TT Members Forum  
Home | Discussion Forums | TTmembers.com Tour | Search | Member Area

Go Back   TT Members Forum > Transformation Contests > 6th Transformation Contest
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-12-2009, 10:47 AM

Thank you Waleed, Chris, Abby, Tabitha, Jori, Rob, Crystal, Ma et Pat (merci) for your nice words of welcome and encouragement. It's so nice to hear from all my TT friends again, and to know that you are all still there, going strong!!
I will be starting on monday but I am not quite sure which workout to do, since I haven't gone to the gym since early june..... any advice??
I need to start slow, and want to work with dumbells. I will probably go with the workouts in the original TT book.
Hope you all have a nice weekend.
We are doing a special party for my dd that just turned 10!! We are doing a "high tea" with 7 other girls. Very brit/aussie, but that's the fun of being an expat. We will be serving fruit punch, fancy sandwiches (cut up with cookie cutters), canapes, and little deserts with a nice platter of cupcakes.
They will be decorating a small glass candle holder with beads, to take home.
Should be fun!

On day at a time ....
Old 09-12-2009, 11:37 PM

How sweet Nathalie, a High Tea, that will be one she won't
forget for a while.
The kids grow too fast don't they!!

If you haven't decided, how about starting with TK4, Workout has all DB's
weeks 1&2.
I'm sure once you look through them you will decide on one, they're all good..

I will keep cheering you on Nathalie..

Ma
Old 09-13-2009, 10:00 AM

Hi ma
The High Tea was a huge success, all the girls loved it. Everything was cut in hearts (sandwiches, fairy bread, this puff pastry desert...) and my friend made beautiful cup cakes. They got to decorate a candle holder with beads..... very cute. My ds couldn't wait to go to his friends, he didn't want any part of it, he's 7 !! lol)
I start tomorrow!!! Not looking forwards to the measurements

On day at a time ....
Old 09-13-2009, 10:15 AM

Hi Nathalie!

The high tea party sounded so cute! I just may have to borrow that idea for one of my girls. My 8 yr old would love that on her next bday.

I would suggest starting with the beginner, intermediate or original TT workouts since you have not worked out in 3 mnths. I did the original TT WO recently because I had actually never done it. It was good...very back to basics.

Best of luck to you!

“The runner that starts the race will not be the same runner that finishes the race.” Source unknown
Old 09-14-2009, 04:33 PM

Hey Nathalie!!! I see that you finally started!!!

Just start off slowly and get back into your "exercise" habit.

We have alot of catching up to do
Old 09-15-2009, 08:54 AM

Yesterday was my 1st day, I had entered everything, and decided just before posting, to make copy/paste into a word document..... what a good decision that turned out to be... We had just lost the internet, and I lost everything.... We had a typhon 8 yesterday, so that could explain it, anyhow here goes: my original 1st day post:

Well today was my 1st offical day, yeah!!

I will 1st put up my stats, which are not as good as I would have liked them to be. I will take my pics later on tonight.

STARTING STATISTIQUES

Weight: 158.8 (ouch...)
BMI: 27.2
% Body Fat: 29.9%
Measurements:
- Breasts: 36"
- Just below breasts: 31"
- Smallest part of waist: 33"
- Belly button: 35.5"
- Widest part of hips: 41"
- Widest part of both thighs: 43"
- 1 thigh (at biggest part): 25.5"
- AK (above knee): 17.5"
- BK (below knee): 13.5"
- Calf: 14"
- Biceps: 12"

Not very happy nor impressed with myself. I will be dealing with TC6 with a different mentality: it's a way of life, and not just a 12-week episode.... (I totally agree with you Crystal on that one). I'm so tired of always having to start over again and again.....

I decided to do the beginner's workout in the original TT book, since I haven't done any workouts in 3 months (same line of thought as Tabitha ).

WORKOUT: 14/09/09
TT Beginner Level WO
Warm-up:

- Prisoner Squats x 10
- Kneeling Pushup x 8
- SB Leg Curl x 8
Done 2 times

Went straight into Superset 1 (I know I didn't have the strenght to do the warm up set and superset.....)
Superset 1:
- DB Squats x 10 (no wts)
- Kneeling pushups x 10
Only did 1 set, my legs were already shaking, and I knew that one more set were going to do them in.

Superset 2:
- DB Row X 10 per side: 10 lbs DB
- SB Leg Curl x 12
Did 2 sets

Superset 3:
- Ab Curl Up x 10
- Side Plank 15 sec each side
Did 2 sets

Beginner Interval Training Workout A:
Treadmill
- Warm-up 5 mns
- Hard pace x 1 mn (speed 6.2)
- Active rest x 2mns (speed 5.5)
- Repeat for a total of 4 sets
- Cool down x 5 mns

Yeah!!!! I did it, my 1st workout back. I am going to be in SSSOOOOO much pain tomorrow, I can already feel it tonight. But I totally LOVE it!!!!.
We are in a typhoon 8 at the moment (equivalent of a strong hurricane). Everything is closed at the moment, and school will probably be off tomorrow, we'll have to wait and see.

I am presently using my husband's computer, unfortunately he is leaving for montreal on friday, for 4-5 weeks, and I still don't have a computer. I have an iPhone, but doing posting on that is long and slow, so I will be posting my workouts, but may not have the time or patience to check on all your threads, I will do my best. I may buy a computer soon though....

Hope you all had a fantastic weekend, we sure did. We had a lovely bd party for my dd, and all her friends had a really goot time at the "high tea".... how sofisticated !!

On day at a time ....
Old 09-15-2009, 09:42 AM

Today was day 2:
Typhon 8, so kids have no school.
I treated at home until 1:00pm, and then we were kind of stuck indoors due to really bad weather, so we played SpongeBob monopoly and did puzzles, and finished with watching Kung Fu Panda (that's a motivational movie: if you believe hard enough, it will happen
I didn't get to do my 30ms of easy cardio, but my legs and abs were so sore, that everything I did was a huge effort. I have no idea how I will be able to do my squats tomorrow..... lol

The main goal that I want to acheive this contest is taking total charge of my nutrition, which is my biggest battle...... and has been all my life.
My intensions are always very good, but then I'm put in front of the temptation and cannot resist. I really need to find the "WHY" to this behavior. I was going to say it's maybe being in Macau and away from all my family and friends, and the place that I call "home", but that would be a partial reason, since I've always had problems with controling my nutrition. I'm obviously trying to fill a void with food.... but I don't know what's the cause of this void.
The first 2 transformations I was consistent in the workouts, but my nutrition was what stopped my transformation from being as complete as I wanted them to be. But when I do get into a groove and take good control of my nutrition, then I'm better at staying in control. It must be due to the fact that my insulin is more stable, thus less sugar ups and downs, and less cravings. So I really need to find my nutrition "groove".....

I will do the Master Cleanse in the next few weeks, maybe that will help me get into my nutrition groove.

Time to go read some of your threads now

On day at a time ....
Old 09-15-2009, 11:03 AM

Good choice of workout Nathalie.

On the nutrition front, just keep trying to find those trigger points and maybe
the control will be better..

My trigger point is bread, I love it, but absolutely have to stay away or I will eat whole loaf. French Bread is my downfall..

You will do great Nathalie..

Sorry Typhoon has you boxed in..

Ma
Old 09-15-2009, 01:33 PM

I hear ya, Ma on the French Bread! I was just talking with another girl last night about how great it is an dhow it goes with everything....but I won't get into that here :-)

Nathalie, just a note of caution on the Master Cleanse....I discussed this with my NaturoPath and it sounds like you really need to watch your activity level when you do this. I discussed how it would affect my weight lifting and he cautioned against any weight lifting while doing it because of a lack of nutrients and strength. Please just make sure when you consider doing the Cleanse that it will be fully aligned with your goals for the contest and will enable you to achieve them. Maybe take a different approach to food during the contest and save the Cleanse for after?

I want to see you healthy and STRONG!

Jori
Old 09-15-2009, 06:07 PM

Great point Jori, I was going to say something but decided against..
I think maybe a fast would be better Nathalie..

I personally don't like Cleanses, but different strokes..