TT Members Forum  
Home | Discussion Forums | TTmembers.com Tour | Search | Member Area

Go Back   TT Members Forum > Transformation Contests > 8th Transformation Contest
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-10-2010, 11:34 PM

Default Back for Another Try

Well, I entered the very first Transformation Contest. My attempts there were not what I had hoped. Since then I have been a little on a roller coaster. Some good patches and some bad. I am going to use this Contest to finally get on the right path and try to avoid the roller coaster in the future. I took my pics tonight and will post some measurements soon.

I plan to incorporate everything that I have read and seen from Craig and his other contributors over the years. I plan to probably stick the basics with the workouts and do 2k8, 2k9, and not sure on the final month, but will figure it out as it comes. I look forward to hitting my goals in the up coming months.

Jeff
Old 05-11-2010, 08:29 AM
Administrator

Welcome back Jeff!
Old 05-11-2010, 08:32 AM

Hi!

I'm so glad to hear I'm not the only one who's been on a roller coaster!

It takes courage to step back into the ring!
I wish you all the best for this contest!
You can do it!
I am really, honestly and truthfully looking forwards to seeing your results, I know they can be amazing!
Might seem weird that I can say that now, but I believe in the best in people, that we can do anything we set our minds and heart to, and if we just realize that the sky is our limit!
Old 05-11-2010, 08:44 AM

I 2nd that... "It only take one decision to change your life"
Old 05-11-2010, 09:25 AM

Default Thanks

Thanks for the encouragement. I plan to definitely see it through this time and give it my best effort.

Also, I got my measurements last night and here they are to start out.

Weight: 225 lbs (horrible)
Bodyfat: approx. 20 %
Around Belly Button: 40 1/2 inches (ick)
Waist: 37 3/4 inch
Legs: 24 inches
Biceps: 16 1/4 inch
Old 05-18-2010, 01:27 PM

Default Week 1 complete

Well, it was a good week 1. I started out with the 2K8 routine for fat loss. It went really well, except the tennis elbow that is very slowly healing. I remember doing 2k8 in the past, so just needed to get the proper weights figured out. Will continue along with week 2 this week. My diet was very good(for me) during the first week. I usually try to ease my way in or put too many cheat foods in the week. This time I went cold turkey and got on a good diet with lower calories(cut out all the soda) and stuck to it the entire week. I am trying the approach I read from another program that Craig shared with us. Basically lower restricted diet for 5-6 days, then one cheat meal(he recommends pizza), then 5-6 more good days. I am going to wait to post my latest weight loss, it seemed to be TOO good this morning, so I have to see whats up.
Old 05-21-2010, 12:24 PM

Sounds like you had a great 1st week Jeff!! Excited to hear your results!!! Keep up the great work!
Old 05-21-2010, 01:27 PM

Congrats on a successful first week. I gave up diet soda a few months ago. It was hard the first couple weeks, but I believe it really helped my weight lose. After a few weeks I did not miss it other than the lack of variety. Water is basically all I drink now, except for an occasional iced tea.
Old 05-21-2010, 01:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vegasjay View Post
Well, it was a good week 1. I started out with the 2K8 routine for fat loss. It went really well, except the tennis elbow that is very slowly healing. I remember doing 2k8 in the past, so just needed to get the proper weights figured out. Will continue along with week 2 this week. My diet was very good(for me) during the first week. I usually try to ease my way in or put too many cheat foods in the week. This time I went cold turkey and got on a good diet with lower calories(cut out all the soda) and stuck to it the entire week. I am trying the approach I read from another program that Craig shared with us. Basically lower restricted diet for 5-6 days, then one cheat meal(he recommends pizza), then 5-6 more good days. I am going to wait to post my latest weight loss, it seemed to be TOO good this morning, so I have to see whats up.

That's Great Jeff,

One cheat meal a week will be good for you & I know what you mean. I have a 10lb Yo-Yo that I have been carrying around with me for the last few months. In my first 8 days of the XFLD I lost 9.5lbs of the 10. Which I knew was crazy & when I weighed yesterday 5lbs of my Yo-yo was back. If I could just junk this Yo-YO and keep it off I would be happy.

Keep up the good work,

Matty G.
Old 05-26-2010, 01:10 PM

Default Week 2 in the books

Hey all, thanks for the comments. I have been pretty busy with work and such, so I am kinda limited to weekly entries right now. Week 2 went very well again. I must say in terms of my eating habits, this has been my best start on any one attempt to transform the body and diet. Have been staying true to the cause for all meals(lunch was always tough in the past) and eating low cal whole foods as much as possible. Down a little over 8 pounds since I started. I know its not all fat but I am very happy with the start. I finished another week of 2k8. I forgot how much I hate the day 1 leg stuff, but it gets the burn going, so I cant complain too much. Also, getting in plenty of outside exercise including basketball and ice hockey.

Thats all for now. I may not be responding to others, but I am reading other contestant entries and it helps to read everyones stories. Lets all keep it up.