TT Members Forum  
Home | Discussion Forums | TTmembers.com Tour | Search | Member Area

Go Back   TT Members Forum > Transformation Contests > 17th Transformation Contest
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-03-2013, 12:52 PM

Splendid progress! Posting will definitely help to keep you in the groove. It looks like you're really getting it done.
Old 06-04-2013, 03:23 AM

Ugh, down off my high after looking at my backside in the mirror today. I haven't had a full-length mirror in years. Those dressing rooms are unforgiving...

Anyway, back at it. It's a progression and a lifestyle, right? One day at a time.
Old 06-04-2013, 11:26 PM

Well, had to miss yesterday after gardening strained my back too much to work out, but back to Week 4 of HWR with the 30-15 BW Circuit plus the optional 20-10 Shuffle 10 min BW Workout. Good stuff.

I think the most challenging today was the back-to-back split squats. And ALWAYS the close-grip push-ups!
Old 06-05-2013, 11:10 AM

Doing great Maureen! Concetta
Old 06-05-2013, 01:04 PM

Keep up the good work Maureen! Keep making progress every training session.
Old 06-05-2013, 02:19 PM

Ahhh split squats. Sometimes the exercise you love the least is the one that loves you the best.

Stay strong.
Old 06-06-2013, 01:39 PM

So true!!! Those split squats definitely hit the areas I need most so I'm keeping at 'em!
Old 06-07-2013, 02:50 AM

I got off my MWF workout routine this week because of back issues, so found myself having to take the boys to paddling practice during my normal workout time. It ended up being really nice, as I did the Bootcamp 3 Circuit plus the 20-10 Conditioning 10 minute BW workout on the grass by a nice lake. Likely my exhausted movements and non-jumps at about 28 minutes were some good entertainment for the folks in the restaurants across the lake, and the condo-dwellers on the other side...

I'm also proud to report that, even though I bought the boys ice cream after practice (which I owed them) I gave them money and went to buy a big, organic Fuji apple for myself. As they taunted me in the car, I told them I could feel the pounds melting off of me, and didn't ask for so much as one bite (and it looked really good)! I knew my TT friends would relate to this situation. Thanks for being there to support me in my mind!
Old 06-07-2013, 10:48 AM

Maybe you inspired some gawkers to go home and exercise! Great will power Maureen. I love Fuji apples. Not a bad trade off if you ask me. But then I am kind of unusual, plus I'm dairy free for the contest. Concetta
Old 06-09-2013, 03:37 AM

Yeah, I thought the apple was a splendid surrogate for a sweet treat. I don't eat many out here in Hawaii since I strive to eat as locally as possible - but a crisp, juicy apple every so often is such a pleasure!

So today was a rest day, and I definitely rested while watching the boys in their paddling regatta. I need it, since my shoulders are a bit sore. I'm just not built up yet, so these workouts are challenging them.

I've also been constantly hungry lately, which poses its own issues, especially when away from home all day. I did stop at the farmers market for fresh fruit (awesome lychees) and had a delicious veggie quinoa salad and green tea for lunch, and my raw nuts for a snack - but I just kept wanting more! I came in about 250 calories over goal today, since I had too many nuts. Next time, better planning! More veggies, etc. in the cooler.

Tomorrow is measuring day...