TT Members Forum  
Home | Discussion Forums | TTmembers.com Tour | Search | Member Area

Go Back   TT Members Forum > Transformation Contests > 8th Transformation Contest
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-09-2010, 11:06 AM

CLOTHES! Seriously, more fun than workout stats! LOL! LOVE the dress. Bought one same color and material at American Apparel a few weeks ago. I'm a girl again. I swear, it's been too long since I could wear a dress. That's what it's all about, right?

On saving clothing, that has not worked out so well. Mostly, I wear shorts or capri pants. All the waists are too high or something. They just aren't flattering so I've had to buy new anyway. Mostly, I get by with changing tops and the same few bottoms over and over...and over....
My TT#9 contest thread
Old 08-09-2010, 02:52 PM

Sooo jealous you're going to see Lady Gaga! I love her, even though she is mental! Telephone has gotten me through a few tough intervals on the treadmill As for clothes, I'm still saving vouchers I have for when I have lost a few lbs. Can't wait to wear clothes and be comfy, instead of tucking my belly into my jeans all the time...
Old 08-09-2010, 07:21 PM

Day off today!!!!! I felt like I really needed a break after the weekend. Thanks Concetta, the workouts have been feeling great lately, and I'm looking forward to the new program too...as well as the next contest. I heard it would be some time in September.

Thanks all for the kind words, I am very psyched for the dress and the concert! Brian was not so sure about the dress after he realized the top of the dress was a little more...ahem, revealing than he had originally thought. He wanted me to stitch it shut on top. I think he actually suggested adding a button. But then he said it was probably fine for the concert. hahahahaha!!!!!!!!! Probably will be the least outrageous thing worn there that night. I am a fairly recent Lady Gaga convert, she is an odd one but talented!

It is nice to be able to wear dresses again without thinking too hard about it. I wore a jean dress yesterday all day, and it was so comfy. I have a bunch of dresses I saved in the closet that I can wear again, and I am! It is funny how clothing styles do change though. I have some high-waist capris too and I wonder what I was thinking??? I have a couple of pairs that are comfy that I wear over and over too! Clothes with wider hip bands really work well for me. I have also resorted to rolling up cuffs on jeans that fit. Amazing how turning over a 4-inch cuff twice can make jeans into capris and make them bearable to wear in the NC summer, I hope that does not go out of style any time soon.

I have to report one funny thing that happened today. I went into a friend's office to sign some birthday cards for co-workers today. Another co-worker was in the office and looked back to see who was at the door. Then she turned around and said that she had to look because she did not recognize me because I was so skinny now. They both said that I looked so great, and they were laughing and said they were just jealous that I had made such a drastic change. I said thanks, that I had been working on it for quite a while, and I was not making any secrets of what I was doing to get results. Then my friend said to the second woman, "Yeah, quit your whining and GET IN THE GYM!!!!" (It was so funny-I have been working on getting my friend to go back to lifting weights, and trying to get her back working out with another colleague because they both need an exercise buddy)

Then it was so sweet, another guy I work with was telling me that he and his wife have been going to the pool together and exercising in water aerobics and swimming and she has gone down a couple of sizes over the summer. She just shopped for a bunch of new clothes, and they were her favorite store for 3 hours. I told him how much I bet it meant to his wife that he was so supportive. He said having an exercise buddy and accountability to someone, motivation when one didn't want to go to the gym from the other person, all reasons he loves that they work out together and they've been successful. I can't take credit for that one, he said turning 50 was the point he started to realize he had to move it or lose it! But I thought that was so cool.

You can't out-train a bad diet.

To get something you've never had, you have to do something you've never done.

I've been at this a while-all last year in fact!

Contest #7 thread: http://forum.ttmembers.com/showthread.php?t=8167
Contest #8 thread: http://forum.ttmembers.com/showthread.php?t=8904
Contest #9 thread: http://forum.ttmembers.com/showthread.php?t=9480
Old 08-09-2010, 08:32 PM

I love hearing all the success stories!
My TT#9 contest thread
Old 08-20-2010, 09:48 PM
Administrator

Thanks for both of your awesome transformations!!! Just read both entries...powerful stuff!
Old 08-21-2010, 09:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Ballantyne View Post
Thanks for both of your awesome transformations!!! Just read both entries...powerful stuff!
Thanks, Craig! It's been a lot of work but fun! Especially doing the contest together, Brian and I have been much more motivated than we would have been alone, I think. Thanks for your amazing workout programs, daily quotes and links, and Q&As. Those are very helpful in keeping me thinking about improvement and fitness every day.

You can't out-train a bad diet.

To get something you've never had, you have to do something you've never done.

I've been at this a while-all last year in fact!

Contest #7 thread: http://forum.ttmembers.com/showthread.php?t=8167
Contest #8 thread: http://forum.ttmembers.com/showthread.php?t=8904
Contest #9 thread: http://forum.ttmembers.com/showthread.php?t=9480