TT Members Forum  
Home | Discussion Forums | TTmembers.com Tour | Search | Member Area

Go Back   TT Members Forum > Transformation Contests > 6th Transformation Contest
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-06-2009, 09:44 PM

Arrow Pat's back!

Hello everybody!

I too, like a lot of folks from TC4, am back for TC6!

Went to France and the Low Countries this summer so I wasn't around for TC5. But now that I'm back in Montréal, I'm really excited about starting TC6. I even went out to get the paper and took some pictures first thing after waking up this morning!

I haven't been around the forum much lately so for those who don't know me yet, I'm a PhD candidate at UdeM (writing the dissertation right now - hopefully will be done by this time next year), also teaching counterpoint there full-time to undergraduate students.

I decided to start TT in january 2009 after realizing what 3 years of PhD researches and living off fast food had done to my body (see for yourself my little montage of today's pictures with those from TC4 - taken january 10 and april 1).

My goals for TC6:

1- drop body fat level around 8-10%
2- put on some muscle mass (ideally would like to look like the guy in the right-hand top corner of the forum banner!)

During the contest, I'll be doing:

1- Unilateral Fat Loss Workout (February 2007), which contains lots of exercises I've never done before: DB 1-arm Alternating Chest Press, 1-Arm DB Squat + Press, DB Turkish Getup, Tuck In-Pushup Combination, DB High Pull, and much much more... Starting tomorrow, so it should be a lot of fun! Then...

2- Turbulence Training Circuit Training (February 2008), which is also different from what I've been doing so far: all three workouts (A, B and C) are done in circuits instead of supersets. This too should be very fun! And for the last part of the contest...

3- Build Muscle @ Home! (April 2007) ... Hopefully I will!!

During the first two months, I will also substitute bodyweight circuits for intervals.

That's about it for now... so I'll leave you with my new stats as of this morning:

Weight: 152lbs
Height: 5'8''
Neck: 16''
Chest: 38.5''
Belly: 33.5''
Hips: 32''
Body fat: 14% (according to online calculator)

Good luck to all!

Pat.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1- sept. 6 2009.JPG (92.9 KB, 20 views)
File Type: jpg 2 - sept. 6 2009.JPG (93.9 KB, 32 views)
File Type: jpg Photo 4.JPG (93.0 KB, 12 views)
File Type: jpg Montage - 10 janvier, 1er avril, 6 sept. 2009.JPG (67.0 KB, 31 views)
Old 09-06-2009, 09:50 PM

Just one question for Craig (or anyone esle who might be able to answer):

Can you just confirm that IT IS possible to drop body fat level down when eating for maintenance? I dont think I should continue eating for weight-loss and get below 150lbs...

thanks,

Pat.
Old 09-06-2009, 10:07 PM

Pop onto Ma's thread and ask her - she should be able to answer for you!
Jori
Old 09-06-2009, 10:23 PM

Ok, thanks Jori, I will...

Good luck on your transformation!
Old 09-07-2009, 07:13 AM

Welcome to TC6 Pat.

Find me on Facebook
Old 09-07-2009, 03:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bachNroll View Post
Hello everybody!

I too, like a lot of folks from TC4, am back for TC6!

Went to France and the Low Countries this summer so I wasn't around for TC5. But now that I'm back in Montréal, I'm really excited about starting TC6. I even went out to get the paper and took some pictures first thing after waking up this morning!

I haven't been around the forum much lately so for those who don't know me yet, I'm a PhD candidate at UdeM (writing the dissertation right now - hopefully will be done by this time next year), also teaching counterpoint there full-time to undergraduate students.

I decided to start TT in january 2009 after realizing what 3 years of PhD researches and living off fast food had done to my body (see for yourself my little montage of today's pictures with those from TC4 - taken january 10 and april 1).

My goals for TC6:

1- drop body fat level around 8-10%
2- put on some muscle mass (ideally would like to look like the guy in the right-hand top corner of the forum banner!)

During the contest, I'll be doing:

1- Unilateral Fat Loss Workout (February 2007), which contains lots of exercises I've never done before: DB 1-arm Alternating Chest Press, 1-Arm DB Squat + Press, DB Turkish Getup, Tuck In-Pushup Combination, DB High Pull, and much much more... Starting tomorrow, so it should be a lot of fun! Then...

2- Turbulence Training Circuit Training (February 2008), which is also different from what I've been doing so far: all three workouts (A, B and C) are done in circuits instead of supersets. This too should be very fun! And for the last part of the contest...

3- Build Muscle @ Home! (April 2007) ... Hopefully I will!!

During the first two months, I will also substitute bodyweight circuits for intervals.

That's about it for now... so I'll leave you with my new stats as of this morning:

Weight: 152lbs
Height: 5'8''
Neck: 16''
Chest: 38.5''
Belly: 33.5''
Hips: 32''
Body fat: 14% (according to online calculator)

Good luck to all!

Pat.
Hi Pat,
Will you do Build Muscle @ Home as your first program, which would be better, then if you still have to lose,you can do the Fat loss as your last
workout. If you eat real clean during Build Muscle you shouldn't have too much to lose. But I mean, be real strict with the nutrition..I have a good
nutrition plan for building muscle phase, if you want send me a PM with your
e-mail and I will send it to you.

Cheers
Ma
Old 09-07-2009, 06:01 PM

Sorry Pat,
I missed your thread, here.........answered you on the other thread. you look real lean, already.........about like Andy...............Rob

WOW! I just looked at all of your photos............looks like you started out like me, as well........Congratulations!!!!
Old 09-08-2009, 12:53 AM

Hi Pat,

I just wanted to say that I'm so happy to see you have not gained weight since your contest. I'm so pleased when people lose the weight & KEEP it off!

I just finished TT Circuit Training from 2008 & it was great. It was a nice change from super sets. It's fun to mix things up.

Best of luck to you. You are doing great!

“The runner that starts the race will not be the same runner that finishes the race.” Source unknown
Old 09-08-2009, 10:43 AM

Hi everybody,

Started new workout yesterday. On Ma's suggestion, I'm starting TC6 with Build muscle @ home, and I'm gonna eat lots of good cals!

Kind of scary to eat so much cals daily though (around 2800)... I haven't eat so much daily since last january! But I'll keep this "new" diet as clean as possible and see what comes out of it... and then I'll loose any fat I may gain afterwards.

I'll keep you posted.
Old 09-08-2009, 11:28 AM

Hi Pat - welcome back! I'm trying to get my husband to use TT for Muscle @ home so I'll be curious to know what you think of it!

"Eating crappy food is not a reward - it's a punishment."
~Drew Carey