TT Members Forum  
Home | Discussion Forums | TTmembers.com Tour | Search | Member Area

Go Back   TT Members Forum > Transformation Contests > 6th Transformation Contest
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-26-2009, 03:29 PM

Default Fit by 41 - 3rd attempt

Hi folks. I'm back and signing up for TC6. I'm planning to start on the last day (18 September) and I think I'm really ready and focused this time.

I have a whole new set of challenges this time around. I seem to have work and travelling under control (hired someone to help me out at work and will probably be recruiting some more people too) but I have to deal with arthritis in my wrists and ankles (I have psoriatic arthritis). I was off work for a month and for a while, couldn't walk without a walking stick. This was one of the main reasons I decided to withdraw from TC5.

So, no running for me for a while and I'm using the time from now until I start to prepare and figure out what exercises I can do and what will work best for me. I can still lift weights but I need to figure out my limits. Also, it's Ramadhan at the moment (finishes around 20 September) and I'm fasting from dawn until dusk every day and this is really helping my joints. But it does make it harder to workout and this is why I'm going to start as late as possible.

I am going to kick butt but I'm going to need everyone's support so I'm counting on my fellow TT'ers to be there for me, 'kay?

Find me on Facebook
Old 08-26-2009, 03:30 PM

We're here you you! Sounds like you have a plan, now it is time to execute!

Get busy living.
Old 08-26-2009, 04:17 PM

Congrats on your plan & decision to go for fit by 41. I turned 41 last year, so at 42 I'll be as fit and healthy as I've ever been. Already jumping out of my skin, and my b'day's not til Nov. Anything I could possibly do to help & encourage, just holla. BTW, glad your joints are getting better. Do you eat anything with wheat in it usually? Just curious since that seems to be a main culprit when it comes to inflammation in the body. Thanks.

Sparkie.

Loving Life, People, and our Amazing Creator.

My TT Blog/Thread - http://forum.ttmembers.com/showthread.php?t=7224
Old 08-26-2009, 05:24 PM

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by wsarwani View Post
Hi folks. I'm back and signing up for TC6. I'm planning to start on the last day (18 September) and I think I'm really ready and focused this time.

I have a whole new set of challenges this time around. I seem to have work and travelling under control (hired someone to help me out at work and will probably be recruiting some more people too) but I have to deal with arthritis in my wrists and ankles (I have psoriatic arthritis). I was off work for a month and for a while, couldn't walk without a walking stick. This was one of the main reasons I decided to withdraw from TC5.

So, no running for me for a while and I'm using the time from now until I start to prepare and figure out what exercises I can do and what will work best for me. I can still lift weights but I need to figure out my limits. Also, it's Ramadhan at the moment (finishes around 20 September) and I'm fasting from dawn until dusk every day and this is really helping my joints. But it does make it harder to workout and this is why I'm going to start as late as possible.

I am going to kick butt but I'm going to need everyone's support so I'm counting on my fellow TT'ers to be there for me, 'kay?
OK, Waleed,
Figure out what you can do and then DO IT. No excuses.......and you will succeed! You've been around a long time and know the program!!!! Good luck............Rob
Old 08-26-2009, 05:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobB View Post
OK, Waleed,
Figure out what you can do and then DO IT. No excuses.......and you will succeed! You've been around a long time and know the program!!!! Good luck............Rob
Hear, Hear!

We're here for ya! And we're going to be on you to finish this one, because we know you can do it!

Jori
Old 08-26-2009, 07:04 PM

Welcome back Waleed!
Old 08-26-2009, 07:45 PM

Waleed - Welcome back! Good luck in TC6! Remember, diet is very important in weight loss. Exercise is just the icing on the (carrot?) cake!

"Eating crappy food is not a reward - it's a punishment."
~Drew Carey
Old 08-27-2009, 02:13 AM

Hi Waleed,

Great to have you on board - I'll be looking out for you come 18th September!
Old 08-27-2009, 08:58 AM

Hey Waleed
As Rob says you can do it..
We are here cheering you on.

Cheers
Ma
Old 08-29-2009, 08:55 AM

Hi Waleed
You can count me in as one of your "cheerleaders" to the finish line. We'll be just by your side, going in the same direction, reaching the same goal: health!!

On day at a time ....