TT Members Forum  
Home | Discussion Forums | TTmembers.com Tour | Search | Member Area

Go Back   TT Members Forum > Transformation Contests > 6th Transformation Contest
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-13-2009, 10:23 PM

Default Larmer's TC # 6 Journal

Day 1 of 84
Sunday 13 September 2009

Today was my first day of the contest. I attended fight practice at a friend's place. There were six of us in armour and I was pleased with my performance. I good whole body work-out especially on the cardio.

Afterwards I stripped down to my fighting shorts (which have a little bit of padding), took a quick dip in the pool and got my before pictures taken by a friend of mine. She is into non-competitive bodybuilding and was a great booster during TC # 5.

Objectives:
Gain 15 lbs of muscle
Obtain 14 % bodyfat per the Tanita scale
Perform 12 chin-ups
Perform 9 pull-ups
Bench press BB 170 lbs
Squat 245 lbs

Current Stats
Height 180 cm (5'11")
Mass: 77.4 kg (170.6 lbs)
% B.F. 16.8 based upon Tanita Electronic scale on standard
In cm
Neck 37.5
Chest 100
Waist 90.5
Hips 92.5
R Upper Arm unflexed 32.5, flexed 35.5
R Forearm unflexed 28.5, flexed 28.0
R Thigh unflexed 53.5, flexed 52.5
R. Calf unflexed 38.5, flexed 39.0

Why first four weeks will involve an advanced bodyweight program for the first four weeks. This will include 3 weeks of vacation in France. Upon my return I will pick up two 4 week meat head programs to built muscle in the gym. Off days will consist of training in my martial art either practicing moves at home or at a practice against others.

Diet will improve by eliminating processed sugars (no doughnuts) and avoiding as much as possible eating food that came from a bag or a box. i will also eliminate eating in the car. It will not be practical to post my nutrition on-line from France but I plan to do so upon my return. While in France I plan to enjoy their fine foods but I will stick to whole foods and limit portion sizes. Since we are staying with family that should be easier than eating in restaurants.

Some before pictures are below.
Old 09-14-2009, 10:25 PM

Day 2 of 84
Monday 14 September 2009

TT Bodyweight Manual Phase 5

I am following a bodyweight (BW) program for the next 4 weeks so that I can work-out while on vacation in France. Following the advice of Craig Ballantyne to do one of the advanced upper body strength program to do straight to Phase 6. Today I hit the gym to learn the program.

Work A
The first four routines are supersets and I did three sets. The final six exercises (E) are a circuit (no rest between exercises) and I did three sets.

A1) Overhead Band Squat 15 x 3
A2) Feet on ball push-up 12 x 3

B1) Chin-up (max-1) 5/5/4
B2) Hand on Bench, Feet on Ball Pushup (Max-1) 15/11/11 (great core work-out)

C1) Dips (objective 15) 4/6/4 (dips are a struggle for me)
C2) 1-leg deadlift 24 x 3

D1) Inverted Row feet on ball (objective 15) 7/10/8 (having the feet on the stability ball makes this hard exercise even more of a struggle)
D2) Spiderman Push-up 16 x 3

E1) T-squat 15 x 3
E2) Side plank leg lift (12) 16/24/12
E3) Split squat with front foot elevated 24 x 3
E4) Spiderman climb 24 x 3
E5) Bicycle Crunch (objective 60) 36/50/26
E6) Plank on ball (30 sec) x 3

Post work-out stretch and a chocolate milk. I will have to come up with a better post work-out snack that does not have the processed sugar. Tomorrow I will go my interval cardio.
Old 09-14-2009, 11:17 PM

Good on you for doing this contest with a 3 week vacation in the middle of it! I'm impressed. Lots of people would use that as a reason they can't do the contest.
Old 09-15-2009, 06:00 AM

Welcome Andrew. Look forward to seeing your final results and you achieving all your goals in 12-weeks' time.