TT Members Forum  
Home | Discussion Forums | TTmembers.com Tour | Search | Member Area

Go Back   TT Members Forum > Transformation Contests > 8th Transformation Contest
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-17-2010, 11:08 PM

Default Day 15 - Rest day with food journal

Had to work my other job today so I walked there and back which is ~ 40 minutes. Then went for a walk to the lake for an hour. Feeling pretty weak today and the headache is still there so I wasn't in the greatest mood..lol! But today is a happy day because it was my last shift at my other job! I'm pretty excited to be out of there as the business wasn't the best to work for and the management was pretty brutal. I took on the other job as the hubby is in school but that's coming to an end soon and he will be back working..wahoo! Anyways, today I kind of had a cheat day. I didn't full out eat a ton of calories, I just ate more of what I eat usually plus a bit of chocolate It felt good but I don't want to do that too often as it causes me to lose focus!

Food Journal

2 apples
banana
2 pieces sprouted bread, toasted
2 tbl PB
1/4 cup lentils, cooked
2 tbl salsa
1/2 cup sprouts
1 tbl pumpkin seeds
0.5 tbl sunflower seeds
7 walnut halves
~ 40 raisins
orange
carrot
1 teaspoon miso
1 piece protein bar that I make myself ( oats, PB, coconut, flaxseed, raisins, 1 teaspoon rice milk, 1 banana, 1 scoop vega)
* this make a large glass casserole dish full
4 tbl frozen blueberries
1/2 cup quinoa
4 tbl homemade peanut sauce
Salad - 1.5 cups romaine lettuce, 1 carrot, 1/4 cup broccoli, 1/4 cup sprouts, 1/4 cup cucumber, 1/2 cup cabbage)
small piece organic chocolate
1.5 Homemade raw chocolate chip cookie dough balls ( cashews, oats, honey, chocolate)
TOTAL 1622
Old 05-19-2010, 12:25 PM

Hi, Melissa, just visited your blog and read what you wrote about KFC- ouch!!! I'll never be able to eat there again I think... I mean, I had a vague idea that it's not good for your health, but now... Yuck!! And when I think that my first cheat meal 1 month&2 weeks ago eas at kfc... Double yuck!!! Thanks a lot for all the information!!
Stay strong,
Ion
It could've been me, it could've been me..."
Meat Loaf- A kiss is a terrible thing to waste
Old 05-19-2010, 12:48 PM

Default Day 16- Week 2 of Bodyweight Cardio 2.0!

Still feeling pretty weak today and the headache is still there. I felt like I could possibly have a cold coming on. After work I actually took a nap which I haven't done in forever. Yet, I felt my body needed it so I didn't fight! Afterwards I literally got my workout gear on and walked out the door..leaving no room for excuses to enter my brain. I walked to the park and completed my workout (with intervals) and walked back. When I got home I felt 100% better, maybe all I needed was some fresh air and endorphins!

Bodyweight Cardio Version 2.0 Workout A
1) Tuck Jumps - 6 reps
2) 1-Leg Squat
*** subbed in bulgarian split squats -10/side
3) Pull-ups - 6 reps assisted
4) Shoulder Press Pushup-10 reps
5) 1-Leg Deadlife - 6/side
*** These are getting better but still a tough exercise
6) Chin-ups - 5 reps assisted
7) Squat thrusts - 10 reps
8) 1-Leg hop
*** subbed with explosive 2-legged hoppd - 12reps
Repeated for a Total of 3 times

Intervals were completed outside on the grass. I sprinted hard for ~ 20 seconds and rested for 40 seconds. Repeated 6 times. I'm loving these even though I'm out of breath!
Old 05-19-2010, 12:56 PM

Thanks for visiting my blog Antoheion! Yep, KFC is not one of the good guys unfortunately! I'm glad I could share that info with you Have an AMAZING day!

Quote:
Originally Posted by antoheion View Post
Hi, Melissa, just visited your blog and read what you wrote about KFC- ouch!!! I'll never be able to eat there again I think... I mean, I had a vague idea that it's not good for your health, but now... Yuck!! And when I think that my first cheat meal 1 month&2 weeks ago eas at kfc... Double yuck!!! Thanks a lot for all the information!!
Stay strong,
Ion
Old 05-19-2010, 01:08 PM

Default Day 17 - 2nd fast day plus the start of packing!

I decided to do my second fast a little earlier in the week as I'm going away for the long weekend. The first fast produced a nagging headache for two days which I don't want to have when I'm visiting my family and friends. According to Brad this is common for women to experience and will diminish after a few fasts!
I have found already that keeping busy when I'm not eating is key. I decided to get started in packing the apartment as we are moving in 2 weeks. I was a machine! I got a bunch of boxes packed plus got rid of some stuff that we wouldn't need in the new pad. It felt great to have this much motivation to do something as mundane as packing. I need to be able to have that all the time...something to work towards
I felt so focused that I even baked the hubby chocolate chip cookies without sneaking any dough!
Old 05-19-2010, 01:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by coastalveg View Post
I decided to do my second fast a little earlier in the week as I'm going away for the long weekend. The first fast produced a nagging headache for two days which I don't want to have when I'm visiting my family and friends. According to Brad this is common for women to experience and will diminish after a few fasts!
I have found already that keeping busy when I'm not eating is key. I decided to get started in packing the apartment as we are moving in 2 weeks. I was a machine! I got a bunch of boxes packed plus got rid of some stuff that we wouldn't need in the new pad. It felt great to have this much motivation to do something as mundane as packing. I need to be able to have that all the time...something to work towards
I felt so focused that I even baked the hubby chocolate chip cookies without sneaking any dough!
Wow that's great, I think I would have eaten a whole pan...
On my first fast day ever I had to make the kids dinner and it was so hard for me not to eat, but I didn't and got through the day.

I don't get headache on the Fast days, but I have gotten headaches on the morning after my fast days. They are not as bad as the ones you have, but I'm not one to get headache very often.

I have read that big time business people use fast days when they need to make sure they are very focused to get big time projects done. Many religious people also fast at times of prayer. So they can concentrate on their God and the task at hand.

Makes me wonder why I didn't know or look into it earlier in my life...

Keep up the hard work...

Matt G.
Old 05-21-2010, 11:37 AM

I could totally see business people doing the fasts..makes sense!
I got the headaches the day after but I didn't get them on my second fast. I'm doing my third one today so we shall see how it goes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gilbertTT View Post
Wow that's great, I think I would have eaten a whole pan...
On my first fast day ever I had to make the kids dinner and it was so hard for me not to eat, but I didn't and got through the day.

I don't get headache on the Fast days, but I have gotten headaches on the morning after my fast days. They are not as bad as the ones you have, but I'm not one to get headache very often.

I have read that big time business people use fast days when they need to make sure they are very focused to get big time projects done. Many religious people also fast at times of prayer. So they can concentrate on their God and the task at hand.

Makes me wonder why I didn't know or look into it earlier in my life...

Keep up the hard work...

Matt G.
Old 05-21-2010, 11:50 AM

Default Day 18 - Coming off the fast and park workout!

Woke up early to go to the park for my workout. I'm still fasting until noon so its good to keep busy!
I was quite a bit weaker today but I pushed through it. The sprinting intervals at the end were a bit slower than I would have liked but I finished them and felt great afterwards.

Bodyweight Cardio 2.0 Workout B

1) Jumping Jacks -50/side
2) Split Lunge Jump
*** walking lunges -10/side
3) Close-grip pushup - 30 reps
*** on knees
4) Bodyweight squats - 50 reps
5) pushup to plank - 10/side (LOVE these, they are hard but I can really feel the abs working)
6) Bulgarian Split squat - 15/side
7) Pushup side plank - 30 second hold per side
8) Running high knees - 50/side
Repeated for a total of 3 times

Intervals were my normal sprints outdoors
20 seconds sprints with 40 seconds rest - 6.5 times

After dinner went for a 45 minute walk by the lake...love the lake. It really helps me focus.
Old 05-21-2010, 11:55 AM

Great job Coastal! Sounds like things are going great for you! How are results coming along? I need to go back and re read your blog to see what your goals are.

Have a great weekend and good luck with the move!
Old 05-21-2010, 12:04 PM

Default Day off plus food journal

Today is a rest day! Feeling great from yesterday's park workout. For my fun activity I went for a run. I was racing against a huge rain cloud and in the end I didn't win. I got soaked but I loved it. I enjoy running in the rain once and awhile as it helps me push myself and I usually run faster to get home..lol! Also walked around town and then did some speed walking to make it to the insurance place before it closed. In the end we didn't have the right paperwork so couldn't insure the car. Oh well, got a great walk in even though it poured on us on the way back!
I have also decided to try another fast on Friday. I want to try a different time interval this time. I was doing noon to noon, but I am going to try 8Am to 8AM. I found when I started the fast I would try to force too much food in and then when I broke the fast I would eat too much the rest of the day. Starting in the AM will hopefully cut down on the urge to eat excessively because it will be like just starting out for the day.

Food Journal
2 apples
sprouted wheat toast - 2 pieces
2 tbl PB
Banana
1.5 tbl Sunflower seeds
1 tbl pumpkin seeds
5 walnut halves
10 raisins
orange
Salad - 1 cup lettuce, 1 cup cabbage, 2 carrots, 1/2 cup cucumber, 1/2 cup acorn squash, dijon mustard,miso, ginger. oregano, 2 tbl quinoa
Salad #2 - 1/2 cup broccoli, 1 cup romaine lettuce, 1/4 cup parsley, 1 cup cabbage, 1 carrot, 1/2 cup pickled beets, 2 tbl onions, 1 cup squash, 1/2 tbl miso, 1 tbl dijon
1 piece chocolate almond
6 pieces dried pears