TT Members Forum  
Home | Discussion Forums | TTmembers.com Tour | Search | Member Area

Go Back   TT Members Forum > Transformation Contests > 8th Transformation Contest
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-10-2010, 10:41 PM

Nice energy vibe from this journal. Keep it up!
Old 05-11-2010, 01:52 AM

Thanks Minexdy 1013!
Old 05-12-2010, 06:50 PM

Default Day 9 - 30 minute activity + food journal

Day 9 already, the contest is just flying by! I feel pretty good but I'm feeling a little hungry lately. I'm really trying to tighten my diet and get my calories down to around 1500. I have been able to do these pretty well and I'm so amazed at how quickly our eats add up. Before I paid attention to what I was eating I would always tell myself that I had room for this or for that. In reality this was when my diet was more for my comfort than my bodily needs (and my calories were way over what was needed for weight loss). I just finished reading Brad Pilon's Eat Stop Eat and I learned so much about how we used to eat and how the food industry has shaped how we eat now. I know too that when I'm bored and sitting around at home, I wander a lot into the kitchen. So, I'm trying to keep myself busy with new projects I'm passionate about or getting outside more often. So, for my 30 minute of activity I decided that I would use my rebounder and jump on it for 5 minutes then do 8 decline pushups. I repeated this for 20-25 minutes.

My Eats
apple
2 pieces sprouted bread
2 tbl PB
banana
1.5 tbl walnuts
2 tbl sunflower seeds
2 tbl raisins
Smoothie - 1/2 banana, 3 kale leaves, 1 scoop Vega, cinnamon
3/4 cup cucumber
1 cup cabbage
2 carrots
3 tbl miso
1 tbl sea salt
Dinner salad - 2 cups romaine, 1 carrot, 1/2 cup broccoli, 1/2 avocado, 1/2 cup sprouts, 1/2 cup parsley, 1/2 cup lentils, 1 cup pickled beets, 2 tbl homemade miso dressing
1/2 apple with cinnamon
TOTAL 1692
Old 05-12-2010, 07:10 PM

Default Day 10 - bodyweight cardio 2.0 at the beach!

I started my 4 week bodyweight workouts today! I wanted to go in the AM but it didn't happen so I went right after work. I walked for 10 minutes and then jogged for 10 minutes to the park by the lake.
I completed Bodyweight Cardio 2.0 Workout A in the sunshine and while being right next to the lake...glorious!

Bodyweight Cardio 2.0 Workout A
1) Tuck Jumps - 6 reps
2) 1-leg squats
***subbed bulgarian split squats for these - 10/side
3) pull-ups -
*** Didn't have access to the area I wanted to do these so I just did some push-ups against the bench
4) Shoulder Press Push-up - 10
5) 1-Leg deadlift - 6/side
*** I was not very balanced with these, need to work on that
6) Chin-up -
***Again, didn't have access to the area I wanted to do these so I did some push-ups against the bench
7)Squat Thrusts - 10
8) 1-Leg Hop-
*** Did 2-legged hop instead as the knees didn't feel too solid when I tried it on a single leg- 6
Repeated for a total of 2 times

Interval Training
Found a grassy area that was level but had a small hill at one end. I ran to the hill and back again(this was 1 interval). Did this for a total of 7 times. The timing was more like 20 seconds on, 40 seconds rest. Loved this!!

Then I jogged back for 10 minutes and then walked the remaining way home.

I really loved working out at the lake! It took a couple of minutes to get used to exercising in public..but then I forgot other people were there and got focused!
Old 05-17-2010, 10:27 AM

After looking at your workouts, i feel bad that I didn't workout while I was on a mini vacation this weekend...

Keep it up,

Matt G.
Old 05-17-2010, 01:48 PM

Thanks Matt but don't beat yourself up..sometimes its good to take a break!
I'm going on a mini-vacation this weekend so we shall see how it goes!
Old 05-17-2010, 10:47 PM

Default Day 11 - Off day at the playground!

Today was a rest day so I went for a long walk with the hubby to the park by the beach and we checked out the playground and did some pull-ups/chin-ups with the various bars they had. It was fun playing around and trying out exercises with equipment outside of the gym. On the way back we did some racing sprints on the soccer fields. It was fun but I totally lost to my soccer-pro husband..lol! I think its important to be a kid sometimes and just play around on the playground or a soccer field The walk was around 1.5 hours.

Food Journal

2 apples
orange
2 pieces sprouted bread,toasted
2 tbl PB
1 tbl pumpkin seeds
1.5 tbl sunflower seeds
~ 25 raisins
rooibos tea with cayenne powder (had this in the morning before I ate, this was recommended by Kardina)
1 cup cucumber
1/2 cup broccoli
1 tbl miso
Smoothie - banana, 2 kale leaves, 5 romaine leaves, 1 scoop Vega protein powder, cinnamon
Dinner Salad - 2 cups swiss chard, 2 cups romaine, 1/2 cup cabbage, 1/2 cup sprouts, 4 tbl cooked lentils,1/2 avocado, miso dressing(miso, ginger, water)
1 frozen banana-made soft serve!
TOTAL 1359
Old 05-17-2010, 10:57 PM

Default Day 12 - Bodyweight Cardio Workout!

Got up at 5AM today to run to the beach for my workout as I have to work both jobs today! I'm loving how light out it is at this time and how serene the park and lake are. Also walked to work and back in the afternoon ~40 minutes.

Bodyweight Cardio 2.0 Workout B

1) Jumping Jacks - 50 reps
2) Split Lunge Jump
***Subbed in walking lunges- 10/side
3) close-grip pushup - 30 reps
***on knees
4) Bodyweight squats - 50 reps
5) Pushup to plank - 10 reps/side
6) Bulgarian split squat - 15/side
7) Pushup side plank-15/side
***forgot to look how to do this exercise so I did T-pushups on knees instead
8) Running High Knees - 50/side

Completed running sprints for the interval training. I ran for ~20 seconds and rested for ~40 seconds. Repeated 6 times.

I loved this workout! One of my faves so far.
Old 05-17-2010, 11:08 PM

Default Day 13 - First ESE fast day!

I'm really excited (and a little nervous) as today I'm going to start my first 24 hour fast for ESE. I've decided to start at noon today. I thought this would be the optimal time period for me but I might play around with this in future fasts.

Today is a rest day so I did a little walking around town but nothing crazy. Definitely didn't get in my 30 minutes but that's okay I'll try better for the next off day

Food Journal (until noon)

Kardina's tea recommendation (chamomile tea (didn't have white), lemon, and cayenne)
apple
banana
2 pieces sprouted toast
2 tbl PB (ya, I know I'm like a broken record with my food!)
2 tbl pumpkin seeds
1tbl sunflower seeds
2 tbl raisins
Smoothie - 5 lettuce leaves, 1/2 banana, orange, 1 scoop Vega
TOTAL 830

I also drank a cup of organic coffee which is strange for me because I'm a big tea drinker. Yet, I craved one today so I went with it. The rest of the night I drank a lot of lemon water. I felt like I ate too much before noon. I panicked a bit so I should have left out the smoothie as I usually have that in the afternoon. Live and learn! I was amazed that how good I felt the rest of the night and how fluids really controlled my hunger.
Old 05-17-2010, 11:24 PM

Default Day 14 - 2 weeks down and coming off the fast!

I can't believe it's been 2 weeks since the start of the contest. Time flies! Like Craig says this contest is 0.3% of your life, so go for it!

So, slept in today until 7:30 or so..the sun was blazing into our room so I couldn't sleep past this. I love getting up early on weekends though (call me crazy!) as it leaves you with more time to get the not-so-fun stuff over with so you can play sooner!! Even though I love my workouts, its nice to finish them in the morning so I have time to relax and just go-with-the-flow of the day! As I was in the last couple of hours of my fast, I felt a little weak when I was walking to the park but once I started my warm-up and did the first circuit of my workout, I felt pretty good just not 100%. I finished but I had to take more rests during the circuit.

Bodyweight Cardio 2.0 Workout C

1) Running high knees - 40/side
2) Offset walking pushup -10/side
3) Split squat with front foot elevated - 20/side
4) X-body Mountain Climber - 10/side
5) Stiff Squat - 50 reps
6) Side Plank - 40 second hold
7) T-push-up - 15/side
8) Side-to-side jumps - 10/side

Really loved this workout too! I actually did the offset walking pushups the real way (not on my knees)..it felt so good! The split squats were hard as I had to work on my balance...great squat version though!

Intervals were sprints with the little hill run at the end! I did ~20 seconds of full on sprinting with 40 seconds rest. Repeated this 7 times. I'm really enjoying running these outside on the grass..love how they get the heart a pumpin' too

Broke the fast at noon with an apple and some sunflowers and raisins. I felt great at this point but when I got home I made a big salad with grains and I think it was too much too quickly. My stomach felt a bit uneasy and I got a nagging headache later in the day. According to Brad's research the headaches can happen for women coming off the fast, hopefully after a few fasts I'll be good to go!