TT Members Forum  
Home | Discussion Forums | TTmembers.com Tour | Search | Member Area

Go Back   TT Members Forum > Transformation Contests > 17th Transformation Contest
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #11  
Old 05-13-2013, 09:32 AM
pageboy9's Avatar
pageboy9 pageboy9 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 1,677
Default The Breakthrough, then the bounce.

Challenge: Once I get really close to my goal body fat percentage, the fat loss isn't linear anymore. Meaning, I finally got below 125, then I had one meal out- it was Mother's day after all, and my weight bounced right back up.

If you look at it rationally, it's not that big a deal because we all know it's water, but the up and down can still be demoralizing if you let it. Silly old scale, and yet I find it is still a pretty good tool for keeping me honest and on track.

The good news is, my bodyfat hasn't been this low since I got my personal training certification and Zumba license two years ago. I was a victim of the strange phenomena of starting a personal training business and gaining weight. Stress, plus cardio, plus dropping my old TT schedule was bad news for my figure.

I just keep learning every day. If I stay honest I know i can make it to goal and stay there.
__________________
Catherine
http://www.sugarfreedom.com
Fitness is Freedom.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 05-13-2013, 09:41 AM
RobB's Avatar
RobB RobB is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 11,441
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pageboy9 View Post
Challenge: Once I get really close to my goal body fat percentage, the fat loss isn't linear anymore. Meaning, I finally got below 125, then I had one meal out- it was Mother's day after all, and my weight bounced right back up.

If you look at it rationally, it's not that big a deal because we all know it's water, but the up and down can still be demoralizing if you let it. Silly old scale, and yet I find it is still a pretty good tool for keeping me honest and on track.

The good news is, my bodyfat hasn't been this low since I got my personal training certification and Zumba license two years ago. I was a victim of the strange phenomena of starting a personal training business and gaining weight. Stress, plus cardio, plus dropping my old TT schedule was bad news for my figure.

I just keep learning every day. If I stay honest I know i can make it to goal and stay there.
Congratulations on your invitation from Craig. If I was younger, I would get into that business as well........
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 05-15-2013, 01:40 PM
Craig Ballantyne's Avatar
Craig Ballantyne Craig Ballantyne is offline
Administrator
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 29,150
Default

you are a rockstar!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pageboy9 View Post
Challenge: Once I get really close to my goal body fat percentage, the fat loss isn't linear anymore. Meaning, I finally got below 125, then I had one meal out- it was Mother's day after all, and my weight bounced right back up.

If you look at it rationally, it's not that big a deal because we all know it's water, but the up and down can still be demoralizing if you let it. Silly old scale, and yet I find it is still a pretty good tool for keeping me honest and on track.

The good news is, my bodyfat hasn't been this low since I got my personal training certification and Zumba license two years ago. I was a victim of the strange phenomena of starting a personal training business and gaining weight. Stress, plus cardio, plus dropping my old TT schedule was bad news for my figure.

I just keep learning every day. If I stay honest I know i can make it to goal and stay there.
__________________
Craig Ballantyne, CTT
Certified Turbulence Trainer
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 05-15-2013, 01:55 PM
pageboy9's Avatar
pageboy9 pageboy9 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 1,677
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobB View Post
Congratulations on your invitation from Craig. If I was younger, I would get into that business as well........
Aren't we the same age?

At any rate, nothing works like this training system (TT/HWR). As TT/HWR becomes more famous I predict a strong demand for CTTs who can demonstrate and safely teach the exercises and techniques.
__________________
Catherine
http://www.sugarfreedom.com
Fitness is Freedom.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 05-15-2013, 01:59 PM
pageboy9's Avatar
pageboy9 pageboy9 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 1,677
Default Mean 15!

I did the HWR "Mean 15" with my morning class.

They loved it- as only dedicated enthusiastic individuals can.

How I wish you all could come and see the transformations my students are having.

The only equipment needed was a dumb-bell for the rows, and some hot tunes of course!
__________________
Catherine
http://www.sugarfreedom.com
Fitness is Freedom.
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 05-17-2013, 06:06 PM
pageboy9's Avatar
pageboy9 pageboy9 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 1,677
Default The Intensity

I have a few minutes before I meet Colin at the bus stop.

One of my students is almost back to her pre-baby weight. Her goal is to get there by her son's first birthday next month. Sarah (my student) is amazing. She's focused and she always brings the energy to class. She is looking fantastic, and I asked her what she thinks the best part of TT is.

She thought for a moment then replied, "The Intensity." I really do feel the effect all day, and into the next day. The last class we did? I loved it."

The last class she was talking about was the "Mean 15." So even young working moms want- even love- intensity in their training. This is the great surprise, nobody is expecting "easy" and under the right circumstances challenges are fun.
__________________
Catherine
http://www.sugarfreedom.com
Fitness is Freedom.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 05-17-2013, 06:33 PM
RobB's Avatar
RobB RobB is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 11,441
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pageboy9 View Post
Aren't we the same age?

At any rate, nothing works like this training system (TT/HWR). As TT/HWR becomes more famous I predict a strong demand for CTTs who can demonstrate and safely teach the exercises and techniques.
I dont think so. I am just about 60.......
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 05-19-2013, 12:49 PM
pageboy9's Avatar
pageboy9 pageboy9 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 1,677
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobB View Post
I dont think so. I am just about 60.......
That's the new 30.

Seriously, though it is so exciting to see age mean less and less in terms of what's possible in fitness progression. Staying healthy in terms of preventing injury is the name of the game. Barring that, when we do run into trouble we need good physical therapy so that we can heal up and keep going.

We need all the over 50, 60, 70, 80, and beyond role models we can get in the gym.

Never give up my friend.
__________________
Catherine
http://www.sugarfreedom.com
Fitness is Freedom.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 05-20-2013, 01:34 PM
concetta27 concetta27 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Budd Lake, NJ
Posts: 3,917
Default

Did you have fun on the webcast? It was great watching you and Craig interact.
Concetta
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 05-20-2013, 01:49 PM
RobB's Avatar
RobB RobB is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 11,441
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by concetta27 View Post
Did you have fun on the webcast? It was great watching you and Craig interact.
Concetta
I agree........What a Turblence Training success story!
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:42 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
2006-2008 TTMembers.com All Rights Reserved. Reproduction without permission prohibited.