TT Members Forum  
Home | Discussion Forums | TTmembers.com Tour | Search | Member Area

Go Back   TT Members Forum > Transformation Contests > 6th Transformation Contest
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-10-2009, 11:26 PM

Default Jason's continuing life transformation...

Iím currently on a camping holiday, typing this up and hopefully uploading photos via wireless internet. Isnít modern technology convenient!?

I began my second transformation contest on Monday the 21st of September, 2009. In my first competition, I started before my birthday on the 19th of September and quickly learnt that was a mistake, so this time I waited until the more realistic time of after my birthday to begin TC6.

I feel a bit guilty doing another competition since I did so well in TC3, having come second. I donít want to get in the way of someone else having the opportunity to be in the top 3, but with the offer of 6 months extra membership for free, I just couldnít resist!

It turns out that this competition was very good for me. Since December last year, I have kept up the TT pretty consistently, but I did slacken off for 2 or 3 months in the middle of the year, and this cost me dearly. Iím the sort of person who can put weight on very quickly if I donít watch my diet, and for a couple of months I was slack with my training and my diet. I have learned that for me to live a healthy lifestyle, I have to have the competition mentality at all times. I absolutely must watch my diet and not kid myself by saying ďIím in a bulking up phase.Ē Iím not and I donít ever want to be a bodybuilder, constantly yo-yoing between extreme fat percentages.

This time around, I was more relaxed than in TC3. Iíd done this before so I knew what to expect. This time I was doing it for continued life-long health and for 6 months more membership on this invaluable forum, rather than really going for the cash prize Ė although, that still would be nice!

I had been training regularly so my strength levels were much higher this time than when I began TC3. Last time I began with intermediate, then progressed to the original TT workout and ended with Bodyweight cardio version 1.0. This time I began with TT for reformed meatheads and followed that up with TT reconstruction and then ended with Bodyweight cardio version 2.0. Iíve decided to continue with bodyweight cardio 2.0 for another 2 weeks whilst Iím camping, since it requires no equipment and gives me a great workout.
I really enjoyed the reformed meatheads programme. It had a nice mix of heavy lifting, including deadlifts, bench presses and squats. I have to admit that I made a mistake moving onto the reconstruction programme. I guess I just liked the idea of only 2 supersets instead of 3 for the time saving aspect. This time around, time was of the essence due to my heavy work schedule and all the complications of buying my first house during September and October. But I didnít use this as an excuse, I just got my workouts and intervals in where I could and didnít beat myself up if life messed up my workout schedule a bit, after all, I donít live to workout Ė I workout to live a better life.

As I was saying, the reconstruction programme was more for people looking to just sort of realign and reconcile themselves after intense training. I was trying to build muscle and burn fat in the quickest amount of time possible, so I only did this programme for 3 weeks and then moved onto Bodyweight cardio 2.0. I loved bodyweight cardio 1.0 so much that I just couldnít pass up on this. I really like how the bodyweight exercise circuits combined with short burst intense interval training, just seems to Ďstreamlineí my physique and just kind of leans me out instead of bulking me up.

My times improved massively throughout the weeks of bodyweight and now Iím hitting new best times whilst Iím camping, with curious kids watching me train and others asking to join in. I think an audience helps to minimise the number of pained expressions and groans of anguish I emit. I havenít had to worry about doing all my workouts at home in my garage gym. In workout A I have gone from a time of over 4 minutes to complete the circuit once, to a PB of 3minutes flat and then I complete the circuit 5 times with my worst time being 3 minutes and 22 seconds on the last round. In workout B I have gone from a time of over 9 minutes to a PB of 6 minutes and 29 seconds! I was stoked with that one. For workout C I have gone from a time of over 10 minutes to a PB of 7 minutes and 36 seconds - another confidence boosting improvement. I also liked challenge workouts to keep me competitive. I completed the bodyweight in 5 minutes and 36 seconds back in November.

I kept my diet simple with lots of oats or egg white omelettes for breakfast. I often had tuna, chicken or ham and salad sandwiches for lunch with a hard-boiled egg on occasion. Dinner was usually tuna or chicken breast with vegies or salad. I ended all my meals with a variety of fruit. There are so many nice fruits to choose from. Itís like dessert for me. I have learned that I can train myself to enjoy food that Iíve hated for my whole life. I actually eat raw capsicum (peppers) by choice now. I detested them before. I like asparagus, broccoli and squash. I truly believe that when you remove added sugar from your diet, your taste buds lose their addiction to sweet foods, thus alleviating cravings for processed and unhealthy food. I donít crave junk food when Iím eating healthy most of the time. I just look forward to 2 or 3 reward meals each week and consume them with no guilt whatsoever. Of course, itís not so easy to eat well whilst camping amongst high fat barbecue breakfasts and pancakes, but I make sure I workout everyday no matter what.

I began the competition at a weight of 78.6kg on Monday the 21st of September, 2009. I really only wanted to lose around 6 or 7 kg. On Thursday the 3rd of December, 2009, 10 weeks and 3 days later, I weighed in at 70.5 kg. This was a loss of 8.1 kg. I surpassed my goal by 2kg and was very pleased with this, especially since I wasnít going at it Ďhardcoreí and cutting out fruit of carbohydrates from my diet in the last couple of weeks like some bodybuilders do. It took some willpower to ignore the scales. They werenít very kind to me for most of the competition. I lost a couple of kilos quickly as I depleted the usual excess water and glycogen storage. Then it took over a month to lose another kilo! I was quite annoyed by the numbers but I just kept focusing on the mirror. I could SEE the changes coming. Fat was reducing in various parts of my body and my clothes were getting too big. I pushed through the numbers plateau and eventually the numbers caught up with the mirror! I just wish I had measured myself this time because Iím sure I lost quite a few inches.

This time I am determined to not get slack with my training or my diet again. It has saddened me to see all the past successes from previous competitions get out of shape (myself included) and have to kick themselves in the butt to get back to where they know they are most happy. Letís not slip back into our old, lazy, unproductive habits ever again! Turbulence trainers unite!
Old 12-11-2009, 12:29 AM

Excellent results Jason!!!!!!!!!
Loved your essay also......

Cheers
Ma
Old 12-11-2009, 12:31 AM

awesome results Jason!!
Old 12-11-2009, 03:15 PM

Hey Jason,
You look great! Wonderful finish! And I love the photo you took of yourself in the mirror - showing off your "Big Guns!"

Jori
Old 12-11-2009, 05:23 PM

Wink

Great Job, Jason, just as you did in the last TC you participated in!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 12-11-2009, 07:52 PM

Thanks Ma. I used some of the rainy time to do something useful.

Cheers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ma View Post
Excellent results Jason!!!!!!!!!
Loved your essay also......

Cheers
Ma
Old 12-11-2009, 07:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by run26neys View Post
Hey Jason,
You look great! Wonderful finish! And I love the photo you took of yourself in the mirror - showing off your "Big Guns!"

Jori
Ha Ha! Yeh, that was my favourite photo. For some reason I just couldn't get the angle and the light and the alignment of venus's third moon correct when anyone else took the photo. It's more flattering than reality!

Cheers.
Old 12-11-2009, 07:56 PM

Hi fellow TTers. Thanks for your support!
I won't have internet access until the 19th of December now, so I just thought I'd wish good luck to everyone and thank you for any and all kind comments. I won't even know who to vote for and it will be all over by the time I get home.

Cheers guys,
Jason.
Old 12-18-2009, 11:43 PM

Can anyone tell me how to find out who made it as finalists? It would be nice to know!
Thanks,
Jason.
Old 12-19-2009, 12:05 AM

In the advanced category, it was Robyn, you, and Lora. Congrats!