TT Members Forum  
Home | Discussion Forums | TTmembers.com Tour | Search | Member Area

Go Back   TT Members Forum > Transformation Contests > 17th Transformation Contest
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-21-2013, 04:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by concetta27 View Post
Did you have fun on the webcast? It was great watching you and Craig interact.
Concetta
Yes! 3 hours felt like just one. I wanted to do all the exercises. TT and HWR really are the best way to train, and we're proving it. So great to see this contest getting so much action too.

By the way, I'm back to 124- and I will be at goal by the summit!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screen Shot 2013-05-19 at 6.06.54 PM.jpg (16.1 KB, 21 views)
File Type: jpg 5:21.jpg (37.7 KB, 19 views)
Old 05-23-2013, 11:42 AM

Default I Cheated :)

So yesterday I was at a new low on the scale, and I thought what the heck. Maybe Joel is right and I should have a re-feed.

Now it wasn't a junk re-feed, not at all. I had organic chocolate and almonds, strawberries, raw whipped cream (Here in CA raw dairy is legal) and a glass of wine after TT class.

Oh how lovely it will be if this actually works!
Old 05-23-2013, 01:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pageboy9 View Post
So yesterday I was at a new low on the scale, and I thought what the heck. Maybe Joel is right and I should have a re-feed.
Now it wasn't a junk re-feed, not at all. I had organic chocolate and almonds, strawberries, raw whipped cream (Here in CA raw dairy is legal) and a glass of wine after TT class.
Oh how lovely it will be if this actually works!
I have had success with re-feeds. Hope it works for you as well. Concetta
Old 05-25-2013, 10:56 AM

Default You Tube Power?

Off to the studio to substitute teach Zumba for Melanie, and then I'm going to join a friend's march against Monsanto at courthouse square. There is a part of me saying: "What the heck am I doing?"

I'm trying to put up a series of you tube videos about preparing for the Summit. I clearly need the help of my twelve year old son to get them posted.

Changing and growing is scary no matter what your age is.
Old 05-25-2013, 03:19 PM
Administrator

Awesome work!

Really enjoyed your book, and this quote:

"The more you help others, the faster you will get results." - Catherine Gordon, Certified Turbulence Trainer, author of Keep the Change

Quote:
Off to the studio to substitute teach Zumba for Melanie, and then I'm going to join a friend's march against Monsanto at courthouse square. There is a part of me saying: "What the heck am I doing?"

I'm trying to put up a series of you tube videos about preparing for the Summit. I clearly need the help of my twelve year old son to get them posted.

Changing and growing is scary no matter what your age is.
Old 05-27-2013, 11:02 AM

Default We Have To Have the Talk

I'll keep this short. In spite of the fact that in the year after I started teaching a popular dance fitness class I gained 15 pounds of fat, I have continued to teach 60 minute classes. When I have tried to shorten them my students have said, "no don't we love it like it is!" Now that I'm teaching the 30 minute TT classes, I have something to compare it to.

On top of that, the research is piling up that long cardio sessions are worse than ineffective, they can actually cause harm by increasing appetite, limiting activity outside of class, and causing too much wear and tear on the joints.

Today, I'm putting my foot down. 45 minutes including the warmup and stretch/cooldown at the end. Would I rather be popular, or get my clients results? I want to get them results.
Old 05-28-2013, 06:52 AM
Administrator

Yes, well said!
Old 05-28-2013, 10:07 AM

Default They Took It Really Well!

Fantastic TT class last night- butts on the floor at the end- in a good way. We used workout #1(Day 2) from the 8 week metabolic accelerator manual. It's the 20-10 twelve minute workout, and here's the best part: When I use the short metabolic workouts I have time to do form and modification demonstrations before the warm up.

In my classes, it's rare that i have any students who don't need a modification of some kind- even if it's just kneeling for pushups. At any rate, I was using cross crawls to sub for Mountain Climbers, but instead I used something I call a Cross Body Bird Dog. That way they don't have to hold a plank position, but they can still stimulate the core. One of my students who used needs this kind of modification is seeing the line up the stomach that is the first indication of abs for the first time in her life.

So it really is true that you can change your body for the better without having to do the most demanding exercises. They really want to do the challenging stuff though- the biggest challenge is getting them to be patient enough to "Work Up."

Oh- and my Zumba class totally "got" why I trimmed the time. Everyone was covered in sweat by the end anyway. When you know the class isn't going to be too long you put out more energy.
Old 05-28-2013, 12:29 PM

Quote:
Hey Concetta, Looks like you're rocking the training.
BTW, on the re-feeds, I think I may have to stick with non-trigger foods to make it work- and wine is clearly one of them! (For me at least.)
Thanks Catherine.
Re-feeds for me are usually many more calories as opposed to certain foods. Pile on the food for one day. Back to normal for the rest. Concetta
Old 05-29-2013, 04:13 AM

Default Re-feeds

Good to hear, Concetta. I just had my husband's birthday dinner on Friday night and my monthly Gourmet Guinea Pig Goddesses dinner on Saturday night, so took in significantly more calories than normal this weekend. Friday night wasn't bad at all, but Saturday involved cocktails and dessert (all courses are theoretically mandatory, but no one noticed I skipped all the carb main dishes!). I'm not experienced with the re-feeding strategy either, so was wondering if I over-did it.

Anyway, I feel like all is well after being back on track for a few days. I was kinda bummed my measurements haven't gone down in two weeks, after having dropped the first two weeks, but I'm guessing maybe the "whoosh" will be in the next two weeks? (Crossed fingers).

I'm still loving the HWR workouts. I'm working through the 12 week program (after having finished the beginner program) and am now up to the Week 3 workouts. Last week's 20-10 15 min Bodyweight w/o plus the 20-15 Ab Circuit was killer, but I can really see my quads starting to get some definition, so that's exciting. I'm even seeing my triceps now! Just getting stronger feels so good. The HWR makes it so simple to accomplish.