TT Members Forum  
Home | Discussion Forums | TTmembers.com Tour | Search | Member Area

Go Back   TT Members Forum > Transformation Contests > 17th Transformation Contest
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-08-2013, 05:02 PM
Administrator

You can add it on one day this week
Old 06-08-2013, 07:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Ballantyne View Post
You can add it on one day this week
Craig,
So I can add it to one of my off days but no more? So a maximum of 4 days of intense training and 3 off days? Just want to make sure.

Also, would Yoga or Pilates be ok to do on my off days, as long as it is 30 minutes or less? Not sure if I will do either, but considering a few programs.

Thanks,
Chuck
Old 06-13-2013, 12:07 PM
Administrator

Yes, 4 days hard, 3 days walking or pilates or easy yoga. You must not be sore from off day activity.
Old 06-13-2013, 06:06 PM

Quote:
Yes, 4 days hard, 3 days walking or pilates or easy yoga. You must not be sore from off day activity.
For the off days, would you suggest pilates or yoga. I'm not sure which would be better.

Also, I'm currently doing the HWR 12 week program, which aligns with the 12 week transformation contest, but I was curious if I should change to a TT program that involved weights? I really like the HWR program and it certainly does work me hard, but I can't help but wonder what I would get out of a TT weight based program.

I will probably stick with HWR for the full 12 weeks since I am getting good results, just not sure if they will be good enough.

Thanks,
Chuck
Old 06-15-2013, 08:16 AM

Week 6 complete

I lost over a pound this week. I ate a good bit more calories on my cheat day last week too! So, maybe I should eat like that more often on my cheat day.

Craig,
I'm not sure if you saw my previous post or not, but here it is:
For the off days, would you suggest pilates or yoga. I'm not sure which would be better.

Also, I'm currently doing the HWR 12 week program, which aligns with the 12 week transformation contest, but I was curious if I should change to a TT program that involved weights? I really like the HWR program and it certainly does work me hard, but I can't help but wonder what I would get out of a TT weight based program.

I will probably stick with HWR for the full 12 weeks since I am getting good results, just not sure if they will be good enough.

Any thoughts?

Until next week,
Chuck
Old 06-17-2013, 01:14 PM
Administrator

I don't know the pilates vs yoga answer, sorry.

What is your current body fat and weight and height status? And what are your goals for training? That will help me answer the TT vs HWR question.

Quote:
Originally Posted by crarbo1 View Post

Thanks,
Chuck
Old 06-17-2013, 06:05 PM

Craig,
My current weight is 214.2 & my height is 5' 10". I have not been measuring my body fat since I don't have anything to do that.

My goal is really to loose weight, look and feel better. I am seeing changes in my body from the start of this transformation, lost 8.6 lbs & 1 3/4" off my belly so far. So, the HWR is certainly working for me. I just always heard that working with weights would make you lose fat too along with getting stronger. I don't really want to bulk up much, but in an ideal world, I would love to be defined. I doubt that I will get that way with this transformation contest however.

Thanks for all the help and support,
Chuck

Quote:
I don't know the pilates vs yoga answer, sorry.

What is your current body fat and weight and height status? And what are your goals for training? That will help me answer the TT vs HWR question.
Old 06-17-2013, 06:40 PM
Administrator

Chuck,

Great, thanks for the info. Stick with HWR until you've done 8 weeks. Then I'll leave this option with you:

a) Finish out on HWR
b) Use TT Buff Dudes (Feb 2009) - because this is the most popular program used by our contest winners

Thanks!

Craig Ballantyne, CTT
Old 06-17-2013, 09:47 PM

Craig,
Thanks for the options. I will check that one out. I hate not completing a program as it makes me feel like I gave up on it. HWR has certainly made me push through my plateau, so I know it works.

I am on Week 7 day #1 of the HWR 12 week program and it has the Strength & Muscle Workout #2 first and then a Ladder workout #7. That got me thinking about using the 3 Strength & Muscle workouts that are available before all of my normal 12 week HWR workouts. Would you suggest doing that? Also, if I would, on days that my normal 12 week HWR workout has an optional workout, would I do all three or just two. For instance, if on Wednesday, Week 7 Day 2 of the 12 week HWR program, I want to do the Strength & Muscle workout #1 first, then do the 20/10 Workout #12. Would I also do the optional Abs Workout #4 or just the first two workouts?

I just thought doing it this way would allow me to mix in more weight training without "giving up" on the 12 week HWR program.

Again, thanks for all the help,
Chuck

Quote:
Chuck,

Great, thanks for the info. Stick with HWR until you've done 8 weeks. Then I'll leave this option with you:

a) Finish out on HWR
b) Use TT Buff Dudes (Feb 2009) - because this is the most popular program used by our contest winners

Thanks!

Craig Ballantyne, CTT
Old 06-18-2013, 07:05 AM
Administrator

Yes, you can do all 3 S&M accelerators each week for a 4-week block.

And for the optional day, you can still do everything.

This will be a final "focused" four weeks to end your transformation, and then cut back for a week to recover.

Great plan.

Craig Ballantyne, CTT