TT Members Forum  
Home | Discussion Forums | TTmembers.com Tour | Search | Member Area

Go Back   TT Members Forum > Transformation Contests > 17th Transformation Contest
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-07-2013, 10:55 PM

Default This is THE one

Hi all,

Iím officially joining the challenge and as the headline suggests I know this is going to be THE one.

I tried 2 previous contests last year but didnít make it past week 6. Last year I did really well with my first challenge losing ten pounds but then for one reason or another I slipped off the wagon and back into my old habits and a year later those ten pounds are back.

One problem Iíve had is Iíve been reading advice from many different experts which sometimes leaves me a bit confused as to what to do.

What I realized though is that the one thing that has definitely worked for me in terms of both results and enjoyment is TT workouts and Craigís simple nutrition guidelines so itís a no brainer really to join the contest. As well as following the guidelines, Iíve also worked through Craigís goal setting and time management books and implemented the advice so Iím completely clear on what I need to do.

As it stands, I am 187 pounds and 22% body fat. Havenít done the rest of my measurements yet but will do so this evening.

Iíll start off with TT 2K3 for the first 4 weeks (3x per week). Iíll also do a bodyweight circuit from one of the bodyweight programs one day a week.

Goals:

Lose 20 pounds of fat and get down to 15% or under of body fat
I also want to be able to do 10 pull ups by end of program

Process goals:
Do 3 TT workouts per week and remain active on other days
Follow nutrition plan to eat whole, natural foods 90% of the time and log intake on Livestrong
Follow my rules for drinking alcohol (none Sun-Fri, moderate only at weekends)

Good luck to everyone!!

Tom
Old 05-07-2013, 11:49 PM
Administrator

You've got the perfect plan!
Old 05-08-2013, 01:41 AM

Thanks Craig!

I just did my first workout (workout A from 2k3) ...

I did two sets of the first two supersets:
Chin Ups (assisted) x 8 / Dumbell Press x 8 (65 pds)
Elbow Out Row x 8 (65 pds) / Incline Press x 8 (65 pds)

Then I did just one set of the last round which is seated dumbell curls and decline pushups

The bikes at the gym were broken so I wasn't able to do my cycling intervals and I didn't have running shoes on so did some sprints on the rowing machine instead. Next time I'll try a finisher probably.

Overall, I feel great after my first workout and full of hope and determination for what's to come.

Diet's been good

3 egg omelette and veggies for breakfast
Snacked on an orange and some brazil nuts
Post workout shake from a vegetarian cafe (raw protein, banana and cacao)
Now lunch is a salad with lentils, broccoli and a lot of other organic veggies from same cafe
Dinner will be fish and veggies

Not counting calories religiously yet. Will see how much I'm eating and if I'm losing at end of week and if not cut down (as per Craig's simple nutrition guidelines)
Old 05-08-2013, 01:59 AM

Hey Tom

Those are good goals and you've picked a great program. I agree it can get very confusing if you listen to too many "experts".

Best to block everyone else and listen to Craig exclusively. He knows his stuff.
Old 05-08-2013, 03:02 AM

Thanks Peter. Good advice.
Old 05-08-2013, 08:29 PM

Day 1 went well ...

I finished up having a stir fry yesterday evening with chicken and a lot of veggies and a little coconut oil plus some cashews. I did have some buckwheat noodles thrown in and when I looked at the packet looks like there was some other ingredients so a little refined. Probably something to cut out next time.

I then had some cottage cheese and fruit with a little peanut butter.

I already feel a lot better after my first workout yesterday and looking forward to tackling workout B tomorrow.

Today I'm going to do the old man's warm up and perhaps some intervals as I didn't I get to do them yesterday.
Old 05-08-2013, 08:46 PM
Administrator

still, great progress!
Old 05-09-2013, 06:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MorganHK View Post
Thanks Peter. Good advice.
It's advice I'm taking myself. I'm a member of the Renegade Inner Circle (Jason Ferruggia) and I've banned myself from signing in and looking at what is going on over there for the duration of this transformation comp.

Window shopping elsewhere is not only distracting but leads to thoughts of self doubt and the idea that the grass is greener elsewhere. In my experience it isn't. If your looking to lose fat, get fit and look good this place is the best.
Old 05-09-2013, 09:57 AM

Completely agree Peter!

Today was a great day ...

I didn't eat til lunch time not through design but I just didn't feel hungry in the morning today. Started with a beef salad for lunch I made myself, with diced lean beef, baby spinach, avocado, tomatoes, an egg and a dressing with olive oil. I then had some fruit, an apple with a mini banana you get out here (am in Asia), and a tbs of natural peanut butter.

After doing the old man warm up I laced up my running shoes and headed down to the track to do some intervals as I missed out yesterday. I didn't push it too hard but felt great after.

Had a post workout shake of greens powder, whey protein, raw cacao, blueberries and flax seed ...

Just about to have dinner, which is a spicy prawn tomato sauce dish I made and having with some quinoa.

So all in all good. I still need to take my pics but will do that tomorrow, nfortunately two days into the contest

Tomorrow I have tt 2k3 workout 2 and I also have a game of squash with a friend (will take I easy with that though)

Cheers all
Old 05-09-2013, 10:16 AM

Squash! Man I haven't heard of anyone playing that since the 80's.

Very retro!