TT Members Forum  
Home | Discussion Forums | TTmembers.com Tour | Search | Member Area

Go Back   TT Members Forum > Transformation Contests > 17th Transformation Contest
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-02-2013, 07:06 PM

Default Tim's nutrition and workout log

My fat loss journey started 2 and a half years ago. 2011 was my transformation year where I lost 40 kilograms (88lbs). In 2012 I concentrated on maintaining and instilling a healthy lifestyle. This year I want to get into peak shape.

My Current Stats are:
Weight: 85kg (187lbs)
Height: 6 foot
Waist: 34 inches

My goals for this contest are:
• Reduce body fat and add some lean muscle
• Use the accountability factor to tighten up my nutrition – I am usually great through the week but it can easily come apart on weekend binges so I am going to keep things to a cheat meal rather than cheat days or weekends.

DAY 1 – 2/5/13
Diet is based on Ferruggia’s Renegade Diet.
830am – black coffee
1:15pm – 2 eggs, cup broccoli, cup of spinach, small handful of walnuts, sauerkraut, ground chillies.

3:00pm – 2 eggs with spinach and broccoli and small handful almonds.

4:30pm – black coffee

5:00pm – Training
- May Meatheads 5x5 Workout B (had to start here as my legs had a big workout yesterday).

6:30pm – Steamed Broccoli, bok choy, and spinach. Roast Pumpkin, Quinoa and some grilled Chicken Breast.

8pm – cup of berries with Tbspn of cacao powder and tbspn of almond/brazil/cashew butter and ½ protein powder.

8:30 pm – Indoor Cricket match
Old 05-02-2013, 07:19 PM
Administrator

Nice looking diet set up Tim. I also follow Jay's Renegade Diet for the most part. Hopefully we can help each other out and bounce ideas off each other. Look forward to following your progress!
Old 05-02-2013, 10:07 PM

Yeah I find it fits really well with my work schedule. I've been following it for about a week and feel great. I actually got onto it from following you and peter's nutrition logs. There will probably be a lot of tweaking and experimenting whilst I sort out my carb cycles. I'm also not big on counting calories and macros but I'll be constantly reflecting on the way my body responds. Thanks for the support!
Old 05-03-2013, 08:44 AM
Administrator

Great to see you in the contest!
Old 05-04-2013, 12:14 AM

Day 2 - 3/5/13

6am - 4km walk
8am - Black Coffee
1130am - Black Coffee

1:15pm - Raw Salad of spinach, broccoli, Capsicum, sauerkraut, almonds, chia seeds, turkey breast and fetta.

4pm - Smoothie - Vanilla protein, raspberries, blueberries, spinach and an egg.

530pm - Tbsp. nut butter and a bowl of homemade kale chips.

6pm - Indoor Netball (great off day activity - fun + fitness)

730pm - Roast Lamb with roast carrot, pumpkin, beetroot, onion and swede.
Old 05-04-2013, 12:38 AM

Day 3 - 4/5/13

Day 3 includes a subsantial cheat meal. I know it looks odd so early on in the contest but I follow the 90-10 nutrition rule and to be honest, I have hit 100% nutrition for the last 7 days so thats why it appears here. Plus it's a saturday night!

830am - Black Coffee

1130am - Workout - Meatheads 5x5 workout C - really challenging. great session.

1230pm - Post workout shake - Vanilla protein, berries, tbsp raw cacao, spinach, and tbsp of nut butter.

3pm - 3 egg omelette (with turkey, mushroom, capsicum and kale) with a side of grilled eggplant and zuchini

430pm - 4 km walk (with my fiancee who will be joining the contest tomorrow)

630pm - Italian take away cheat meal - pumpkin, almond and ricotta tortellini, chorizo pizza, ice cream and 2 glasses of red wine.

I have also decided that after the contest I want to start a fitness/health/motivational blog. I am a high school english teacher and have a degree in journalism so writing is something I love. I am going to try and include a thought for the week with my log to get me into the zone.

Today's thought

"If you do what you've always done, you'll get what you've always got"

This quote has been attributed to many people; I'm not quite sure who said it first. I have found this to be so true. All through my life I was quite big. When I was a teenager I got away with it (just) as I was a good size for Rugby. It was in my early twenties that things started to go downhill. When I was hovering around the 270lbs mark, I had a gym membership, I walked occasionally and every other week I would tell myself that this is the week I get into shape.

The problem was I never changed anything. I talked myself into believing I was making healthy choices by choosing a McDonalds snack wrap over the chicken burger, or drinking the low carb beer over the full strength. In the gym I would do the same useless exercises without focus or intensity.

It wasn't until I saw a photo of myself at my best friends wedding where I couldn't even do my tie up properly becuase of my double chin that I really decided something needed to change.

I learnt more about food and made CHANGES to my eating. I CHANGED my workout schedule and I CHANGED the habits that were causing me to binge eat fast food and down a sixpack of beer every night...and I never looked back.

If you have been working at something for an extended period without seeing any results, perhaps it is time to think about small changes you can make to your approach.

It's never too late.
Old 05-05-2013, 07:37 PM

Day 4 5/5/13

12pm – Freshly pureed carrot, celery, apple and ginger
- Egg and Mushroom Bake (with onion, cheese, turkey, spinach and tomato

3:30pm – Blender drink – vanilla protein, spinach, kale, berries, almond meal, nut butter

4:30pm – Bodyweight exercises and shuttle runs

6:30pm – Baked Chicken breast with brocollini, asparagus and bok choy

8pm – apple and a chai tea

Relaxing Sunday. Got some work done. Feeling fresh and ready for the new working week tomorrow.

Tried two great new recipes today. I will post to the recipes forum when I get a chance.
Old 05-05-2013, 11:55 PM

Your food sounds awesome. Giving me a complex. I cook and eat really well at dinner, but I'm useless (insert too lazy) during the day.

Man I hate having no Internet. Typing on a phone sucks.

Anyway you're doing great. I'll be joining in the fun starting tomorrow.
Old 05-06-2013, 01:02 AM

I was thinking the same as Peter about your food. Great variety in your diet. The kale chips are great aren't they. I get kale regularly in my weekly vege box, just so I can make them.
Old 05-06-2013, 06:31 AM

Thanks guys. Yeah i love cooking and love veg so that works in my favour. Plus my teaching job allows me to get into a good routine. School holidays are the downfall.

Day 5 - 6/5/13

Black coffees at 8 am and 1130 am

1pm - leftover chicken breast + leftover egg bake
Mix green salad of spinach, asparagus, bok choy, brocolli, capsicum and cucumber (yep definite green veg fetish.

330pm - 3/4 cup of raw mixed nuts

430pm - meatheads 5x5 workout A - i am loving these workouts. The rep schemes are really challenging.

545pm - ice coffee protein shake with water, spinach and 1/4 cup of coconut milk. 1/2 cup of sweet potato (not in the shake )

7pm - venison steak (they were sold out of kangaroo so bought this instead. Quite good and super lean), 1/2 a baked sweet potato with cayenne pepper, some rainbow salad and a 1/4 cup of quinoa with apple cider vinegar.

830 - apple and 1/2 cup of berries

I find the morning fasts are helping me to be much more productive at work.