TT Members Forum  
Home | Discussion Forums | TTmembers.com Tour | Search | Member Area

Go Back   TT Members Forum > Transformation Contests > 17th Transformation Contest
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-09-2013, 10:19 AM
Administrator

great work Peter, keep on getting clarity for your contest so you can kick butt from your official day 1
Old 05-10-2013, 05:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Ballantyne View Post
great work Peter, keep on getting clarity for your contest so you can kick butt from your official day 1
Kicking butt will definitely be on the menu come Monday do you worry about that.
Old 05-10-2013, 05:50 AM

Today I slept from around 7.30am until around 2.30pm. It wasn't the most restful sleep for some reason but they rarely are between night shifts.

My diet was sound but took all sorts of non compliant twists and turn with regard to my standard 16/8 fasting schedule. I usually maintain my fasting on night shift but last night I was very tired and very hungry so I sort of just went with the flow a little with regard to hunger.

I sort of went like this.

2.30am - low carb protein bar

3.30am - 1 apple and 6 brazil nuts

5am - 2 scoops of whey in water

7am - off to bed

11am - woke up starving and inhaled a low carb protein bar which I had in my bedside table just in case such a thing happened.

3pm - Vital greens

4pm - 2 scoops of whey in water with 5g creatine

5pm - juice of whole lemon in hot water

5.30pm - large homemade chicken cashew nut stirfry (400g chicken breast, sugar snaps, carrot, capsicum, broccoli, chilli, garlic, onion and cashews)

9pm - coconut berry protein icecream, green tea

No exercise at all today so I'm keeping the carbs to a minimum and filling up on fat and protein.

In other news my boobies are quite sore after yesterdays upper body workout. That 5x5 has quite a bit of a kick to it.

I'll get some sleep tomorrow morning then hit up workout C when I get up.
Old 05-12-2013, 09:25 PM

I'm off work and therefore without a PC so I will keep this post fairly brief. I had a good weekend hitting up workout c of 5x5 on Saturday. Yesterday we took at trip down the road to the Australian Reptile Park where we met up with my brother and his wife. It was good to catch up and Lili had a great time feeding the kangaroos and checking out all the animals.

Yesterday was my cheat day and I made the most of it! Today I'm back on the straight and narrow. Today's also marks my official entry to the contest. I'll pick up a paper later and take my before photos. Unfortunately I've come down with this flu that is circulating in our household at the moment. It went from Lili to me then to my wife (Alisa) and then back to Lili and now back to me. Oh the joys. Not.....

I'm off to train someone shortly and based on how I go/feel I may or may not hit up workout A. I'm not going to risk making myself sicker.

Hope everyone had a good weekend.
Old 05-13-2013, 12:07 AM

Sounds like you had a good weekend ... Wish I could say the same!

I'm also officially starting the challenge today. Wishing you all the best for it.
Old 05-13-2013, 07:19 AM

Good day in the end today. I ended up training and actually had a pretty good session despite this lingering flu. Although I managed to tweak my shoulder/back a little bit while doing bodysaws of all things. Nothing serious I just need to hit it with some mobility and stretching.

Diet is also on point. Had a nice dinner of lamb cutlets with cous cous and char grilled vegetables.

I've taken my before photos so it's game on!
Old 05-13-2013, 11:28 AM
Administrator

glad that chest workout did the job!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterJankowski View Post
Today I slept from around 7.30am until around 2.30pm. It wasn't the most restful sleep for some reason but they rarely are between night shifts.

My diet was sound but took all sorts of non compliant twists and turn with regard to my standard 16/8 fasting schedule. I usually maintain my fasting on night shift but last night I was very tired and very hungry so I sort of just went with the flow a little with regard to hunger.

I sort of went like this.

2.30am - low carb protein bar

3.30am - 1 apple and 6 brazil nuts

5am - 2 scoops of whey in water

7am - off to bed

11am - woke up starving and inhaled a low carb protein bar which I had in my bedside table just in case such a thing happened.

3pm - Vital greens

4pm - 2 scoops of whey in water with 5g creatine

5pm - juice of whole lemon in hot water

5.30pm - large homemade chicken cashew nut stirfry (400g chicken breast, sugar snaps, carrot, capsicum, broccoli, chilli, garlic, onion and cashews)

9pm - coconut berry protein icecream, green tea

No exercise at all today so I'm keeping the carbs to a minimum and filling up on fat and protein.

In other news my boobies are quite sore after yesterdays upper body workout. That 5x5 has quite a bit of a kick to it.

I'll get some sleep tomorrow morning then hit up workout C when I get up.
Old 05-13-2013, 08:16 PM

Okay hopefully this works. I've not uploaded photos from a phone before. Here's my before photos.

I'm reasonably happy with my starting point. Hey I have to be, there's no other option. I've got some fat to lose if I want to get down to 10%.

Waist measurement came in at 34' and hip/glute 39'. Room to move for sure.

ForumRunner_20130514_101537.jpg
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ForumRunner_20130514_101559.jpg (9.6 KB, 34 views)
Old 05-13-2013, 10:48 PM

With regard to posting pictures. I really encourage everyone to do it. There's no judgement here and I guarantee you that posting them up will strengthen your resolve to succeed like nothing else.
Old 05-13-2013, 11:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterJankowski View Post
So it begins.

I've been a member of TT for a few years and never entered a transformation competition but I feel that the time is right.

As the title of thread suggests my main aim in the next 3 months is to find balance and in doing so become a happier and better person. I feel that I've lost my way in recent years. Finding this place and training has helped me immensely. It has made me fit and improved my health. It has given me direction and for the 1st time in my life I feel inspired about pursuing a new career in fitness. But in my usual all or nothing fashion I've let it become too dominant a force in my life. What has suffered as a result you ask?

1) I've stopped surfing (the one thing that makes me happiest in the world). I've gotten to the point that I obsess over missing a workout so much that I would miss a day of perfect surf. This is not acceptable and something I plan to rectify.
2) My wife finds herself without a husband sometimes when she could really do with one because I (have to) get in that training session.
3) My daughter sometime suffers the same fate (not cool at all)
4) Iím tired a grumpy ALL OF THE TIME as a result of always pushing to get my workouts in (regardless of what shifts I've been working) and as a result I donít push to get other more important things done.

None of these things are acceptable and all of them can easily be changed with a small relaxation of mindset with regard to training and by choosing a training program that will facilitate this (enter TT and the world of 3 day per week programming). My current schedule following Jason Ferruggia has crept up to 5 days of training per week which just isnít sustainable.

SoÖÖ

My transformation will first and foremost be about regaining balance with what is important in my life and in doing so I believe I will become a happier person, better husband and father.

I realise this is a physique transformation competition though and as such I have some goals with regard to that as well.
1) To get down to 10% body fat (or less) whilst maintaining current level of lean mass.
2) To nail down my diet by removing some of the less desirable items I sometimes frequent. Clarifying this point further I want to reduce alcohol consumption, minimise simple sugars much like in my 21 day sugar detox and finally make better food choices on my cheat day.

So to achieve all of this Iíve set myself the following rules:

1) 3 gym workouts per week only
2) I will get in 30 minutes of light activity on all off days (this will usually equate to a dog walk).
3) Aim to get one surf in per week (surf allowing) ideally I will surf more than this but 1 day a week is a good start.
4) Regarding Alcohol: I am not going to set drinking and non drinking days as I know from experience this doesnít work for me. In addition Iím not going the total abstinence route because this is about setting sustainable habits for the long term and I enjoy a glass of wine with dinner.
Instead I will say that I will not drink more than 2 glasses of wine per night and I will take 2 nights completely off per week.
5) I will continue to follow the Renegade diet geared toward body recomp.
6) Cheat days will remain 1 day per week (Sunday) but I will aim to eat healthy cheat options eg. If I want a burger and fries I will make my own grass fed burger and fries rather than succumbing to the evil of takeaways, fast-food and their evil trans fats.
7) I will not let training get in the way of family time where I can reasonably avoid it (you have to workout sometime right?)

And thatís about it really, nice and simple.

I will make mention to one more thing and that is that matter of my goal of becoming a Personal Trainer. It is my intention to continue to pursue this goal but not at the expense of what I have listed above. I need to get my house in order 1st and then I will put all my efforts into a career change. I think that if I get my life in order and become happier that making a career change will become easier as well.

I was planning to officially commence the contest this week but due to some family commitments I was unable to. As such I will formally kick off next Monday the 13th.

Iím kicking off with Meatheads 5 x 5 and will evaluate from there as to which program I will run next. I like the look of Meatheads Off-Season though.

Thanks for listening to my long winded entry. Itís hard to put my thoughts/feeling into a cohesive set of words but hopefully this all makes sense.

Good luck everyone and I look forward to everyoneís success.

Pete
Good luck Peter. Sounds like you have some admirable goals there and some lessons for all of us to heed on the balance issue.

John Wooden