TT Members Forum  
Home | Discussion Forums | TTmembers.com Tour | Search | Member Area

Go Back   TT Members Forum > Transformation Contests > 6th Transformation Contest
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-09-2009, 08:21 PM

Ma, thank you so much for all this... I really appreciate it. I guess I'm kind of scared to put the weigh back on after all the hard work I've done to loose it, and I'm doing this all wrong... plus, I really don't like the feeling of being stuffed anymore...

I see what you mean as regards fat ratio and I think with these last substitutions you just made, it will be easier to follow... I'm really going to give this diet a real good try!

Thanks again so much.

Pat.

Ps. Oh, and yes I always bring my lunches with me...

Pps. Since you never mentionned any numbers as regards calories, I take it that it's more a matter of eating good food than any "magical" number of cal.?
Old 09-10-2009, 11:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bachNroll View Post
Ma, thank you so much for all this... I really appreciate it. I guess I'm kind of scared to put the weigh back on after all the hard work I've done to loose it, and I'm doing this all wrong... plus, I really don't like the feeling of being stuffed anymore...

I see what you mean as regards fat ratio and I think with these last substitutions you just made, it will be easier to follow... I'm really going to give this diet a real good try!

Thanks again so much.

Pat.

Ps. Oh, and yes I always bring my lunches with me...

Pps. Since you never mentionned any numbers as regards calories, I take it that it's more a matter of eating good food than any "magical" number of cal.?

I'm like you, Pat.........hate to put on the weight that I have taken off, considering I got a little fat around the waist to lose yet............guess it will be a trial and error method. I had 2350 cals yesterday, so I am still under my maint.............trial and error I guess........
Old 09-10-2009, 11:29 AM

If you are wanting to add some muscle and not put on fat, you will need to track your calories very carefully. Make adjustments (plus or minus 200 calories a day) every couple of weeks depending on if you are adding too much fat or not. This will take some time (maybe even the entire 12 weeks of the contest) for you to figure out exactly how many calories your body needs to get your desired results.

I do not track my calories at all, and have been trying to build mass the last few months. I make sure that I eat more than enough calories, and have not worried about the fat that I have added (and it is a lot). I will start TC#6 on Sunday and for all 12 weeks I will focus on fat loss.

Larmer (his screen name) added some muscle in TC#5 without adding fat, so you may want to look at his TC#5 thread.

Mike
Old 09-10-2009, 12:06 PM

I keep telling my hubby that Craig added muscle without adding fat. It can be done! Now Craig is in a mass building phase again (last I read a couple weeks ago.) We'll have to keep an eye on him!

“The runner that starts the race will not be the same runner that finishes the race.” Source unknown
Old 09-10-2009, 04:05 PM

Yeah, I just read that CB is 5' 8" and 185 lbs.
Jori
Old 09-12-2009, 06:33 PM

wow! I didn't know Craig was my height... considering I still have some fat to loose, he has over 35lbs of muscle more than I do!

Thank you all for your tips and comments (Ma, Jori, Mike, Tabitha, Rob and all the others..)! I really appreciate.

First week of TC 6 completed. The first 2-3 days were very difficult nutrition-wise. I never thought it would be so difficult to start back eating for maintenance or jut a bit over... but with Ma's help I'm adjusting to this new diet... slowly but surely!

Build muscle @ home is definitly a good choice. It really is a kick ass workout! Will post workout log tomorrow when I have 5 min.

Have a good week-end everybody!
Old 09-13-2009, 09:56 AM

Salut Pat
Looks like you have a nice plan of action, and lots of great advice. Isn't the support here amazing??
I will be tracking you during your transformation.
I'm starting tomorrow and dreading the first few days of cleaner nutrition, and since I haven't worked out since June, I will also have a few days of agonizing pain and discomfort with every move I do.....lol
Bonne fin de semaine a toi aussi (la mienne est deja termine, c'est dimanche au soir ici!)

On day at a time ....
Old 09-13-2009, 10:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bachNroll View Post
wow! I didn't know Craig was my height... considering I still have some fat to loose, he has over 35lbs of muscle more than I do!

Thank you all for your tips and comments (Ma, Jori, Mike, Tabitha, Rob and all the others..)! I really appreciate.

First week of TC 6 completed. The first 2-3 days were very difficult nutrition-wise. I never thought it would be so difficult to start back eating for maintenance or jut a bit over... but with Ma's help I'm adjusting to this new diet... slowly but surely!

Build muscle @ home is definitly a good choice. It really is a kick ass workout! Will post workout log tomorrow when I have 5 min.

Have a good week-end everybody!
Hi Pat,
Saw your comment to Ces and replied as well. Even though I have previously done all the excercises in Workout B, I guess I didnt do that many the same day.......my hammies and butt were noticeably sore the next day.........not overly, but I knew they had been worked the day before!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 09-13-2009, 12:58 PM

Salut Nathalie,
Yep, support here really is amazing! Good luck for tomorrow!

Hi Rob,
I'm right there with you... butt and legs were so sored the next day and the day after... but it's better now... looking forward to doing Workout A tomorrow.

Workout A (lbs per single DB)

Warm-up (x 2)
prisoner squat x 12
pushup x 10
DB rear delt. raise x 10 (15lbs)

Superset 1
DB chest press: 2 warm-up set (2x6 @40lbs) + 4x6 (65lbs)
pullups: 1 warm-up set (3) + 1x10, 2x8, 1x5 (+3 lowering phase only)

Superset 2
DB incline press: 3x8 (55lbs), 1x8 (40lbs)
DB chest supported Row: 3x8 (80lbs), 1x6 (65lbs)

Superset 3
DB chest fly: 3x12 (30lbs)
DB lateral raise: 3x10 (15lbs)

Workout B

Warm-up (x2)
sumo prisoner squat x12
touchdown forward lunges x6/side
waiter's bow x8

Superset 1
DB split squat: 1 warm-up set (1x8/side @30lbs) + 4x8/side (65lbs)
plank w/arms on ball: 4x45sec.

Superset 2
DB RDL: 3x6 (80lbs)
Bulgarian split squat: 2x8/side (40lbs)

Superset 3
DB reverse lunge: 1x8/side (40lbs), 2x8/side (30lbs)
Ab crunch on ball: 3x15

Superset 4
DB single-leg calf raise: 3x8/side (40lbs) (could probably use more weight but at that point my grip is very weak...)

Workout C

Warm-up : same as Workout A

Superset 1
DB seated shoulder press: 2 warm-up set (2x8 @25lbs) + 3x8 (40lbs)
DB deep step-up: 1 warm-up set (bodyweight only) + 3x8 (40lbs)

Superset 2
Biceps chinups: 1x12, 2x10
DB close-grip floor press: 3x8 (65lbs)

Superset 3
DB 1-arm curl: 3x8 (25lbs) + 1x6 (20lbs, with help from free-arm on last 2 reps)
DB overhead 1-arm ext.: 3x6 (20lbs) + 1x6(15lbs)

Superset 4
DB hammer curls: 3x10(15lbs, can not use heavier DBs for this one after all the previous chinups and bicep curls!)
DB lying triceps ext.: 3x8 (20lbs)
Old 09-13-2009, 05:57 PM

Talking

Ya, I burnt myself out today, trying to make up for 3 days I will be MIA next week. so I have a done.........tomorrow will be B..............OUCH!