TT Members Forum  
Home | Discussion Forums | TTmembers.com Tour | Search | Member Area

Go Back   TT Members Forum > Transformation Contests > 6th Transformation Contest
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-08-2009, 12:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bachNroll View Post
Hi everybody,

Started new workout yesterday. On Ma's suggestion, I'm starting TC6 with Build muscle @ home, and I'm gonna eat lots of good cals!

Kind of scary to eat so much cals daily though (around 2800)... I haven't eat so much daily since last january! But I'll keep this "new" diet as clean as possible and see what comes out of it... and then I'll loose any fat I may gain afterwards.

I'll keep you posted.

My hubby went through a mass phase eating between 2800 & 3000 cals. You gotta workout really hard & lift HEAVY!

“The runner that starts the race will not be the same runner that finishes the race.” Source unknown
Old 09-08-2009, 01:21 PM

Thanks for the tip, Tabitha!

I'll see how it goes this week... I'll probably have to buy new dumbells for next week though...

Did your husband get good results? And did he gain a lot of fat by eating this much? I'm curious...
Old 09-08-2009, 03:33 PM

Quote:

I'll see how it goes this week... I'll probably have to buy new dumbells for next week though...

Did your husband get good results? And did he gain a lot of fat by eating this much? I'm curious...

Thats the same program I just started, but I think I am going to do intervals sometime during the week and/or BW circut.....just started it last Sat, due to Mon being a holiday........Day 2 workout (noted as Day "3" on the program), is tomorrow..........Rob
Old 09-08-2009, 04:50 PM

Hi Rob,

How often do you plan on doing intervals/BW circuit? I was also thinking of doing a BW circuit on saturdays... I don't think I'll do more than one though...
Old 09-08-2009, 05:10 PM

Quote:
Hi Rob,

How often do you plan on doing intervals/BW circuit? I was also thinking of doing a BW circuit on saturdays... I don't think I'll do more than one though...
Maybe Thursday and Sat - intervals on Thur and BW Sat, maybe.......

I guess I should say (and you probably already know this), but on that program, on the off days, you are only supposed to do light activity......walking etc but no intervals. I think that part is the key to putting on the mass. I still have a little bit of stomach fat to get rid of, and thats why I figure on doing at least one interval session a week. Kinda like ma said, everybody is different............

Last edited by RobB : 09-09-2009 at 03:59 PM.
Old 09-09-2009, 11:04 AM

Quote:

Hi Pat,

I talked to Tom (my husband). He did put on a little around the middle in his mass phase, but then he went on a 28 day "fat shed" after & got it off.

However, Tom has a "big build." He weighs about 35 lbs more than you do. That being said, 2,800 cals may be a little high for you.

An easy way to calculate your maintenance cals is to multiply your weight times 13 to 15. By 13 to stay on the low side & maintain your weight or maybe lose a little. 15 to gain. So, at 155 X 15 that's 2,325. 2,800 would be 500 over maintenance. And you may put on more fat than you would like. You may want to start at between 2,300 & 2,500 & see how you do.

Anyway, don't want to confuse you. Do want you feel you need to do.

“The runner that starts the race will not be the same runner that finishes the race.” Source unknown
Old 09-09-2009, 03:40 PM

Don't be looking at other peoples diets, their bodies are different to yours.
You must give your diet time to kick in before you start adjustments, otherwise how do you know what works and what doesn't..

That is why most people don't succeed, they chop and change and before they know it, they are all off kilter and then wonder "hey what happened, this diet is not working") well no wonder.!!!!!!

You must give your body and the diet a chance to work..
Don't give up on it too soon.

If you're following your diet and training hard you will see results. The goal is always to keep calories as high as possible while still reaching your desired results. Only cut calories when it's necessary to continue losing fat..
Another thing, don't get overly caught up in weighing your food. What's most important is consuming the RIGHT FOODS AT EACH MEAL..If you have a scale and can weigh, that's fine, but not essential..

Trust me
Ma
Old 09-09-2009, 04:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ma View Post
Don't be looking at other peoples diets, their bodies are different to yours.
You must give your diet time to kick in before you start adjustments, otherwise how do you know what works and what doesn't..

That is why most people don't succeed, they chop and change and before they know it, they are all off kilter and then wonder "hey what happened, this diet is not working") well no wonder.!!!!!!

You must give your body and the diet a chance to work..
Don't give up on it too soon.

If you're following your diet and training hard you will see results. The goal is always to keep calories as high as possible while still reaching your desired results. Only cut calories when it's necessary to continue losing fat..
Another thing, don't get overly caught up in weighing your food. What's most important is consuming the RIGHT FOODS AT EACH MEAL..If you have a scale and can weigh, that's fine, but not essential..

Trust me
Ma

Yep, just go with Ma's advice on this one.

Old 09-09-2009, 05:07 PM

Thanks Tabitha! As regards calories intake, I'm using Craig's rule:

152(my weight) x 11 = 1672 + 35% (TT WO) = 2257 cal for maintenance. To build muscles, add 500 cal. = 2757 cal.

But I have to admit, It's hard to ingest all those calories...

Ma, I'm following the diet you sent me, making some minor substitutions from time to time, but everything I eat is good calories. I'm just counting them to get used to these "new" portions size...

One question though: could I just eat the meals I was eating for fat loss and add calories by drinking more protein shakes, and by eating more olive oil, peannut butter and things that don't "stuff" me too much? That would be much easier...
Old 09-09-2009, 08:34 PM

Quote:
Thanks Tabitha! As regards calories intake, I'm using Craig's rule:

152(my weight) x 11 = 1672 + 35% (TT WO) = 2257 cal for maintenance. To build muscles, add 500 cal. = 2757 cal.

But I have to admit, It's hard to ingest all those calories...

Ma, I'm following the diet you sent me, making some minor substitutions from time to time, but everything I eat is good calories. I'm just counting them to get used to these "new" portions size...

One question though: could I just eat the meals I was eating for fat loss and add calories by drinking more protein shakes, and by eating more olive oil, peannut butter and things that don't "stuff" me too much? That would be much easier...
Hi Pat,
Well that would change your your fat ratio, right..more olive oil and peanut butter..

On meal 1. cut to 4oz. lean meat. or add 2 and1/2 scoops protein to your oatmeal or as a drink with oatmeal..and omit eggs/meat for that meal..

On Meal 3 cut to 7oz. and sub, 2/3 brown rice for sweet potato. or 2, 3oz red potatoes..can eat those cold if you have to..they should be about 3oz each,

On Meal 5 cut to 8oz..
lean meat. (your salad is small here)

I know it is hard at first, I had a hard time too, but you adjust..
You can switch the order of meals up, no problem. if that's easier, but don't mess too much with WHAT you eat, that's the key..you have lots of substitutions to choose from..
I made a lot of turkey burgers and lean beef burgers and wrapped it in lettuce , added tomatoes on side for salad portion..You know can eat canned green beans, just open, eat half and store other half for another meal. make it as easy as possible..there is nothing wrong with eating canned veggies if you have to.

Don't cut back too much ,your body will adjust..
Do you pack a cooler to take with you to work? I take mine everywhere and always have a bottle with some protein in case I get stuck somewhere.You
can find water anywhere to mix it..

Hope I helped you Pat..
Ma