TT Members Forum  
Home | Discussion Forums | TTmembers.com Tour | Search | Member Area

Go Back   TT Members Forum > Transformation Contests > 17th Transformation Contest
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-03-2013, 11:14 PM

Default Flush the Fat with HWR

I'm in. I was thinking of waiting another 2 weeks to start, but realized I needed the motivation of the contest to get going (either that or a kick in the butt.) I did the start weight, measurements and photos today, and got around to putting it all together in a Google Document.

Here is the start information. I have certainly let myself go since my knee surgery, but now I am back. As has been said many times, failure is giving up completely. I will get back to where I was. On the positive side, I am still much better than when I first started to work at getting healthy, but I am no where near my goals. Hopefully this contest will help me get closer.

Start Date: May 3, 2013 (End Date: July 26, 2013)

Start Weight: 98.0Kg (215.6Lb) Body Fat %: 33.9
Fat Mass: 33.2Kg Lean Mass: 64.8

Measurements--
Chest: 117.9cm
Waist: 112.5cm
Hips: 107.0cm

Approach: Do the Home Workout Revolution 12-week Program, count calories on MyFitnessPal, measure progress weekly.

Goals: Lose at least 18Kg. Fit in my size 36 pants. Be able to do at least 1 pull-up. I would like to see overall increased strength and conditioning as well.

First workout of the 12-Week Program will be Monday, but I will likely do a Finisher or one of the Strength and Muscle Accelerator Workouts on Saturday.
Old 05-04-2013, 12:07 AM

Good luck Jim!

Fitting back into old clothing is one of the best feelings you can get. great goal!
Old 05-04-2013, 05:19 AM
Administrator

Awesome goals, Jim, looking forward to your progress!
Old 05-04-2013, 06:42 PM

No workout today as my forearms and wrists are quite sore from installing new rear struts on our car yesterday. I did, however, get a lot of walking in with my wife. I would have liked to get in a finisher, but figured resting my wrists would be preferable since in they are sore doing most upper body exercises would be out and I don't want them to be injured.
Old 05-04-2013, 08:16 PM

Good luck Jim. Do you have a specific nutritional strategy (I try to avoid the word "diet")? Are there things you absolutely will not eat or do you plan to count calories only? I only ask because it is a major component for your success. If you lose the weight you mentioned it sure will make the pull up goal more likely.
Old 05-04-2013, 08:29 PM

So far a good day on the food front. Stayed within the calories I wanted, and avoided sweet treats. Now to get through the evening without snacking.
Old 05-05-2013, 10:13 AM

I made it through the evening without snacking, tempted though I was. Started the day with a nice kefir and strawberry smoothie. Now to get in another day.
Old 05-05-2013, 12:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by duckman View Post
Good luck Jim. Do you have a specific nutritional strategy (I try to avoid the word "diet")? Are there things you absolutely will not eat or do you plan to count calories only? I only ask because it is a major component for your success. If you lose the weight you mentioned it sure will make the pull up goal more likely.
My nutrition strategy is primarily to count calories. Frankly, the whole "clean eating" thing is not something I personally buy into. I have lost more that 40 pounds eating what I want to eat in moderation. When it comes down to it I tend to eat more fruits and veggies than I did before along with lean meats simply because I can eat more of them and thus have a greater degree of satiation leading to a greater likelihood of compliance in terms of calories. I will not give up the, so called, unhealthy foods as that would be a recipe for failure for me.

Overall nutritionally I seek to eat a higher protein, higher fiber diet, but the big measure for me is calories.
Old 05-05-2013, 11:10 PM

Question

Day two in the books. Had a great walk at a local provincial park with the family enjoying the great weather. Food wise I stayed in my calorie goals finishing the day with a nice snack of fruit.
Old 05-06-2013, 09:54 AM

Day #1 Workout # 1 -- 20-10 12 Minute Bodyweight Workout. Really good workout to start the day, now I am ready for breakfast.