TT Members Forum  
Home | Discussion Forums | TTmembers.com Tour | Search | Member Area

Go Back   TT Members Forum > Transformation Contests > 17th Transformation Contest
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-26-2013, 08:41 PM
Administrator

Default Post Here: 17th contest entries

You can submit your entry to the 12-week 17th TT Transformation Contest here.

Please post your photos and your essay in this thread.

NOTE: This thread is only for final photos and essays. All other posts will be removed.

DOUBLE NOTE: You can also email your entries to support@turbulencetraining.com

Congratulations!

We are all super proud of your accomplishments. Stay strong.

To your success,

Craig Ballantyne, CTT
Certified Turbulence Trainer
Old 08-05-2013, 09:09 PM

Default 1st cab off the rank

I’ve been a member of TT for 3.5 years. Until this year I’d never felt compelled to join in on a transformation competition. Initially I told myself that I had already lost the weight and there was no benefit to be gained in entering a competition (I was wrong, there are a myriad of benefits both mental and physical). Later on, I think it was fear of being so accountable for 12 weeks that stopped me.

For the longest time my goal has been to get to 10% body fat or below but I NEVER truly committed to achieving this. I think that to a large degree I didn’t believe I could achieve it and subsequently sabotaged my own efforts. Deep stuff I know, but it’s true.

Three months ago after a good deal of personal growth I finally overcame my internal resistance and completely committed to finally achieving my fitness goal and joined the transformation competition.

In all honesty I didn’t change a great deal to finally achieve my goal. My exercise work ethic is good; great even, so all I had to do was keep up that momentum and shift my focus toward metabolic resistance training and conditioning rather than strength. I had been following a strength program from another fitness guru prior to the competition so swapping back to TT checked this box with a big tick.

In general I already ate very well, practiced intermittent fasting and adhered to principles that “should have” facilitated fat loss. However it was my dietary indiscretions, cheat days and alcohol consumption that were holding me back. To address this I began tightening the screws on my current 70-80% compliance rate. I did it gradually so as not to overwhelm myself. The 1st 4 weeks it went up to 85%, the 2nd 4 weeks up to 90% and the last 4 week right up to 95%. This approach worked very well for me and the fat came off steadily throughout my transformation.

The following things helped me achieve this compliance rate:
• First and foremost accountability in the form of the TT forums. It’s amazing how supportive that place is and how a bunch of people you’ve never met can keep you on track and make you believe in yourself.
• Tracking food intake: I tracked every last calorie for each of the 84 days. I’m pretty well educated in the nutrition department but when going for extreme results you really need to take a more extreme approach.
• Finally the TT system of training. Not only did I lose fat. My overall fitness has gone through the roof, which in turn has allowed me to push myself harder and harder as the competition progressed.

For my efforts I’ve achieved more fat loss in the past 3 months than I had in the past 3 years. Ultimately there were no tricks or special diets. I ate good wholesome food, I ate less of it and I exercised intelligently to achieve my results. The “trick” was to commit 100% and go for it and to BELIEVE that I could achieve it.

I never would have thought I would have enjoyed this experience as much as I have. I can’t thank Craig and everyone on the forum for being such an inspiration along the way.

Programs used:
Weeks 1-3: TT Meatheads 5x5
Weeks 4-7: TT Meatheads 100 Rep Challenge
Weeks 8-11: TT Grindhouse
Week 12: TT Metabolic Monsters.

Starting weight: 84.2kg
Waist Measurement: 34 inches
Hip Measurement: 39 inches
Approximate body fat%: 13-14%

Finishing weight: 77.7kg
Waist Measurement: 31.5 inches
Hip Measurement: 37.5 inches
Approximate body fat%: 9-10%

P.S. If you’re on the fence about joining the next competition don’t doubt yourself. Jump in and commit fully as it is a really rewarding experience.

P.P.S. Craig I will email the full size images and essays to you so that you can set them however you want assuming it comes to that of course.....
Old 08-06-2013, 05:56 PM

In 2011 I managed to shed 40 kilograms through hard work, training, and eating right. Having accomplished this, I believed I was an expert. When I look back on it, the main reason I was able to lose weight was simply that I ate a lot less and moved a lot more.

I didn’t quite know what to expect when I took on this transformation contest. I knew that changes in weight and body composition would be minimal as I didn’t have the need to shed huge amounts of fat this time around. Having completed the contest however, I can honestly say that I have learnt more about myself, successful nutrition habits and training that at any other point during my fat loss journey.

My nutrition set up for the contest consisted of a 16:8 fasting protocol. This was something I had never tried. Once I became used to the morning fasts, they began working in my favour and giving me a great deal of energy. The other enjoyable aspect was that at night I had the room to indulge in large amounts of food (whole healthy foods of course). I cycled my starchy carbs, consuming them only on resistance training days and eating higher amounts of fat on off days. I also abstained from alcohol, gluten and processed sugar, save for the occasional cheat meal. I could not believe the enjoyment I received from eating this way and the improvements I saw in the mirror.

Prior to the contest I was definitely guilty of overtraining. I would sometimes spend 6 days a week in the gym and become stressed when I missed a day. I made the commitment for the contest to only head to the gym 3 days a week. On off days I would walk, do some bodyweight exercises or play sport. I discovered that this gave my life much more balance than I had before and less stress as I no longer obsessed over fitting in gym time.

This contest has taught me about self-control and awareness and assisted me in developing much healthier training and nutrition philosophies. The accountability and support of the forums kept me on track and helped me to keep moving forward. The lessons I have learned will stay with me well into the future.

TT Programs used:
- Meatheads 5x5
- Meatheads 100
- Hardcore 2010

Measurements:

Before
Weight: 85kg
Waist: 34 inches

After
Weight: 80kg
Waist: 31 inches
Attached Images
File Type: jpg TTcontest1.jpg (26.9 KB, 39 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1656 (450x259).jpg (89.4 KB, 44 views)
Old 08-06-2013, 05:58 PM

Some of the second photo got cut off in resizing so I will email through the full size
Old 08-07-2013, 05:37 PM

Default Kim's Entry

I started Zumba and Turbulence Training at Catherine Gordon's studio in March or April with a friend. We quickly figured out that Turbulence Training was giving us the best results so we switched to TT exclusively. I overheard Catherine talking about the TT contest with another student and decided that I would enter the next contest. Catherine took my before pictures on May 8th, 2013.

I have been dieting since I was 13 (I didn't really need to, just thought I did) and have been going to a gym for most of my life to stay fit and healthly. Unfortunately, I broke an ankle and then a foot and was no longer in the habit of going to the gym and started packing on the weight. In February of this year I started a new nutrition program and started walking on my lunch hour. I have been losing weight but I kept looking in the mirror and seeing those saggy legs. Something had to change. Working out with Catherine for two days a week in her TT classes and then doing one TT workout on the weekend, I have seen better results then I ever have even when I was going to the gym 5 days a week. I have never seen even a hint of a "six pack" until TT. Wow! I am so glad I found this program. To lose 3 inches off my waist in 3 months and a total of 13 1/2 inches is incredible. I never thought that I would achieve those results working out 3 to 4 times a week for 30 minutes, especially since I caught a nasty head and chest cold that lasted for most of June and had me dialing down the workout. The workouts used were TT Thermogenic, TT, Home workout revolution, and TT CBS Abs.

Thank you

Kim Hembree
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Kim TT1.jpg (24.9 KB, 24 views)
File Type: jpg Kim TT 2.jpg (24.4 KB, 20 views)
File Type: jpg Kim TT3.jpg (28.0 KB, 25 views)
Old 08-08-2013, 06:33 AM

Default Kate's contest entry

All my life I have been an active person, playing sport and swimming competitively all through my school years. However, in the 10 years since school ended, I have become less active than I ever imagined I would. Although, I played a few sports socially, I steadily added inches to my waistline due to my decreased intensity of activity and decrease in healthy food choices.

Prior to beginning the transformation contest, I was going to the gym 3 or 4 times a week and using only the treadmill, rower or cross-trainer for cardio. I thought this would be enough to help me shed the few extra pounds I had gained, however, nothing much happened.

I met my fiancé in early 2012 and he introduced me to the TT workouts he was a disciple of. Together, we completed some sessions that he had modified to suit my fitness and strength levels. I was amazed by how much difference only 20-25 minutes per session could make. Gone are the days of 1hour on the cardio machines.

I decided to challenge myself with the 12 Week Home Workout Revolution series, as I wanted to tone without added ‘bulk’ so I didn’t think a gym was necessary. I have come to enjoy the challenge of the 20-10 series and push myself more in those 20 seconds of work than I could have a few years ago. And I’m not spending money on a gym membership I didn’t use much anyway. Even when I am feeling tired or reluctant to do a workout, I know that it will only be 15-25minutes in my lounge room watching TV. This has allowed me to become more consistent with my workouts, and complete them 3-4 times a week.

Throughout this program, I have also learnt that the easiest way to change my eating habits is to choose foods that have as little sugar as possible. I now mix natural greek yogurt with some frozen berries and chia seeds for a tasty snack. Together, my fiancé and I have had fun finding new recipes or modifying our old ones (cauliflower rice instead of white rice) to suit this eating plan.

TT Workouts used:
Home workout revolution 12 week program

Measurements
BEFORE
Weight: 80kg (176lbs)
Waist: 97cm (38 inches)
Hip: 102cm (40 inches)
Thigh: 63cm (24 inches)
Butt: 106cm (41 inches)
Bust: 98cm (38inches)
underbust: 87cm (34 inches)

AFTER
Weight: 76kg (167lbs) – 9lbs loss
Waist: 88.5cm (34inches) – 8.5cm loss
Hip: 97cm (38 inches) – 5cm loss
Thigh: 60.5cm (23inches) – 2.5 cm loss
Butt: 104cm (40 inches) –2cm loss
Bust: 94cm (36 inches) – 4cm loss
Underbust: 85cm (33 inches) – 2cm loss
Attached Images
File Type: jpg kate tt3.jpg (64.4 KB, 21 views)
File Type: jpg katett1.jpg (79.6 KB, 26 views)
File Type: jpg kate tt 2.jpg (67.9 KB, 21 views)
Old 08-09-2013, 08:30 AM

Starting this challenge was a major step for me, it meant I was going to have to commit to a program and I would be held accountable. I have been starting and stopping fitness programs for many years now and never following through on any of them. This time was going to be it. I want to stay active for myself and for my family. I have learned there are my aspects of myself I had not yet tapped into and a lot of potential I was not using to the fullest. I started setting daily goals to achieve and to help keep me focused on my overall goal of staying active and being fit. There were good days and bad, but every day I would strive to do something positive to keep me moving forward. If I was too tired to do my scheduled training I would bribe myself to just do one set and if I still wanted to stop after that I would, every time I would complete the training. I am continuing to learn things about myself and make adjustments as I go along.
I have been following the 16/8 fasting/eating program now for about 4 months and I am really enjoying the freedom of not worrying about eating every 3-4 hours to meet my calorie intake in a day. Don’t get me wrong it took some time to get used to. I had to do it gradually to let my body get use to not eating breakfast. I use to roll out of bed and eat breakfast before I would do anything else in the morning for over 40 years. Now the daily fasting is a habit I have no problem sticking to everyday.
The workout programs I have been using have been:
Home Workout Revolution
5x5 Meathead
Grindhouse
TT Summit 2K13 Workout
I have to admit, it took me a few weeks to realize, but I was not training with max effort every day like I should have. I had convinced myself that I knew better then Craig or any of the other awesome people on the thread that I should be working out every day for an hour or more. Well to say it was counterproductive would be an understatement. I was not using my time wisely in the gym and I was paying for it. Luckily I reevaluated my training and started making progress. Thank you to everyone who gave words of encouragement and posted on the thread of your diets and workouts. They are all great motivators.
Starting weight: 200
Chest: 42.5
neck: 15
arm: 13
upperab : 38
hip: 37.5
thigh: 20.5
calf: 14.7

Finial weight: 195
Neck: 17
Chest: 44
Arm: 14.2
Upper ab: 37
Waist: 36
Thigh: 22
Calf: 16

Overall, a positive gain for me. I will use the knowledge I have gained to continue training and learning to keep the momentum from this program going for many years to come.
(Can't get pix to up load, will post them later or will have to email them.)

Last edited by javarino : 08-09-2013 at 08:38 AM.
Old 08-09-2013, 09:19 AM

Default Peggy Transformation

Here is the entry for my student, Peg S. in the Women over 40 category.

It’s a “Lovestyle”

It was January and I needed something to jumpstart my weight loss efforts. I started going to the gym and doing the treadmill early before work, in the dark and cold. For 3 months I went to the gym and did the tread mill. It didn’t seem to be working very well. I was still following Weight Watchers and losing a pound every other week but not really seeing any fitness results.
I was also going to Zumba once or twice a week. Catherine Gordon, my Zumba teacher suggested I try her turbulence training class if I really wanted to see results and lose weight faster. I had every excuse not to try it out, bad hours, too tired, and how could 30 minutes could make a difference.
So I tried the TT Thermogenic class thinking I can do anything for 30 minutes, right? Wrong!!! That first class kicked me right where I needed kicked. I woke up the next morning feeling muscles I hadn’t felt in years. The funny thing was I had more energy the day after than on a regular morning and that energy lasted all through the day. So I kept going and I liked it. My work schedule only fit 1 to 2 classes a week but I started to see some results after a month.
Then Catherine asked me if I would participate in a 12 week competition for Body Transformation. I thought that I was too old and too overweight to join but I thought why not. So for 12 weeks I stuck to my Weight Watchers plan, did TT Thermogenics , Home Workout Revolution and CBS Abs in my classes with Catherine. I became good friends with many of the other women on their own journey to health and fitness. Catherine has a saying that I now fully embrace, “Health, good nutrition and fitness aren’t a lifestyle they are “Lovestyle”. And I love it. I couldn’t believe the transformation in 12 short weeks. I lost 8 pounds, over 2 inches off my waist, over 2 inches off my thighs, 1 in off my bust and over 2 inches off my lower abdomen and butt. I lost more inches than pounds and it was pretty easy to do. I also went down 2 pants sizes. And the best part is that I have more energy, feel better and really look better. I couldn’t believe my own before and after pictures. I even look happier. Thanks to Catherine and her “Lovestyle” I am hooked for good.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Peg B1.jpg (32.7 KB, 13 views)
File Type: jpg Peg B2.jpg (35.2 KB, 12 views)
File Type: jpg Peg B3.jpg (37.5 KB, 16 views)
File Type: jpg Peg A1.jpg (27.7 KB, 18 views)
File Type: jpg Peg A2.jpg (25.7 KB, 15 views)
Old 08-11-2013, 01:34 PM

Default Maureen's entry

I started the TC already a few weeks into the beginning Home Workout Revolution program, but wasn't expecting any big changes. Not that I didn't want them! Unfortunately my back had been painful for so long that I couldn't exercise intensely and therefore didn't think I'd get great results.

At 5'6” and 117 lbs. I wasn't really big, but I was definitely out of shape and had visible extra fat on my lower body. When I saw the “before” photos it was quite an awakening. Yuck!

I continued the beginner workouts and started counting my calories. About a month in I started noticing fat loss, feeling stronger and seeing muscles that I hadn't seen in a long time starting to show. I realized that my back wasn't stopping me from getting good results, and this could really go somewhere.

I started an accountability thread on the forum, dedicated myself to weekly measurements, and tightened up on my nutrition. Being active on the forum with daily updates and posting to others' threads to get to know fellow TT folks was key for me. Sharing in the journey makes it fun and keeps me motivated. I posted my measurements weekly to keep the pressure on.

Toward the end of the contest my progress slowed, but was still moving in the right direction. While trying new eating plans (high protein and fasting) I got a lot of input from my forum friends who kept not only educating, but encouraging, me. I ended the contest with surprising results (4.5 lb fat loss, 2.5 lb lean mass gain, 3.7% body fat loss, and 7.25” total loss on my lower body) and the determination to not only keep learning and improving for myself, but to spread the word to other women who may not believe it's possible to get fit after 50 (I'm 52). Having a lean and strong body is definitely within reach when using sound nutrition and the Turbulence Training HWR. I'm a convert!
Old 08-12-2013, 11:49 PM

Default Over 40 Female entry

I am so pleased and surprised with my progress. At first I was worried. I have been trying different types of exercise and diets for a long time. The most I would lose was a temporary 5 pounds. Before I new it I was at my heaviest and feeling my worst.
The first thing I noticed was that I actually enjoyed working out. Even on days when my body was in pain I was able to work through it instead of skipping it entirely. In fact while I was working out there were times when the workout itself was like a pain reliever. I love the fact that I didn’t need to go to a gym. I have made it to the Intermediate Level in the Turbulence Training for Fat Loss program. This program has become a part of my lifestyle not just a temporary fad.
I must admit though, at first I was worried that I wasn’t making progress. Not because of the training but because there were a couple of bad eating and drinking habits that I did not change. However, I did notice that my clothes were fitting a lot better. Friends and co-workers were making comments on how good I looked. My energy and confidence levels were going up! Despite not changing all my habits entirely (though I still intend too) I was still making progress! Until a couple of days before the end of this contest I was afraid to step on the scale but when I did I was pleasantly surprised that I had lost 13 pounds. Then my measurements surprised me even more:

Before After

Chest – 37” 36”
Waist – 38” 35”
Hips – 44” 41”
Weight – 178 lbs 165 lbs

Another bonus is that I fit back into my favorite jeans so of course I had to send that picture in as well.

Namaste from a very happy TT Member

Chrisanthia

PS I am having trouble uploading my pictures so I will have to email them.