuccini -all raw) 1/2 cup of chick peas (which I though were a protein - Fitday counted as 27g carb 6 gr protein), 1 tomato, 1 avocado. dressing -sea salt, 1/2 lemon, 2 tbs olive oil (OMG I havent even counted the olive oil at Fitday yet)

Snack -12 raw almonds

Supper- homemade veggy soup

Snack - Greek Yogurt - plain (will eat about 7:30)

totals for day -1422 calories -protein 15% carbs 30% Fat 55%

fat 90g Carbs 110 g Protein 57 g

I did get 30 grams of fiber!!!

WOW- what an eye opener. No wonder I have not lost any weight! :-(

I thought I was eating good- I hate writing all this down -I would so much rather just know what I need to eat- but that is not going to transform my body its it?

Edited to add: 2 cups coffee this AM w/ stevia ; 70 oz of water so far

Never did WO- Ill try to get something in tonight..but will do TT in the AM -I promise!

"If you believe in yourself and have dedication and pride- and never quit, you'll be a winner. The price of victory is high- but so are the rewards." ~ PAUL "BEAR" BRYANT

My Fitday Journal

Last edited by Evergreen : 05-23-2010 at 07:23 PM. Reason: to add meals
Old 05-23-2010, 04:47 PM

Just took my BEFORE pictures.

Very eye opening. I was thinking I wish I had come up with the journal title 'Judgment Day' first but now the thread 'Working toward a Less Mortifying After Picture' would really fit well.

Cant wait for my transformation.

I will post my weight/measurments then Im off to read more of the manual and plan a menu for next week. And do a WO.

hight 5' 7"

Weight 170

chest 40
lower abs 36
waist 32
hips 39
thighs 24
arms 19

My Fitday Journal
Old 05-24-2010, 11:07 AM

Thumbs up Monday 5/24/10

Workout:
I did my first TT WO this morning!!!! I love it.

I started with the recommended intermediate WO and will do it for this week but may move on to another next week. I really need heavier weights. I did have heavier dumbbells & ones I could add plates to to make any weight but with three boys all my dumbbells over 10 lbs are missing!!! This is exactly why I got a pink kettlebell!!

I love the workout- especially the intervals at the end. I did a high knee jog on my rebounder. LOVED IT! Could feel the fat pouring off- well OK, that was sweat- but that will help the fat go away, right??? I know, I know- IF I am eating right!

I need to search for the proportions I am suppose to be eating protein to carbs to fat

I have been super careful today and the fat % still is edging up there!!!

FOOD:

5:30 AM 2 cups coffee w/ stevia

6:30 AM Pre WO snack: 130 cals - 2 slices turkey bacon & 1 slice of dry Ezekiel toast (I normally would add coconut oil to my toast but I am trying to cut back those fats!!!) An interesting note -4 grams of protein in my 2 slices of tky bacon and 4 grams of protein in 1 slice of Ezekiel bread!!!

20 oz water

9AM Breakfast: 250 cals - Protein Shake (Soy Protein -I know-it is non gmo though.. when I finish this can I will switch to whey; scoop Colonix (Fiber supplement); TBS Lecithin; 1/2 banana; Tbs Bee Pollen; TBS Salba seeds; TBS Cinnamon)

12:00 lunch- green salad w/ tomato, carrot, 3 oz chicken breast, & lemon -olive oil dressing cal 336

20 oz water

Cal 715 Fat 35.3 gr Carbs 63.1 gr Protein 43.5

Ok- 43% of my calories above are coming from fat!!! The main fat I have eaten was 1 & 1/2 TBS olive oil on my salad!! I need food help!!! I feel like i am doing so good - I hate these fitday graphs!!!!!

3PM Snack 110 cal. Chocolate Greek Yogurt

5 PM Snack 2 pcs of tky bacon, 1 tbs beanut butter, apple (starving)

6:30 Supper 575 Cal. Chicken breast, 1 c. brown rice/ 1 tsp butter; cooked spinach

total calories for day: 1616 Protein 120.8 Carbs 147.8 Fat 62.6

(being supper hungry at 5PM screwed me up .... but I like to wait for Dh to get home so we can eat together)

My Fitday Journal

Last edited by Evergreen : 05-24-2010 at 09:21 PM. Reason: to add food
Old 05-24-2010, 12:25 PM

Default Yay!

Hi Evergreen....welcome to the 8th Transformation contest...we have very similar goals, and weigh the same too! I have started with the intermediate, and love it! Next I'm just going onto a bodyweight cardio for one week whilst on holidays, and when I get back I'll be doing the Buff Dudes and Hot Chicks for four weeks, and I haven't quite decided what I'll be ending with!

I wish you all the luck..., I look forward to your updates!

Thx
Old 05-24-2010, 12:56 PM

Good luck, Evergreen!

Adam
Old 05-24-2010, 05:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by msjit View Post
Hi Evergreen....welcome to the 8th Transformation contest...we have very similar goals, and weigh the same too! I have started with the intermediate, and love it! Next I'm just going onto a bodyweight cardio for one week whilst on holidays, and when I get back I'll be doing the Buff Dudes and Hot Chicks for four weeks, and I haven't quite decided what I'll be ending with!

I wish you all the luck..., I look forward to your updates!

Thx
Hi! good luck to you too!!!

I am goign to check out the bodyweight cardio soon too- I am going on a youth mission trip in two weeks. We are staying in doorms at a college -but I think there is a WO room. Not sure where I will go from there yet.

I will fit in booty for wife at some point -its my 20 yr annaversery in August -DH might like that

I will look for your journal!! Work hard!!!

My Fitday Journal
Old 05-24-2010, 05:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam_UK View Post
Good luck, Evergreen!

Adam
Thanks Adam! You too!!!

My Fitday Journal