TT Members Forum  
Home | Discussion Forums | TTmembers.com Tour | Search | Member Area

Go Back   TT Members Forum > Transformation Contests > 17th Transformation Contest
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-13-2013, 09:32 AM

Default The Breakthrough, then the bounce.

Challenge: Once I get really close to my goal body fat percentage, the fat loss isn't linear anymore. Meaning, I finally got below 125, then I had one meal out- it was Mother's day after all, and my weight bounced right back up.

If you look at it rationally, it's not that big a deal because we all know it's water, but the up and down can still be demoralizing if you let it. Silly old scale, and yet I find it is still a pretty good tool for keeping me honest and on track.

The good news is, my bodyfat hasn't been this low since I got my personal training certification and Zumba license two years ago. I was a victim of the strange phenomena of starting a personal training business and gaining weight. Stress, plus cardio, plus dropping my old TT schedule was bad news for my figure.

I just keep learning every day. If I stay honest I know i can make it to goal and stay there.
Old 05-13-2013, 09:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pageboy9 View Post
Challenge: Once I get really close to my goal body fat percentage, the fat loss isn't linear anymore. Meaning, I finally got below 125, then I had one meal out- it was Mother's day after all, and my weight bounced right back up.

If you look at it rationally, it's not that big a deal because we all know it's water, but the up and down can still be demoralizing if you let it. Silly old scale, and yet I find it is still a pretty good tool for keeping me honest and on track.

The good news is, my bodyfat hasn't been this low since I got my personal training certification and Zumba license two years ago. I was a victim of the strange phenomena of starting a personal training business and gaining weight. Stress, plus cardio, plus dropping my old TT schedule was bad news for my figure.

I just keep learning every day. If I stay honest I know i can make it to goal and stay there.
Congratulations on your invitation from Craig. If I was younger, I would get into that business as well........
Old 05-15-2013, 01:40 PM
Administrator

you are a rockstar!

Quote:

Old 05-15-2013, 01:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobB View Post
Congratulations on your invitation from Craig. If I was younger, I would get into that business as well........
Aren't we the same age?

At any rate, nothing works like this training system (TT/HWR). As TT/HWR becomes more famous I predict a strong demand for CTTs who can demonstrate and safely teach the exercises and techniques.
Old 05-15-2013, 01:59 PM

Default Mean 15!

I did the HWR "Mean 15" with my morning class.

They loved it- as only dedicated enthusiastic individuals can.

How I wish you all could come and see the transformations my students are having.

The only equipment needed was a dumb-bell for the rows, and some hot tunes of course!
Old 05-17-2013, 06:06 PM

Default The Intensity

I have a few minutes before I meet Colin at the bus stop.

One of my students is almost back to her pre-baby weight. Her goal is to get there by her son's first birthday next month. Sarah (my student) is amazing. She's focused and she always brings the energy to class. She is looking fantastic, and I asked her what she thinks the best part of TT is.

She thought for a moment then replied, "The Intensity." I really do feel the effect all day, and into the next day. The last class we did? I loved it."

The last class she was talking about was the "Mean 15." So even young working moms want- even love- intensity in their training. This is the great surprise, nobody is expecting "easy" and under the right circumstances challenges are fun.
Old 05-17-2013, 06:33 PM

Quote:
Aren't we the same age?

At any rate, nothing works like this training system (TT/HWR). As TT/HWR becomes more famous I predict a strong demand for CTTs who can demonstrate and safely teach the exercises and techniques.
I dont think so. I am just about 60.......
Old 05-19-2013, 12:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobB View Post
I dont think so. I am just about 60.......
That's the new 30.

Seriously, though it is so exciting to see age mean less and less in terms of what's possible in fitness progression. Staying healthy in terms of preventing injury is the name of the game. Barring that, when we do run into trouble we need good physical therapy so that we can heal up and keep going.

We need all the over 50, 60, 70, 80, and beyond role models we can get in the gym.

Never give up my friend.
Old 05-20-2013, 01:34 PM

Did you have fun on the webcast? It was great watching you and Craig interact.
Concetta
Old 05-20-2013, 01:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by concetta27 View Post
Did you have fun on the webcast? It was great watching you and Craig interact.
Concetta
I agree........What a Turblence Training success story!