TT Members Forum  
Home | Discussion Forums | TTmembers.com Tour | Search | Member Area

Go Back   TT Members Forum > Transformation Contests > 8th Transformation Contest
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-27-2010, 03:45 PM

Good nutrition, Catherine!!!
It could've been me, it could've been me..."
Meat Loaf- A kiss is a terrible thing to waste
Old 05-27-2010, 08:27 PM

Looks like you have a head start Catherine, looking terrific...

Good luck

Ma
Old 05-27-2010, 11:48 PM

Forgot to put my weight in earlier- 123. Going for the gusto on my fat loss goal- 108 lbs. I know that's really lean, but this time I'm going for the weight I've always wanted. Why not, big dreams are more exciting. Besides, as I do more dancing, choreography, and shows I want the figure that's ideally suited to my work, and there's no time to go for it like the present. Who knows what we can achieve if we believe in ourselves.
Old 05-28-2010, 09:26 AM

Up early enough to write breakfast down before I eat it:
2 omega 3 eggs over 2oz. mixed veg. 2T salsa, 1/3 cup oat bran w/1/4 cup sugar free maple syrup and cinnamon, 1 pear if ripe, otherwise 1C pineapple. I added a slice of ezekiel bread to dinner last night, but I'm going to stick with one grain serving per meal from now on in the contest. I hope to get over to fit day today to find out how many calories I'm getting, just out of curiosity. Very pleasantly sore from TT 2K8 yesterday. The kettlebell swings for intervals are a cool addition to my other interval options. I didn't have a kettlebell, so I did them with 10lb, and then 7lb dumb bells. I had to meet my son at the school bus so I needed to pick a weight that would allow me to get through the sets quickly. Yoga today for my in-between activity.
Old 05-29-2010, 12:00 AM

Lunch- Using up leftover protein- chicken, beef and pork totaling 4 oz, 7oz mixed green salad w/2T low calorie dressing, 5oz spinach w/1/2 C salsa, 1 whole wheat tortilla with 1T low fat cream cheese mixed with 1t natural peanut butter, 1 apple.
Dinner- 2 pieces of grilled chicken, 2 cups mixed vegetables, 7oz mixed green salad, 2T low calorie dressing, 1/2C salsa, 1 slice ezekiel bread, 1T reduced fat cream cheese mixed with 1t natural peanut butter, 1 pear.
I entered everything at Fitday and the total was 1,694 calories. This way of eating is so satisfying I'm hesitant to cut anything out to speed up my fat loss, so I may have to adjust my goal of 108 pounds. I'll see how the first few weeks go.
Old 05-29-2010, 12:02 PM

Breakfast:
2 omega 3 eggs
1 grapefruit
2oz spinach
3T salsa
1/3C oat bran
1/4C sugar free syrup
Pam & butter spray
coffee with 1/2 and 1/2
I'm actually enjoying using Fitday. 2 years ago I just thought it was a nuisance, but now I'm learning my way around. As I get leaner and fat loss becomes more challenging
I have to be willing to use new tools to get where I want to go. If you had told me two years ago that I would be weighing and measuring my food I would have thought you were nuts. I hope that one day staying lean will just come naturally and I'll be able to drop some of the extra effort, but until that day I'm content with doing what's required.
Lunch:
2 small pieces of grilled chicken
7oz mixed green salad
2T low cal. sugar free dressing (This is a sugar free balsamic vinaigrette made with splenda, someday I'm going to have to confront the splenda issue, but one thing at a time!)
1C mixed vegetables
3T salsa
1 apple
1 slice ezekiel bread
1T reduced fat cream cheese

Here's something I've discovered about the way I react to eating. We've all heard the advice to eat slowly because the brain won't signal fulness until 20 minutes after starting eating. Well, the truth is that I don't feel really full until about an hour after I eat! No wonder I couldn't stop eating once I'd started. This is something I just have to accept about myself if I want to reach my goals. My old solution was to follow Atkins so I could keep eating meat until I got the full signal. Now I commit to what I'm going to eat before I eat it and walk away when I'm done. How? This commitment is deep and personal, but here are some practical things I do. Eating doesn't start until I sit at the table, and ends when I get up. If I eat alone there are no distractions. It's just me, the food, and a deep sense of gratitude that I get to eat it without guilt.
Old 05-29-2010, 10:33 PM

Workout- TT2K8-C plus jump rope and planks for interval workout B
Dinner-
1 small piece of chicken
1 small homemade enchilada
7oz salad greens
2T low cal no sugar dressing
1C broccoli
7oz spinach
3T mango salsa
1- 1oz whole wheat tortilla
1T reduced fat cream cheese
1C blackberries
Oh yes, I am full right now! Fitday says 1561 for my calorie total. Oh please let this be low enough for fat loss 'cause I love to eat this way. Satisfaction is central to success.
Old 05-29-2010, 11:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pageboy9 View Post

Here's something I've discovered about the way I react to eating. We've all heard the advice to eat slowly because the brain won't signal fulness until 20 minutes after starting eating. Well, the truth is that I don't feel really full until about an hour after I eat! No wonder I couldn't stop eating once I'd started. This is something I just have to accept about myself if I want to reach my goals. My old solution was to follow Atkins so I could keep eating meat until I got the full signal. Now I commit to what I'm going to eat before I eat it and walk away when I'm done. How? This commitment is deep and personal, but here are some practical things I do. Eating doesn't start until I sit at the table, and ends when I get up. If I eat alone there are no distractions. It's just me, the food, and a deep sense of gratitude that I get to eat it without guilt.
This really makes sense. Iíll have to read over this a several more times and let it sink in as I am still trying to figure out exactly what will work for me. I am a speed eater - even though I know not to be- and I almost never eat with out distractions. Another benefit to eating slowly and chewing your food very well is the digestion process starts with enzymes in saliva -so makes things better for a much better digestion process.

"If you believe in yourself and have dedication and pride- and never quit, you'll be a winner. The price of victory is high- but so are the rewards." ~ PAUL "BEAR" BRYANT

My Fitday Journal
Old 05-30-2010, 09:56 AM

Default Hey there Catherine,,,

I didn't think you could get more gorgeous. I was on the transformationcontest site on Friday during my work break, showing one of the guys, and he said 'check out that chick in white', referring to you!!! You go girlfriend!!!

Loving Life, People, and our Amazing Creator.

My TT Blog/Thread - http://forum.ttmembers.com/showthread.php?t=7224
Old 05-30-2010, 11:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by missrobyn007 View Post
I didn't think you could get more gorgeous. I was on the transformationcontest site on Friday during my work break, showing one of the guys, and he said 'check out that chick in white', referring to you!!! You go girlfriend!!!
Oooh, I'm still a chick! Thanks Robyn. I really want to see how far I can take my health and fitness, and I want to encourage everybody to do the same. Mom used to say, "Take care of your teeth, you could live to 100." If so, I want to do it with enough physical stamina to keep having fun.

Melody- I had an insight at the table tonight, the feeling just before the last bite is fear. I'll finish this thought on your thread.

Nutrition today-
Calories- 1541
My fat/protein/carb pie chart is pretty balanced with the carbs being the most. Boy has that changed. Best of all, I'm over the RDA on all but 3 nutrients not counting my multi vitamin. I'll just post dinner here:
4oz steak
1/2 plain baked potato
2T salsa
7oz salad w/low cal dressing
2 C asparagus
1 small apple
1 slice ezekiel bread w/1T reduced fat cream cheese
By the time I'm done eating all this, I am alone at the table, my son has cleared the dishes and my husband is washing them. We're going to a Thai restaurant tomorrow for DH's birthday, and we had the menu out so that we could choose our dishes beforehand. It strikes me how incredibly lucky I am to have a family that is behind me 100% on this. Sometimes I worry that I'm getting way too self absorbed on my quest for fulfillment. I'll just have to remind them to let me know if it gets out of hand.