TT Members Forum  
Home | Discussion Forums | TTmembers.com Tour | Search | Member Area

Go Back   TT Members Forum > Transformation Contests > 8th Transformation Contest
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-18-2010, 12:17 PM

Wow, I'm a member now... LOL I must have missed it
Old 05-18-2010, 02:13 PM

Thanks Matt for checking out my blog! You will love those bars..soo good!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gilbertTT View Post
Thanks again,

I checked out your blog & you have some real good stuff there...
I'm going to try to make some of those bars this weekend. Much better snack than what I buy.

Matt G.
Old 05-19-2010, 07:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by coastalveg View Post
Thanks Matt for checking out my blog! You will love those bars..soo good!
I will let you know how it goes making them...
Old 05-19-2010, 09:01 AM

Day 10...

I ate great yesterday (110% clean), but I didn't get to do the Interval Training at the end of my workout... I will get everything in today.

I did all of the reps in the first two SuperSets, but was unable to get all of my reps in for the last one. I also took much more rest time that I was supposed to.
I think I will go down a lil bit in weight so I can keep form and get all of the reps in that I need...

Bring on today!!!
Old 05-19-2010, 11:56 AM

Good work, Matt!!! I just visited your blog, but I didn't see the wkts... Not so familiar with blogs anyway... But I did see those 120 pushups&lunges performed with no rest and I must say way to go!!!!!!! When you go to failure during pushups you insert lunges or do you remain a few seconds in a pushup plank?
Ion
It could've been me, it could've been me..."
Meat Loaf- A kiss is a terrible thing to waste
Old 05-19-2010, 12:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by antoheion View Post
Good work, Matt!!! I just visited your blog, but I didn't see the wkts... Not so familiar with blogs anyway... But I did see those 120 pushups&lunges performed with no rest and I must say way to go!!!!!!! When you go to failure during pushups you insert lunges or do you remain a few seconds in a pushup plank?
Ion
No, no I never go to failure. Just do 20 reps and then change to the next move....

Thanks
Old 05-19-2010, 12:28 PM

Ok, now I got it! I can only do 30 pushups in a row (last time I tried- now I should be able to get 2-3 more) then it's over... :-))))
Again, great work!!
It could've been me, it could've been me..."
Meat Loaf- A kiss is a terrible thing to waste
Old 05-19-2010, 01:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by antoheion View Post
Ok, now I got it! I can only do 30 pushups in a row (last time I tried- now I should be able to get 2-3 more) then it's over... :-))))
Again, great work!!
Thanks Ion,

I have not been posting the workouts because they are in the Clash of the Titains plan, but I think I will start for any non-TT members that may be reading.
Old 05-19-2010, 05:36 PM

Default Xfld

Hey Matt,
So my daughter and I started the XFLD on Monday - Cheat day, Then Tuesday was Fast day and it kicked my butt, not to mention I was sick sick with the flu and felt so terrible. The fast day was sooo hard. I ended up drinking some chicken broth and ate a rice cake too Also, had no energy to workout, but Samantha did, so I'm proud of her. Feeling a bit better today, but still not 100%, not even close. Will attempt the workout and keeping on track with the shakes. I am very very hungry. Were you so hungry? I'm hoping to get the hang of this. As far as the mod carb day and protein day, did you have a calorie range to shoot for?

thanks
Old 05-20-2010, 09:12 AM

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shellg View Post
Hey Matt,
So my daughter and I started the XFLD on Monday - Cheat day, Then Tuesday was Fast day and it kicked my butt, not to mention I was sick sick with the flu and felt so terrible. The fast day was sooo hard. I ended up drinking some chicken broth and ate a rice cake too Also, had no energy to workout, but Samantha did, so I'm proud of her. Feeling a bit better today, but still not 100%, not even close. Will attempt the workout and keeping on track with the shakes. I am very very hungry. Were you so hungry? I'm hoping to get the hang of this. As far as the mod carb day and protein day, did you have a calorie range to shoot for?

thanks
I'm sorry to hear that you have been sick. I am sure that plays a huge role in all of it. On my Fast days I try to stay as busy as possible. I'm sure you can't be very busy when you are miserable & have to sit still.
I'm glad to hear that Samantha is doing well. Let her be your motivation to keep it up, & when she starts to struggle you can help her get through it...

I was a lil bit hungry at times, but I would try to curb that hunger with lots of water and 0 cal drinks. I do partake in some 0 cal diet sodas or energy drink when I need a pick-me up. I know I should stay away from them all together, but I feel that drinking those is better than eating cookies and Ice Cream (which are my weakness, I love sweets).
I would also try to plan my workouts during my hungry times. I can't eat before I workout, & afterwards I'm on a lil bit of a high and don't feel like eating so much.

As far as my calorie intake, with my LBM (Lean Body Mass) I am allowed 2500 calories a day. Everything is based off of that. Most peoples calories are between 1500-2200.

But here's the big kicker for me. I don't count any of the free Veggies as part of my calories. So I can eat 1000 extra calories of Veggies a day if I need to (except on fast days). My advice to you is to get some fresh and frozen steamable veggies that you like and always have some on hand. When ever you get hungry eat some carrots, or green beans. Whatever you like and is on that Free Veggies list...

I hope this helps a little bit. Keep it up & you will love what you find at the end,

Matt G.