TT Members Forum  
Home | Discussion Forums | TTmembers.com Tour | Search | Member Area

Go Back   TT Members Forum > Transformation Contests > 8th Transformation Contest
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-29-2010, 09:31 AM

Default Continuing the Transformation!

I am in for TTC #8! Still posting in my TTC #7 journal till May 3rd.

Programs I am considering for this contest:
Adrenaline
Addiction
Big 6 Circuit
BFW weeks 9-12

My goals are:

1. Continue the healthy eating habits I established in TTC #7-reducing meat intake, maintaining 7-10 servings of fruits/veggies/nuts-incorporating regular cheat days to keep metabolism high.
2. Increase pull-up/chin-up and push-up counts, concentrating on good form. I can do 5-6 chin-ups now, and 35 push-ups in a row. Obviously fat loss will help here...
3. Reduce body fat % from 26% (current) to 20%, which should be possible if I can reduce body weight from 153 --> 140 lbs while retaining lean mass.
4. Lose 2 inches off my waist measurement (current 28 inches --> 26)

That's it for now! I'll post starting measurements etc. on May 3rd.
Old 04-30-2010, 03:39 PM

Great goals!! You can do it
Old 05-03-2010, 09:23 PM

Default Starting today!

Thanks! I am very excited to get started. Today is my official start date. We're going to take pictures as soon as my daughter goes to sleep! My husband is going to join me for this contest.

Meanwhile, I work out on Sundays so I started my first TT Adrenaline workout A1 on Sunday just prior to the contest start. On Saturday I climbed a 25 foot rock climbing wall at my company's picnic, but wasn't really sore afterward, that was surprising! I used a very minimal exercise band to help with pull-ups yesterday because I am trying to perfect my form. It's a goal of mine to be able to do sets of 8 full pull-ups and chin-ups by the end of the contest. I can do 35 push-ups, and would like to hit 45 by the end of the contest.

I'm not planning on working my legs with heavy weights during this contest. They're muscular enough already, so I'm planning to do a lot of bodyweight exercises.

For TT Adrenaline A1, I warmed up for 15 minutes. Also, I have indicated (w) for specific warm-up sets.

DB chest press (w) 20 lbsx2/8 reps, 35lbs/8 reps
chin-up (w) 2, 4 full chin-ups with band
5m shuttle sprint 8s/12s x 3

Pike push-up 8 (yeah...that 15 reps? Not happening quite yet!)
Renegade row (w) 15lbsx2/8 reps (harder and less comfortable than I expected!)
Repeated jumps 12 reps

Close grip push-ups (sub for dips) 15 reps
DB rear delt raise (w) 12 lbsx2/12 reps, 15lbs/12 reps

Stretched and foam roller for 15 minutes

This morning I got up very early and did my first TT Adrenaline recovery workout using the exercises for that day, including stretches, foam rolling, and a couple of light bodyweight exercises. I warmed up on the bike for 10 minutes, the recovery workout took about 40 minutes because I did some extra foam rolling, and I walked for a cool-down. All in all, a nice recovery workout. Tomorrow is workout B1.

I ordered a kettlestack handle, which you can use with weight plates to create kettlebells of various sizes. I didn't want to spend a lot to order specific weights, since I'm not sure exactly what size to buy and I like the idea of being able to customize the weight as I progress. I'll post more info once that arrives and I've had the chance to try it out.

Oh yes, and I bought a bikini to wear for my before pictures. Looking forward to using this contest to help make it look even better on me for the pool this summer!
Old 05-03-2010, 10:00 PM

Default Measurements

My measurements didn't change much in the past week and a half or so, but I've been less strict with nutrition for a short time so my weight is up a couple of pounds. I'm sure it is probably mostly water and I will drop back to 153 within the next week or so as I cut out the splurges. My goal for the contest is to weigh 140 by the end, which would be around 17% body fat if I maintain my lean mass.

Current measurements (change since end of TTC #7 in () ):
Weight 155 (-5)
Chest 36 (-1)
Hips 38 (-1)
Waist 27 1/2 (-1.5)
Waist at belly button 30 (-2)
Upper thigh 22 1/2 (-0.75)
Calves L 14 3/4 R 15 3/8
Upper arm 12.25 (+0.125)
Old 05-04-2010, 09:16 PM

Default TT Adrenaline Workout B1

I should have mentioned that my current body fat percentage (according to Navy circumference method) is 26%. Considering I started out at 35% back in September of 2008 when I started exercising regularly, I am feeling a lot better about where I am now! I don't really care too much about how accurate that percentage is relative to gold standard methods of body fat percentage, I'm just focusing on using a consistent method to track my progress.

After my warm-up exercises, I did my first Adrenaline workout B, just one set to start.

Lunge jump (w) 3, 6/side
Inchworm (w) 3, 6
DB 1-arm swing (w) 3, 10/side

Bulgarian split squat 1 1/2 reps 10/side
stability ball jackknife pushup 15
DB swing 15lbs/20 reps

SHELC 15
Stability ball jackknife plank 60s

Stretched 10 minutes

I have three nutrition goals for the contest:

1. Eat 6-8 servings of fruits and veggies a day
2. Eat nuts at least once a day
3. Eat 1700 cal per day, with a higher calorie day every 5 days

I'll work on reporting on these goals for each day rather than tracking all my meals here. I also keep a food journal in a notebook that I leave near my place at the table so I don't want to make this too time-consuming.

Yesterday, Monday May 3
Goals met: 1, 2 Not met: 3 (~2200 cal)
I took a friend out to lunch for her birthday, but didn't know where we were going so I couldn't really plan ahead. I got a half portion salad but ate a really yummy sweet potato roll, so that did some major damage to the day (~700 calories total).

Tuesday May 4
Goals met: 1, 2, 3 (~1700 cal)
Old 05-05-2010, 07:23 PM

Default Recovery day

Since today was a recovery day, I did 10 minutes on the elliptical, all my foam rolling, stretching, planks, etc., and 10 minutes on the bike to finish up. I am a bit sore in my upper back. I guess that must be from the swings!

Tomorrow is my first TT Adrenaline circuit challenge. I also have a 7:30 am conference call with someone in France. So it will be an early morning for me. Fortunately with Brian getting up early too, it's not so bad. He's following the TT for Meatheads workout right now. He thinks it's a lot different than what he had been doing before-much more intense and better. He said he can already feel the difference!

One more thing to report for today, nutrition goals:
Met all three with 8.5 servings fruit/veggies, 1.5 servings of nuts, and 1700 calories!

Every day now I seem to have at least one person who hasn't seen me in a while comment on my weight loss. It seems to me that the 20 lb mark is about when people start to notice. It's funny because most people ask me if I've taken up jogging. I always tell them about TT and interval training, and that research is showing that kind of strategy is much more effective than jogging or walking.
Old 05-06-2010, 09:25 PM

Default TT Adrenaline C1

Well, I did my first challenge circuit today! I only did one round and the bonus round. My goal was to do my push-ups with perfect form, and do the full pull-ups without a band for assistance, and I accomplished that.

Warmed up for 15 minutes then did the challenge circuit:
10m shuttle sprint
Push-ups (max reps) 30
10m shuttle sprint-repeat distance
Pull-ups (max reps) 4
Stability ball jackknife 20
Stability ball 1-leg curl 6 reps/side
X-body mountain climber 10 reps/side
BW Split squat 10 reps/side
Stability ball plank-30s
DB 2-hand swing 20 lbs/15 reps
Total time was 9:15 (I barely rested!)

Bonus round:
Push-ups 30
Pull-ups 4

So my Adrenaline challenge score was 34 - 9.5 + 34 = 58.5

I should be able to improve on that significantly when I do two circuits next week! It was a good workout.
Old 05-07-2010, 12:18 PM

Wow, great workouts, keep up the good work!!!
Stay strong,
Ion
It could've been me, it could've been me..."
Meat Loaf- A kiss is a terrible thing to waste
Old 05-07-2010, 09:45 PM

Thanks, Ion! The TT Adrenaline workouts have been great so far. I like the challenge workouts-I can see where those help with motivation.

I am excited because we just acquired some new dumbell pairs off Craigslist-45s and 55s. Also, I ordered the Kettlestack handle and am going to create a good sized kettlebell by adding plate weights to that. I am hoping this will work out well because it's adjustable.

I got up early for my recovery workout this morning. I did 10 minutes on the bike to start with, stretching, planks, and all my foam rolling exercises (about 35 min total). I finished up with 10 minutes on the bike. My left calf felt better than it had during the challenge circuit yesterday after I pulled something, but then at lunch I took a short walk and it started to hurt again while I was walking up a hill. It feels OK now, but I am going to watch it and make sure to stretch and recover.

Yesterday and today, nutrition goals mostly met. I probably went over my calorie target by about 100 yesterday. Unfortunately this is the week where I get the munchies the most. So I'll just have to deal with that by sticking to lots of veggies. I'll be planning a cheat meal for Sunday when we have dinner with the family for Mother's Day!
Old 05-09-2010, 09:03 PM

Default TT Adrenaline A2

I had a good workout for Mother's Day, first thing in the morning! It was cooler today and felt great outside. I wore a sundress that my sister gave me a few years back that had never fit me, but I kept it just in case. I'm so glad that I did! I've made a lot of progress over the past year and it feels good to wear something like that and not be hating my body. I might not be exactly where I want to be, but I feel good about where I am, and I'm enjoying the process.

We had a big dinner as we always do when we get the whole family together, but we managed to keep it pretty healthy for the most part. The only processed food was the rolls (that I don't eat because they're 180 cal each!), everything else was pretty much whole, natural, real foods, fruits and veggies and organic chicken etc. Except for the Kid Cuisines my sister in law brought for her kids. I cringe when I see those come in the door. It's a dangerous trap to feed kids that kind of food and then expect them to learn what's good for their bodies and what isn't. When I see what she brings over to feed the kids as an alternative to "real" food, it makes me realize how much of that junk we've cleaned out of the house over the past 6 months and I'm grateful.

For this morning's workout, I warmed up for about 15 minutes with elliptical and general warm-up exercises. (w) is indicated for specific warm-up sets.

DB chest press (w) 20 lbsx2/8 reps, 40 lbsx2/8 reps, 45lbsx2/8 reps
chin-up (w) 3; 4, 3 full chin-ups without band
KB swing (w) 10lbs x 10, 32.5 lb (2 sets of three 8s/12s intervals) (sub for shuttle sprint since my left calf was bothering me)

Pike push-up 12 reps x 2 sets
Renegade row 20lbsx2/8 reps, 25lbsx2/8 reps
Repeated jumps 12 reps x 2 sets

Close grip push-ups (sub for dips) 15 reps x 2 sets
DB rear delt raise (w) 12 lbsx2/12 reps, 20lbs/12 reps, 20lbs/12 reps
bike sprint, 2 sets of 8s/12s x 3 (sub for shuttle sprint since my left calf was bothering me)

Cool-down on bike 5 min
Stretched 10 minutes

Brian was bummed out because he hurt his shoulder the other day, but he managed to get through this morning's workout without having to skip any of the exercises, except push-ups, so he was glad that he did it. He commented that he could tell a difference with his moods when he's not working out for a couple of days. I can really see that too in me now, it definitely helps me feel motivated to stay on schedule.

Happy Mother's Day, all!