TT Members Forum  
Home | Discussion Forums | TTmembers.com Tour | Search | Member Area

Go Back   TT Members Forum > Transformation Contests > 8th Transformation Contest
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-11-2010, 10:14 PM

Default TT Adrenaline B2

Yesterday was Day 8 for me, with a recovery workout. I warmed up for 7 1/2 minutes, and did 22 1/2 minutes of foam rolling, stretching, and other exercises from the Adrenaline recovery workout.

Yesterday's nutrition was good (met all goals), and today's was OK too, with two goals met (>6-8 servings of fruits and veggies each day, at least one serving of nuts). I went over on my calories today by about 100 (ate 1800), because I forgot about the grapefruit I had at lunch till after I had a snack in the evening. I have been eating over 10 servings of fruits and vegetables pretty consistently, so I feel very good about that. I don't go out of my way to eat meat, but if we have it, I'll eat it once a day or less. We're buying all grass fed beef and organic chicken now so it's easier to eat less when you think about the price.

This morning was Day 9, with my second workout B. After my warm-up exercises, I did two sets of each exercise. And by the way, I am already sore in my legs, shoulders, and glutes! Because I substituted a non-plyo exercise for the lunge jump, I was thinking the first superset was pretty easy. By the middle of the first set of the second superset I was completely rethinking that! Those stability ball jackknife push-ups are HARD!

My kettlestack handle arrived over the weekend and it's working out great so far. After some playing around with weights I have set up a 30lb kettlebell with it, and am using lighter dumbells for the one-arm exercises for the time being until I can increase the weights. It's pretty quickly adjustable, but I could see getting a second handle some day to set up two different sized kettlebells.

Walking lunge (w) 3, 6/side x 2 sets (substitute for lunge jump since my calf is still sore)
Inchworm (w) 3, 6 reps x 2 sets
DB 1-arm swing (w) 10lbs/3, 15lbs/10 reps per side x 2 sets

Bulgarian split squat 1 1/2 reps 10/side x 2 sets
stability ball jackknife pushup 15 reps x 2 sets
KB swing 30lbs/20 reps x 2 sets

SHELC 15 reps x 2 sets
Stability ball jackknife plank 60s x 2 sets
KB swing 8s/12s x 3 reps (repeated for 2 sets)

Stretched 7 1/2 minutes.

This week has been pretty crazy and unsettling for me at work. But I'm glad I'm managing to stick to my early morning workout schedule while recovering from this weird calf muscle pull. I'm hoping it will be better by Thursday. I have my second Adrenaline challenge workout and a lunchtime walk with a colleague planned for that day!
Old 05-13-2010, 09:43 PM

Default TT Adrenaline Workout C2

I warmed up for 15 minutes then did two challenge circuits. I used the bike for my sprints instead of shuttle sprints. My calf is feeling much better but I'm trying to ease back into it.

Bike sprint (8s)
Push-ups (max reps) 33, 31
Bike sprint (8s)-repeat distance
Pull-ups (max reps) 4, 3
Stability ball jackknife 20
Stability ball 1-leg curl 6 reps/side
X-body mountain climber 10 reps/side
BW Split squat 10 reps/side
Stability ball plank-30s
KB 2-hand swing 30 lbs/15 reps

Total times for circuits were 9 min, 9:15 min

Bonus round (1:15 min):
Push-ups 27
Pull-ups 3

Score = 33+31+27+4+3+3-19.5=81.5

That was a great workout! I improved my score from 58.5 last week, mostly because I did the second round this time.

I also did a hill interval workout with a co-worker at lunch: 10 minutes walking warm-up, 10 hill intervals (1 min/1 min), 10 min cool-down. We've got a standing catch-up meeting for Thursdays, so if we're going to talk, we may as well walk.

Next Monday marks 2 weeks since the start of the contest for me. I feel I've been pretty much on track so far, and my clothes are fitting better already. I've been able to wear some capris that were too tight for me a month or two ago, which is nice since it's been getting hot here! That definitely expands my clothing choices for the summer without spending any new money. I really need to go through my closet this weekend and box up some clothes that are now too large. A nice problem to have!
Old 05-13-2010, 10:20 PM

It looks as if you are getting off to a great start. Keep up the good work!
Old 05-14-2010, 02:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shandajoy View Post
It looks as if you are getting off to a great start. Keep up the good work!
DITTO!!!
Old 05-15-2010, 09:04 AM

Thank you, ladies! The contest has been good so far, and is really keeping me sane these past two weeks, which have been the most stressful I've had in a while at work. I applied for a new job/promotion within my division this week. It's always stressful when you put yourself out there as a leader for possible rejection. I do a similar job now but only for a small subset of the overall group. My small group has been supportive of me, so that helps a lot. Still, in a sense I would be leaving working with them every day like I do now, so that is sad. So far the possibility of actually getting it does seem somewhat promising...I'll share news-good or bad-when I hear some. Thank goodness for the early morning workouts!

You can't out-train a bad diet.

To get something you've never had, you have to do something you've never done.

I've been at this a while-all last year in fact!

Contest #7 thread: http://forum.ttmembers.com/showthread.php?t=8167
Contest #8 thread: http://forum.ttmembers.com/showthread.php?t=8904
Contest #9 thread: http://forum.ttmembers.com/showthread.php?t=9480
Old 05-16-2010, 10:06 AM

Default TT Adrenaline A3

I had a relaxing day yesterday with no workout. I did some light gardening and we went to the lake to swim for a while. I wore my bikini for the first time, and felt OK about that. I'm not quite where I'd like to be, but have made a lot of progress since last year, so I don't really care what other people think.

I actually found a black bikini similar in style to the black and blue dotted one I already bought so I can wear the pieces interchangeably, that was nice! I've got a ways to go to get my abs tanned. I will have to start using self-tanner because my arms are pretty tan from walking outside and wearing tank tops, while my midsection is totally white, it looks too funny!

This morning I got up and had a capuccino, then worked out. Today's workout totally kicked my butt! It was tough! I finally ordered some stronger bands to help me push through this pull-up plateau at 4 reps. I will work on getting up in the higher rep ranges so I can make some improvements. Overall, I really pushed myself today and it felt great to finish the workout.

I warmed up for 12 minutes on the bike and did 13 min of the Adrenaline warm-up exercises. (w) is indicated below for specific warm-up sets.

DB chest press (w) 20 lbsx2/8 reps; 45lbsx2/8 reps x 3 sets
chin-up (w) 2; 4, 3, 3 full chin-ups without band
KB swing (w) 15lbs x 10; 30 lb (3 sets of three 8s/12s intervals) (sub for shuttle sprint)

Pike push-up 15 reps, 12 reps, 10 reps
Renegade row 25lbsx2/8 reps, 30lbsx2/8 reps x 2
Repeated jumps 12 reps x 3 sets

Close grip push-ups (sub for dips) 15 reps, 15 reps x 2 sets on knees (having trouble getting full range of motion because of fatigue! )
DB rear delt raise (w) 12 lbsx2/12 reps, 20lbs/12 reps, 25lbs/12 reps x 2 sets
bike sprint, 2 sets of 8s/12s x 3 (sub for shuttle sprint)

Cool-down on bike 10 min
Stretched 5 minutes

Old 05-17-2010, 09:57 PM

This morning I did my recovery workout. My shoulders are sore from the pike push-ups, and my thighs sore from other exercises, so it felt good to stretch and use the foam roller! Tomorrow should be challenging with the stability ball jackknife push-ups. I am tired so I'm going to head to bed early tonight....

Old 05-20-2010, 10:58 PM

Default TT Adrenaline B3

Tuesday morning I did my third workout B. I was going to do three sets of all the tri-sets, but once I got through three sets for the first one, I was already exhausted! I will aim for all three sets the last time I do the workout.

After warm-up, I did the following workout:

Walking lunge (w) 3, 6/side x 3 sets (substitute for lunge jump)
Inchworm (w) 3, 6 reps x 3 sets
DB 1-arm swing (w) 10lbs/3, 15lbs/10 reps per side x 3 sets

Bulgarian split squat 1 1/2 reps 10/side x 2 sets
stability ball jackknife pushup 15 reps x 2 sets
KB swing 30lbs/20 reps x 2 sets

SHELC 15 reps x 2 sets
Stability ball jackknife plank 60s x 2 sets
KB swing 8s/12s x 3 reps (repeated for 2 sets)

Stretched 7 1/2 minutes.

Yesterday I did the recovery workout and stretch. I like the routine of getting up early and the stretching on the non-weight days is helping with the lower body soreness from exercises like the 1 1/2 rep split squat. I made a big mistake and wore low heels yesterday and had to walk 10 minutes in them across my work campus. My left calf is back to feeling bad today. Sneakers today...let that be a lesson to me! No more heels!!! This morning I woke up early but didn't feel up to challenge workout C, so I am saving that for tomorrow morning. I ended up doing an extra bike interval workout instead, with 10 min warmup, 10 intervals of 24s/36s, 5 min cooldown, and 5 min stretch.

We had a number of out of town people from my division here for a meeting this week, and several of them hadn't seen me since January and commented on my weight loss. I weighed myself first thing this morning with the Wii, which I've been using for official weight tracking, and I was at 151 lbs. That's nearly 20 lbs of fat lost since January and 4 lbs down since the start of the contest on May 3rd (realistically 2 lbs water weight and 2 lbs fat), so I'm very happy with that. I've also seen decreases in my arm and leg circumferences since this contest started, and better definition all over my body, so I just need to continue what I'm doing and I'll get to where I want to be!

The meeting was particularly inspirational to me because there were 4 people in particular (all technical sales or marketing types) who presented that I had advocated for hiring when they applied for positions into our division. They are all extremely intelligent and highly competent people, and have each become superstars in their own areas, while enjoying what they're doing and working very well within their teams. That made me so happy to see that!

I was talking to a colleague today and he mentioned that I seem calmer and not as easily stressed out since I've been working out. It really does save my sanity and help me feel like an athlete again! I was also thinking the other day about how all the motivational quotes and podcasts from CB have helped me to face the reality that although I am currently in a job that I love, I should not be afraid to tackle new challenges, and take next steps. I don't know if I would have stepped up to apply for this other job if I had not been hearing those messages over and over. So I'm very grateful for that!

Old 05-21-2010, 12:17 PM

Congrats on your success!! That's awesome.
Old 05-21-2010, 09:49 PM

Default TT Adrenaline C3

Thanks, Melissa! I feel good that I've come so far...still work to do, but I'm putting the toolkit together to get it done, and that's what counts.

Unfortunately, today I felt off pretty much all day. It started with my neck hurting when I first woke up, probably from sleeping on it wrong, and my calf aching. I don't really understand why, but I just wasn't feeling the challenge workout this morning. After my first set, I could feel that I was tired out, only being able to do 3 pull-ups, so I decided to use the new bands I had bought to do more assisted pull-ups instead of trying to increase my challenge score from last time. That was good at least, I was able to do 8 pull-ups with help from the bands, so I should be able to work my way up to more reps.

After 5 min on the bike and 15 min warmup exercises:

Bike sprint (8s)
Push-ups (max reps) 34, 20
Pull-ups (max reps) 3, 8 (with two bands)
Stability ball jackknife 20
Stability ball 1-leg curl 6 reps/side
X-body mountain climber 10 reps/side
BW Split squat 10 reps/side
Stability ball plank-30s
KB 2-hand swing 30 lbs/15 reps

Total times for circuits were 9:20 min, 10:40 min

Bonus round:
Push-ups 27
Pull-ups 8 (2 bands), 6 (2 bands)

I cooled down for 5 minutes and stretched 5 minutes afterward. I am feeling like I'm ready to move on to another program on Sunday, so now I have to decide which one to move on to! I've seen this in myself almost every workout program-three weeks is about the time when I want to change to something new.

I walked for 25 minutes at lunch today, since I forgot my lunch and decided to walk across campus to get some. It was a really beautiful day!

Tomorrow is a cheat day, I'm upping my calories to get the fat burning hormones back into gear after 5 days of 1700 cal per day. Usually this just means a single cheat meal, and I'm still trying to focus on fruits and veggies during that day for the most part.

Still no word about a job interview...It sounds like they will be moving forward with getting those started for candidates next week. In the mean time I have plenty to keep me busy with my current job!

One more thing I will take forward as a positive for today, despite the ups and downs for the day. I have a pair of size 7 jeans that my sister gave me a while ago that have been my goal jeans since the start of my fitness journey, and today I was able to put them on, zip them, and they almost look good enough to wear! I've been waiting for that for almost a year. That accomplishment, and finally having my wedding ring fitting me again, have been my favorite parts of getting my body back so far.

Last edited by Starbuck1517 : 05-21-2010 at 09:59 PM.