TT Members Forum  
Home | Discussion Forums | TTmembers.com Tour | Search | Member Area

Go Back   TT Members Forum > Transformation Contests > 17th Transformation Contest
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-26-2012, 11:26 AM
Administrator

Default Craig's Gluten-Free 90 Days

"Joining" the latest Transformation Contest myself.

Here are just a few of my ‘resolutions’ starting today.

1) Health: Follow a strict gluten-free diet (according to Dr. Peter Osborne’s methods). After testing positive for gluten-sensitivity back in June, I’ve done quite well in sticking to an advanced plan, but things got a little messy in December. So after Christmas Dinner, I started a strict plan for the next 90-days. It won’t be hard, but should be a learning experience.

2) Wealth: Recruit 200,000 people to the 1st ETR $100,000 Transformation Contest and sell over 21, 246 units of the new TT Home Workout Revolution Videos.

3) Wisdom: Learn to play chess (personal goal) and take up BJJ (suggested by Bedros). I’ve already watched a 10-minute youtube video on chess, so I’m ready for Kasparov.

“Don’t be afraid to ask for help.” – Bedros Keuilian
Old 12-26-2012, 11:35 AM
Administrator

Today's workout: Squats, box jumps, leg curls, lunges.

Diet change: Cutting out "carrageenan" from diet. That means no more chocolate milk after training. And worse, no more using Almond Breeze in my blender drinks.

Today's blender drink was: water, 1/2 avocado, prograde vanilla protein, frozen spinach, blueberries.

Actually turned out not too bad.
Old 12-26-2012, 07:56 PM

Just started playing chess when Colin went back to school. He's teaching me with Van's help. You will love it I know as thinking three moves ahead probably comes naturally to you.

The studio re-opens on the 2nd, and I'm sure I'll have several students in both ETR and this contest. They are fantastic motivators.
Old 12-27-2012, 06:38 AM
Administrator

Excellent to hear! We might have to have a game in San Diego.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pageboy9 View Post
Just started playing chess when Colin went back to school. He's teaching me with Van's help. You will love it I know as thinking three moves ahead probably comes naturally to you.

The studio re-opens on the 2nd, and I'm sure I'll have several students in both ETR and this contest. They are fantastic motivators.
Old 12-27-2012, 06:38 AM
Administrator

Great day of nutrition yesterday...over 8 servings of vegetables (2 each of beets, broccoli, cauliflower, spinach) and 10 servings of fruit (apples, banana, oranges, blueberries, avocado) plus lots of almonds and good protein sources (eggs and beef). Lots of water too, and no caffeine, plus a great sleep and workout. And dog walks!
Old 12-27-2012, 11:47 AM
Administrator

Today's Lesson:

Two fold.

First, I confirmed that I don't need almond millk or milk of any kind to make a good, thick shake. You can do so with water and avocado.

Second, YES, you can make an orange creamsicle shake from the following ingredients:

- 8oz water
- 1/2 small avocado
- 1 juicy orange
- 2 scoops vanilla protein
- giant handful of frozen spinach (I prefer using frozen)

That's it. It was tremendous. Had that for breakfast along with 2 ounces of almonds and a spoonful of natural, chunky peanut butter.
Old 12-28-2012, 11:28 AM
Administrator

Walked the dog, had an Athletic Greens drink, and then did my workout.

Today's blender drink...we'll call this one, "Pretty Good but NOT Enough Strawberries LOL"
- 8oz water
- vanilla protein powder
- 1/2 small avocado
- big handful of frozen spinach
- frozen strawberries

Had this alongside 2oz raw almonds and a spoonful of natural peanut butter
Old 12-28-2012, 02:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Ballantyne View Post
Today's Lesson:

Two fold.

First, I confirmed that I don't need almond millk or milk of any kind to make a good, thick shake. You can do so with water and avocado.

Second, YES, you can make an orange creamsicle shake from the following ingredients:

- 8oz water
- 1/2 small avocado
- 1 juicy orange
- 2 scoops vanilla protein
- giant handful of frozen spinach (I prefer using frozen)

That's it. It was tremendous. Had that for breakfast along with 2 ounces of almonds and a spoonful of natural, chunky peanut butter.
I tried this one for breakfast this morning. My little travel magic bullet didn't chop up the spinach very well so I chewed most of the shake. It was very good though. Thanks for the recipes.

“You can’t always be the fastest or the strongest, but you can always try the hardest.” - sign in Jay Ferruggia's Renegade Gym
Old 12-28-2012, 05:08 PM

Yeah I've got a buddy who can't use spinach since his blender can't handle it. I use fresh baby spinach every day and love it, I find it actually makes the shake creamier. I bought one of those super-duper expensive vita-mix blenders. Works great, trying to get my money out of it with shakes almost every day. Maybe if I start adding gravel and rocks to my shakes I will get my money out of it faster.

By the way Craig that day-of-nutrition really did sound impressive.

Mark
Old 12-29-2012, 06:52 AM
Administrator

Cool feedback Mark. One way to really test that thing would be to make your own almond milk. I've never tried it in my $75 blender.

As for that nutrition day, that's normal...the F&V intake breaks down like this:

7am Athletic Greens Drink

After training blender drink: frozen spinach (probably 2-3 servings), 1-2 servings of fruit (either blueberries, raspberries, strawberries, or an apple - plus 1/2 a banana or 1/2 avocado to thicken shake)...plus protein powder...and this is had with 2oz almonds, a spoonful of a nut butter, and often an apple (if i don't blend the apple). Plus fish oil.

BTW, I read that if you steam your spinach, you can get in even more servings and perhaps its easier on the blender to mix up?

lunch: 1-2 servings steamed broccoli with salsa (bonus additional serving there) and an apple...sometimes also raw vegetables or vegetables in omelet...i almost always have 4 eggs for lunch, usually hardboiled. Often more almonds and another spoonful of nut butter.

afternoon - either an apple or banana or raw vegetables or pecans or walnuts

dinner (largest meal) - usually a large steak or ground beef with giant skillet of onions, mushrooms, and zucchini, plus side of steamed broccoli and 1/2 avocado, plus 2 glasses of red wine (when i'm in toronto or on the road traveling...no drinking when visiting out on the farm)

Dessert Options:
- 2 spoonfuls of nut butter + handful of blueberries
- 3 dates + 1 spoonful nut butter
- an apple + 1 spoonful nut butter

(i've probably had broccoli every day for the last 20 years - missing only 100-200 days total...and at least every week since i was 5...my mom got me to like it by loading it with butter, and now i just like it on its own)

Supplements
Athletic Greens Drink at 7am
Probiotic pill at 4am (and again with dinner)
3-6g vitamin C
glucosamine
fish oil
curcumin (supposed to be anti-inflammatory...Berardi got me on this...no idea if it helps)

The Result:
I feel, act, move, and train like I'm 17. But I'm 37. I also sleep better now. Might even be leaner now.