TT Members Forum  
Home | Discussion Forums | TTmembers.com Tour | Search | Member Area

Go Back   TT Members Forum > Transformation Contests > 6th Transformation Contest
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-26-2009, 03:17 PM

Default Crystal's "Change, nothin' stays the same" Transformation

Hey everyone,

I'm back to give this another go for TC6. I really need some motivation to keep me in a solid fat-loss mindset right now and I really think this could help. You see, I left my husband of 7 years and filed for a divorce a little over a month ago. Then I went on vacation 2 days later and have since gained about 6 or 7 pounds back. I am living with my mom right now and waiting until the divorce finalizes so that I can go looking for a house. So, I'm anticipating by December that I will have gone from a married lady with a husband, two dogs, and a cat to a moocher living in my parents house to a single woman with a dog and a cat and a new house to take care of! It should be an interesting ride.

Nothing describes my outlook on life right now quite like the Van Halen song "Unchained". Below are some of the lyrics (with a few changes of my own noted in blue):
Change, nothin' stays the same
Unchained, and ya hit the ground runnin'
Change, ain't nothin' stays the same
Unchained, yeah ya hit the ground runnin'

I know, I don't ask for permission
This is my chance to fly
Maybe enough ain't enough for you
But it's my turn at a try

Thought you'd never miss me till I got a phat city address
Non-stop talker, what a rocker
Brown-eyed murder in a size five (maybe 8) dress (that's what I'll be!)

Unchained, and ya hit the ground running
Anyway, I think I'll be starting shortly after the 1st official day. I wanted to get this up here early, though, so that I can start posting my goals and plan of action. Looking forward to another great competition and getting to know some of the newbies!!!

"Live for yourself...there's no one else more worth living for"

-Lyrics from "Anthem" by Rush
Old 08-26-2009, 03:59 PM

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by chinkle View Post
Hey everyone,

I'm back to give this another go for TC6. I really need some motivation to keep me in a solid fat-loss mindset right now and I really think this could help. You see, I left my husband of 7 years and filed for a divorce a little over a month ago. Then I went on vacation 2 days later and have since gained about 6 or 7 pounds back. I am living with my mom right now and waiting until the divorce finalizes so that I can go looking for a house. So, I'm anticipating by December that I will have gone from a married lady with a husband, two dogs, and a cat to a moocher living in my parents house to a single woman with a dog and a cat and a new house to take care of! It should be an interesting ride.

Nothing describes my outlook on life right now quite like the Van Halen song "Unchained". Below are some of the lyrics (with a few changes of my own noted in blue):
Unchained, and ya hit the ground runnin'

I know, I don't ask for permission
This is my chance to fly
Maybe enough ain't enough for you
But it's my turn at a try

Thought you'd never miss me till I got a phat city address
Non-stop talker, what a rocker
Brown-eyed murder in a size five (maybe 8) dress (that's what I'll be!)

Unchained, and ya hit the ground running
Anyway, I think I'll be starting shortly after the 1st official day. I wanted to get this up here early, though, so that I can start posting my goals and plan of action. Looking forward to another great competition and getting to know some of the newbies!!!

Hang in there, Chinkle! Find ways to relax..........Stress is not good for losing weight, which you have probably read by now...............keep your chin up and the rest of you moving! Good luck in TC6...............
Old 08-26-2009, 06:29 PM

Hey there competition buddy!

I'm going to throw my hat in the ring...in a few weeks.

Jori
Old 08-26-2009, 06:30 PM

Glad to see you started your thread over here!

I love Van Halen!

Maybe you could rent a home for awhile after the divorce is final. House hunting & buying is stressful! Ugh! Maybe take some time on your own, relax & then start the house hunt when you are ready? Just a thought...

Best of luck in TC6.

“The runner that starts the race will not be the same runner that finishes the race.” Source unknown
Old 08-26-2009, 07:19 PM

Van Halen

Nice you are going to do the 6th.
We will definitely motivate you any way we can.

Good Luck..

Ma
Old 08-26-2009, 07:55 PM

Hey there Crystal,

Wow, what a transforming time it's been for you already. Will look forward to supporting you in anyway I can during this one. During about the last 1 or 2 months of TT#5 I was searching for and buying a house,,, hoping settlement will be late next week. I definately do not recommend trying to do the two at once unless the absolute perfect house throws itself at you, which I was blessed enough to have happen Not to mention all that you'll be going through with getting the divorce and actually moving. (I've never been through divorce, so cannot even imagine.) Example - With the endless hours I've spent looking at houses, signing contract, phonecalls, and other legal things, plus working overtime, I have only been getting an average of 2, (if even that), - 5 hours sleep per night over the past couple of months. Haven't even gone to bed now, and it's only 6 hrs before I start work again. Have only packed about 5 boxes so far. With all that going on, I fell asleep at comp. just few hours before final entry was due, woke up, panic, took unclear pics, and wrote unclear essay of only half of what the 12 weeks did for me. Could have done those much better so people would have been more inspired & encouraged,,, I feel lousy 'bout that. But anyhows, I know you've got wisdom, but please do take the less stressful road to your success. It will come to you in it's perfect timing if you trust it, have faith in yourself, & have support from us, (as well as your family & other friends of course.

Let's all have fun on this journey

Sparkie

Loving Life, People, and our Amazing Creator.

My TT Blog/Thread - http://forum.ttmembers.com/showthread.php?t=7224
Old 08-26-2009, 08:42 PM

Hi Crystal! Nice to see you back. Good luck in TC6! It sounds like you have a lot on your plate; I hope exercise will help burn away some of that stress for you!

"Eating crappy food is not a reward - it's a punishment."
~Drew Carey
Old 08-26-2009, 11:23 PM

Very cool Crystal. It's good to see you back on board.

Link: My Current TT Journal
Old 08-26-2009, 11:24 PM

Also, are you up for some local hiking when the weather cools off?

I know you had some injury that was keeping you from hiking. What's the status of that?

Link: My Current TT Journal
Old 08-27-2009, 11:54 AM

Hang in there, Crystal. Cut your losses and just get this done. See a newer you in 84 days and beyond....

Cheers...

Andy