TT Members Forum  
Home | Discussion Forums | TTmembers.com Tour | Search | Member Area

Go Back   TT Members Forum > Transformation Contests > 8th Transformation Contest
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-10-2010, 08:11 PM

Default Matty G. Getting Started...

Today I started the TT Challenge and the XFLD. I will be using the TT Clash for the first 25 days, then moving on to TT for Abs, and finishing up with TT for Mass.

Goals:
Loose 20lbs
8% body fat
Build my chest back up.

I've lost about 30lbs over the last 6 months from different programs. In doing so I lost about 6-8 inches off of my chest (fat). So during the later portion of the challenge I will be trying to build it back up a bit (2-3 inches would be nice)!!!

My current stats are:
6'
240 lbs
13% body fat
Chest ?
Thigh ?
Bi ?

7-May
Chest = 5, 5
Subscap = 15, 16
Supra = 15, 21
Abs = 15, 15
Triceps = 15, 16
Thigh = 8, 8
Axilla = 14, 13
% Body Fat = 12.52

I will add my photo and the rest of my measurements in the days to come.

NewsDown.jpg NewsPaper.jpg NewsUp.jpg

I will be blogging all of my food and workouts on this blog. Please come and check it out.
The feedback is needed and appreciated.
www.mattygsworkouts.blogspot.com

Thanks to everyone for taking on this challenge and I look forward to seeing everyone max out their potential.

Matt G.

Last edited by gilbertTT : 08-09-2010 at 05:55 PM. Reason: Photos Added
Old 05-10-2010, 08:17 PM
Administrator

Awesome work Matt, you are going to be superlean!
Old 05-10-2010, 08:29 PM

Thanks Craig,

My only concern about the XFLD is the fact that I will be taking over 100 capsules of the BCAAs on the fast days. I have never taken many supplements, and this seems like quite a bit. I know I asked you about it on FaceBook, so I will give it a try. If it jacks with stomach I'm going to stop using them...

Matt G.
Old 05-11-2010, 11:25 AM

Default Goals

I forgot to add my goals...

Goals:
Loose 20lbs
8% body fat
Build my chest back up.

I've lost about 30lbs over the last 6 months from different programs. In doing so I lost about 6-8 inches off of my chest (fat). So during the later portion of the challenge I will be trying to build it back up a bit (2-3 inches would be nice)!!!
Old 05-12-2010, 08:58 AM

Well I got through my fast day, & now I'm on day 3 with shakes....

Fun Fun..

Not to bad though. I did not start getting hungry until last night when I was cooking dinner for my kids. (hard not to eat with all of those great smells)

Before photo's to come today...
Old 05-12-2010, 09:03 AM

Here is the Diet/Meal plan that I will use for the first 25 days....

After this I will go to a more moderate TT life style eating plan. Let me know what you guys think.

The Xtreme Fat Loss diet is a 9-component highly strategic diet and training program specifically designed to yield the most rapid fat loss results; 25 days in duration
Revolves around a 5-day diet/training schedule that is repeated 5 times.
Diet includes Cheat Days, Fast Days, Shake Days, Moderate Carbohydrate Days, and Protein-only Depletion Days
Training regimen includes brand new FPFL-esque Lactic Acid, Strength, Dynamic, and Density workouts from John Romaniello. Eight unique workouts that are used 3 times each over the course
of the 25-day program.

The diet days and workouts are scheduled very strategically to yield a synergistic effect. Here is the schedule:

Day 1 – Cheat Day: Density Training – Each cycle begins with a Cheat Day to boost leptin and fat burning hormones to ensure the body is extremely primed for fat loss over the course of that cycle. A “bodybuilding” style Density workout is performed on this day to capitalize on the high calorie intake, protecting lean mass during the diet and potentially even allowing for gains in lean body mass over the course of the 25-day program (just ask Vince Del Monte)

Fast Day: Lactic Acid Training – After a Cheat Day, the body is extremely primed to burn fat. On this day, we create a massive caloric deficit through strategic fasting as well as metabolically expensive lactic acid training. Packed out glycogen and intracellular triglyceride stores from the prior day’s Cheat Day easily fuel the workout (along with strategic BCAA supplementation)

Shake Day: Strength Training – The shake day is another low calorie day in which all the day’s nutrition comes via nutrition shakes. The “shake only” nature of the day helps to increase adherence dramatically by keeping the diet focused on one thing. Strength training is done on this day to maintain strength levels, promote lean body mass maintenance, and to allow recovery from the higher volume workouts performed previously.

Moderate-carb Day: Dynamic Training – This day is a more “typical” diet day consisting of a 40/30/30 macro breakdown and more carbs/calories than other days. This gives the dieter a ‘break’ from the “extreme” nature of the diet right in the middle of each cycle, while fueling the workout of the day, Dynamic training, chosen to strategically promote further fat loss due to it’s metabolic demands.

Protein-only Depletion Day: Lactic Acid Training – The function of this day is to depletion glycogen and intramuscular energy stores to “make room” for the caloric surplus of the cheat day, minimizing any fat storage concern on this day. It’s also another great fat burning day of the cycle coming after the carbohydrate bump the
day before. Lactic acid training is strategically performed because of its depletion and fat loss effects.
To learn more about how you can lose up to 25 pounds of fat in 25-days visit this link: XFLD
Old 05-12-2010, 09:20 AM

Fast day went much better than I expected. I have never fasted for a full day before and I love, did I say "LOVE" to eat!!! It was all good. I did not get hungry until last night when I was cooking dinner for the kids (all of those wonderful smells).

As far as the workouts, they are great!!! I did TT Clash Day 2 which consisted of:

Body weight Warm up Circuit
Super set of:
120 push-ups
120 Lunges
(These were none stop with no resting)
Then about 15 min of hardcore cycle interval training (45 @ 90% / 45 @ 30%)...

I could feel the Fat pouring off of me... LOL More like pouring out. I was sweating all over the place. Gym workers and trainers got to love me!!!
JK I clean up after myself very well.

On to Day 3: Shake Day & Strength
Old 05-12-2010, 12:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gilbertTT View Post
Today I started the TT Challenge and the XFLD. I will be using the TT Clash for the first 25 days, then moving on to TT for Abs, and finishing up with TT for Mass.

Goals:
Loose 20lbs
8% body fat
Build my chest back up.

My current stats are:
6'
240 lbs
12.3% body fat
Chest ?
Thigh ?
Bi ?

I will add my photo and the rest of my measurements in the days to come.

Attachment 3717 Attachment 3718 Attachment 3719

I will be blogging all of my food and workouts on this blog. Please come and check it out.
The feedback is needed and appreciated.
www.mattygsworkouts.blogspot.com

Thanks to everyone for taking on this challenge and I look forward to seeing everyone max out their potential.

Matt G.
Photos Added
Old 05-12-2010, 10:12 PM

Hey Matt!
Sounds like things are going good for you! I bought the XFLD too and after looking at it got really scared! I'm not sure if I want to try it, so if you wouldn't mind I'm going to follow you for a bit, probably a week or so and see if it's something I want to do. I'll pick your brain if you don't mind.

I'm not sure how I feel about the fast day and shake day and all the BCAA's. Can you share your thoughts with me on why you decided to use this plan? Thanks!!
Old 05-13-2010, 09:03 AM

Sure Shell,

I spoke with Craig several times about this meal plan and the BCAA's. I am not much of a supplement guy. Meaning I don't like to take pills at all. For the most part before I started this I would try (Key Word "Try") to take a multivitamin, glucosamine-chondroitin (because I am real hard on my knees), & my Allergy pills. I could remember those on most days, but not on the weekends and I would also forget on busy days.

With all of that said on this plan I was to take 140 capsules of BCAA's on my fast day. Coming from a guy who hates to take his meds, I thought this was just crazy. So I spoke with Craig & Joel about it, and asked if that was the right number (as well if it would be ok for my body). They both said they were ok for my body, and Joel said that was the right number. I also asked Craig (because he is not big on supplements) if he thought I needed the BCAA's @ all or that many. He told me to "take them with one 25 day cycle and then do the cycle again without them and see if there was any change". I told him "ok, but if taking all of those pills jacked with my stomach I would stop taking them".

I found some BCAA's that were the same price as the ones Joel was supporting, but had twice the amount of pills and double the BCAA in each pill. Check out the links here: Matty G's BCAA's

These pills allowed me to take 80 capsules, instead of the 140 I would have had to take. They also saved me some cash.

I, like you was comprehensive about the fast and shake days. I just followed the plan, drank lots of water, took the BCAA's, did Craig’s workouts, and I was fine on my Fast day.

Thanks and ask all the question you would like, that is how we all learn and get better from one another. Just look at how much Craig helps us.

Matty G.