TT Members Forum  
Home | Discussion Forums | TTmembers.com Tour | Search | Member Area

Go Back   TT Members Forum > Transformation Contests > 17th Transformation Contest
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #11  
Old 05-14-2013, 11:18 AM
javarino's Avatar
javarino javarino is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 237
Default

Brought up cal intake last week, feeling alot better and not starving at meal times. Have been keeping up with diet and training program just not fallowing through on posting it. I have been doing the May's 5x5 meathead program, Yesterday was back to Day 1 legs at noon, then after work 3hr coaching. Today I will do MMA training at lunch time then a shake.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 05-15-2013, 12:51 PM
Craig Ballantyne's Avatar
Craig Ballantyne Craig Ballantyne is offline
Administrator
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 29,068
Default

nice, keep it going!
__________________
Craig Ballantyne, CTT
Certified Turbulence Trainer
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 05-15-2013, 03:56 PM
javarino's Avatar
javarino javarino is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 237
Default

Training today:
0600 - H2O and coffee
11:10am : (fasting) Meatheads 5x5 workout B "Upper Body 5x5 Pumpitude"
1A) Bench Press – 5x5 w/ 205
• No rest.
1B) DB Rear Deltoid Raise – 4x12 w/15
• Rest 60 seconds before returning to 1A.
2A) DB Chest Press – 3x15 w/35
• No rest.
2B) DB Chest-Supported Row – 3x10 w/25
• Rest 60 seconds before returning to 2A.
3A) DB Incline – 5x5 with a 5-second lowering phase. w/50
• No rest.
3B) Pullup/chin with Knee up – 5x5 with a 5-second lowering phase. first 2 w/o asstance, last 3with
• Rest 60 seconds before returning to 3A
did some finishers as well,
tractor tire drag front and back 2x40ft
tire flip 2x50ft
explosive jumps up on truck tailgate 2x10
cool down
had a protein shake and a sweet potato after.
1400- 5 scrambled eggs, water
will be coaching from 1600 - 1900 then will have dinner, i will post tomorrow what i had.
to be honest , i dont think to much when it comes to dinner. I have trained hard during the day and eatten well through out the day so what ever we fix I eat. I do try to start my meals with a giant salad first.
also wanted to mention, i chew gum throughout the day as well as drink a lot of water. I usally will drink water when i think im hungry, i am usally just thirsty.
and thanks again Craig for the workouts, I really didnt think the 5x5 would work for me and was i wrong. It is wippen me good. THanks.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 05-16-2013, 12:20 PM
concetta27 concetta27 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Budd Lake, NJ
Posts: 3,871
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by javarino View Post
Nobody says they all have to be at the same time in the day, your goal is to do them, spread them out in the day if you need too. just a thought.
I have a 16kg KB at home to spread them out. No way I would have tried this without it. Thanks.
Quote:
did some finishers as well,
tractor tire drag front and back 2x40ft
tire flip 2x50ft
explosive jumps up on truck tailgate 2x10
I can barely jump up 12" and you jumped up to a truck tailgate! Wow. Great finisher. Concetta
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 05-17-2013, 03:03 PM
javarino's Avatar
javarino javarino is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 237
Default

Yesterdays training: Workout 5 in MMA bodyweight training, with a upper body finisher ladder
started at 10 down to 1 : pushups, bodyweight inverted row

today:
0600- coffee, H2O
1120- Day 5 – Workout C – 5x5 Modified Deadlift & #Meathead Arms Fun
1A) Snatch-Grip Deadlift – 5x5 w 175
• Rest 30 seconds.
1B) DB push press – 5x5 with 50lb DB
• Rest 60 seconds before returning to 1A.
2A) BGSS – 3xMaxReps started with 20 ended with 15
• No rest.
2B) KB Swing or Leg Curl – 3x20 with 40lb DB
• No rest.
2C) Rollout – 3x8 with 5s ecc
• Rest 30 seconds before returning to 2A.
3A) BB Curl – 5x5 with a 5-second lowering phase. with 65lbs
• Rest 20 seconds.
3B) DB Lying Triceps Extension – 5x5 with a 5-second lowering phase. with 20DB
• Rest 20 seconds.
3C) DB Alternating Hammer Curl - 5x10 with 20 DB
• Rest 20 seconds.
*3D) Triceps Pushup - 5xMaxReps 11,10, 10
• Rest 60 seconds before returning to 3A.
Finisher: the "punisher" 8 rounds 20 sec squats, 10sec hold.
AWESOME!!!!!!
1215-Shake, bananna, brown rice
1400-eggs w/broc.
I am really glad I stared listening to my body,(and Craig, and Peter) I was deffently not getting enough cals last week, i feel awesome this week and have not felt tired. The meathead workout is getting me great results and I am able to really push my self with out getting fatigue.
On a side note. The family and I are participating in a mud run tomorrow, along with some of my inlaws. Then barbeque at my house. WE have done a couple of these together so far and it is a blast!







“When you get to the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on.” – Franklin D. Roosevelt
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 05-17-2013, 04:25 PM
Jim_Talbert Jim_Talbert is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 439
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by javarino View Post
Yesterdays training: Workout 5 in MMA bodyweight training, with a upper body finisher ladder
started at 10 down to 1 : pushups, bodyweight inverted row

today:
0600- coffee, H2O
1120- Day 5 – Workout C – 5x5 Modified Deadlift & #Meathead Arms Fun
1A) Snatch-Grip Deadlift – 5x5 w 175
• Rest 30 seconds.
1B) DB push press – 5x5 with 50lb DB
• Rest 60 seconds before returning to 1A.
2A) BGSS – 3xMaxReps started with 20 ended with 15
• No rest.
2B) KB Swing or Leg Curl – 3x20 with 40lb DB
• No rest.
2C) Rollout – 3x8 with 5s ecc
• Rest 30 seconds before returning to 2A.
3A) BB Curl – 5x5 with a 5-second lowering phase. with 65lbs
• Rest 20 seconds.
3B) DB Lying Triceps Extension – 5x5 with a 5-second lowering phase. with 20DB
• Rest 20 seconds.
3C) DB Alternating Hammer Curl - 5x10 with 20 DB
• Rest 20 seconds.
*3D) Triceps Pushup - 5xMaxReps 11,10, 10
• Rest 60 seconds before returning to 3A.
Finisher: the "punisher" 8 rounds 20 sec squats, 10sec hold.
AWESOME!!!!!!
1215-Shake, bananna, brown rice
1400-eggs w/broc.
I am really glad I stared listening to my body,(and Craig, and Peter) I was deffently not getting enough cals last week, i feel awesome this week and have not felt tired. The meathead workout is getting me great results and I am able to really push my self with out getting fatigue.
On a side note. The family and I are participating in a mud run tomorrow, along with some of my inlaws. Then barbeque at my house. WE have done a couple of these together so far and it is a blast!







“When you get to the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on.” – Franklin D. Roosevelt
Awesome job! Have fun BBQ'ing and the mud run. I struggle with the calories too and know I need them to train properly. Great week!
__________________
Success is never final, failure is never fatal. It's courage that counts.

John Wooden
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 05-18-2013, 08:43 AM
PeterJankowski's Avatar
PeterJankowski PeterJankowski is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 4,065
Default

Hey mate (what is your name by the way?)

You're doing great. I can't believe you managed "The Punisher" after workout C today. I'm impressed. That workout completely smokes me. I can't wait to get out of the gym after it. No way I'm hanging around for a finisher.

Keep up the good work!
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 05-18-2013, 10:48 AM
concetta27 concetta27 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Budd Lake, NJ
Posts: 3,871
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by javarino View Post
Great week buddy keep up the good work!
Many thanks. Jumping up on tailgates AND the "punisher". Legs of steel. Nice work. Concetta
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 05-20-2013, 03:32 PM
javarino's Avatar
javarino javarino is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 237
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterJankowski View Post
Hey mate (what is your name by the way?)

You're doing great. I can't believe you managed "The Punisher" after workout C today. I'm impressed. That workout completely smokes me. I can't wait to get out of the gym after it. No way I'm hanging around for a finisher.

Keep up the good work!
My name is Jorge.
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 05-20-2013, 03:47 PM
javarino's Avatar
javarino javarino is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 237
Default

Had a great weekend, whole family finished mud run and went to house for bbq and soak in the pool. ;good times.
back to training work out A of May 5x5 meatheads.
with a 100 pushup finisher. started out to be a 3min challange, but when the timer went offI wasn't done. took 5min,40sec. try to beat it next time.
600- H2O, coffee
1230-shake,sweet potato
1400- water and lemon juice
1430-3HB eggs, brown rice

And here are the pix.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1photo.JPG (91.6 KB, 18 views)
File Type: jpg 12photo.JPG (91.8 KB, 12 views)
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:53 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
© 2006-2008 TTMembers.com All Rights Reserved. Reproduction without permission prohibited.