TT Members Forum  
Home | Discussion Forums | TTmembers.com Tour | Search | Member Area

Go Back   TT Members Forum > Transformation Contests > 17th Transformation Contest
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-29-2013, 07:59 PM
Administrator

Just a little reminder to myself to read this when i have a chance

http://www.consumerismcommentary.com...rom-investing/
Old 04-30-2013, 02:08 AM

Wow,

Craig, you know how to plan, you are so clear and specific, amazing. Something worth learning.

So good luck with Trophy hunting and best wishes.
Joanna
Old 04-30-2013, 06:58 AM
Administrator

Great Great plan Craig. It's funny you mention financial transformation because I have learned so much about expenses and so forth since starting my own business. My business partner, who is a VP of a major corporation, has taught me so much about managing money how to maximize the most out of your earnings. I feel very fortunate to learn from others who have so much to offer. I look forward to seeing and learning from your transformation as well.

On a side note, have you thought about ever moving outside of Canada? Just curious.
Old 04-30-2013, 09:17 AM

Hey Craig,

Let's look at what you're already doing right when it comes to money. You pay more for experiences than you pay for "things". I suspect the fine restaurants and hotels have been part of some delightful memories for you. There are few things that are more fun than to look around you, see that your friends and companions are having a great time, and to know that you've helped to create that experience.

Please re-read "A Christmas Carol" by Charles Dickens. It's very short and it will inform your spending powerfully I suspect. Do keep track of the mindless silly spending- like three dollar water, so that you can continue to enjoy spending on what's important.

On I practical note, I'm in the middle of figuring out iBank for my Macs. I happen to spend too much on "stuff".
Old 04-30-2013, 11:00 AM
Administrator

No plans to leave Canada for the next 15 years, as of right now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanielWoodrum View Post
Great Great plan Craig. It's funny you mention financial transformation because I have learned so much about expenses and so forth since starting my own business. My business partner, who is a VP of a major corporation, has taught me so much about managing money how to maximize the most out of your earnings. I feel very fortunate to learn from others who have so much to offer. I look forward to seeing and learning from your transformation as well.

On a side note, have you thought about ever moving outside of Canada? Just curious.
Old 04-30-2013, 04:34 PM
Administrator

Good day of work. Lots of meetings and phone coaching. Also some banking. Good call with my financial adviser (and close friend) about getting set-up with an online stock investment service. Fewer expenses.

Business Expenses
$597 - Fit Body Bootcamp Mastermind payment for my partner, Ray Ortiz, Certified Turbulence Trainer
$117 - Website artwork
$500 - UPS costs for shipping contest winner checks, plus other errands
$1345 - Mike Whitfield filming expenses from weekend

Discretionary Spending
None

Money Saved today
$20 - I held off on buying Paleo bread after seeing an ad for it on Facebook. I don't need it. I'll probably buy it eventually, but I didn't today.

Also made a long overdue change to my cell phone travel plan...I was wasting a lot of money each month by not having the best roaming plan. Very wasteful.

Kind of like drinking soda...everyone knows not to do it, but they think, "whatever, no big deal".

And then when they quit soda, boom. Massive weight loss. This could save me $100 per month. Still not going to make anyone rich, but it makes me feel a lot S-M-R-T-R.

Travel day tomorrow.

Heading to Orlando for a business seminar.

Stay strong,

Craig
Old 05-01-2013, 05:44 AM

I'm off to see a financial adviser on Friday with my wife. We're trying to get many of the things you mention in order ourselves.

Our finances are a mess. We definitely need professional help!

Ha.... in other news. Howz that 5x5 workout coming along?
Old 05-01-2013, 05:54 AM

Yes, im excited for 5x5
Old 05-01-2013, 06:41 AM
Administrator

5x5 out in a few hours!
Old 05-01-2013, 06:41 AM
Administrator

“Realize that the journey to millions of dollars is earned $100 at a time. You must be willing to accept this fact to move your financial life forward. Your financial life is like a train that has stalled. And right now, you want to be driving it at 100 miles an hour. But it can't go from zero to 100 miles an hour in no time flat. Inertia is against you. Be happy with 10 miles an hour now... and then 20... and then 30. This is how wealth accumulates: gradually at first, but eventually at lightning speed.” – Mark Ford

PS - “The man is richest whose pleasures are the cheapest.” – Henry David Thoreau