TT Members Forum  
Home | Discussion Forums | TTmembers.com Tour | Search | Member Area

Go Back   TT Members Forum > Transformation Contests > 16th Transformation Contest
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-23-2013, 07:15 AM
Administrator

Nice work, enjoy that hike!
Old 03-05-2013, 08:55 AM

Just checking in. Still not on track. Biggest issue is not sleeping. It's derailing a lot of my goals. I'm still eating very clean, but don't have the energy to workout much. I'm managing to squeeze in a workout every few days.

I saw a Dr. about my sleep issues and she prescribed sleeping pills but being that I'm a recovery alcoholic I don't want to take them. I actually never filled the prescription. The last thing I need is another addiction or to start sleep-driving or cutting firewood at 2am.

I'm going to a sleep clinic in a couple of weeks. Meanwhile, I'm working on meditating and trying to calm my heart and mind down. Stress at home hasn't let up so I need to find a good way to process it without it ruining my life.

Afraid I'm not going to do well in TC16. That's ok, I want to change my lifestyle for the long haul and not just to win a contest. Learning to work through life's challenges without resorting to drugs and alcohol is more important than getting below 10% body fat. I'm going to focus much of my energy on the big issues of relationships, being a husband and father. I'm not giving up on my health, but need to make sure my priorities are in order.

I wish the rest of you all the best. Hope you're reaching your goals and kickin some fat in the butt.

“You can’t always be the fastest or the strongest, but you can always try the hardest.” - sign in Jay Ferruggia's Renegade Gym
Old 03-05-2013, 01:40 PM

John, take care of yourself. Sleep is so vital. The contest isn't important, but your goals are. Care for your family, eat well, exercise when you can. We are here for you, keep in touch. Best to you, Concetta
Old 03-05-2013, 04:25 PM

Whoa, gear down and take baby steps, there, Jb!

All of this is just a work in progress. Like a quote in Quick Important tips of the Day a couple of days ago, states: . "Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending." - Maria Robinson.

You are on the right track with the lifestyle change mindset, and you know you can do it. You will overcome your sleep/stress issues and be better for it. Stay to the course as much as possible and let things work themselves out a little bit.

You are better than booze, pills and cigars AND you know that!
Take care,
Rob
Old 03-11-2013, 06:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jollybeggar View Post
Just checking in. Still not on track. Biggest issue is not sleeping. It's derailing a lot of my goals. I'm still eating very clean, but don't have the energy to workout much. I'm managing to squeeze in a workout every few days.

I saw a Dr. about my sleep issues and she prescribed sleeping pills but being that I'm a recovery alcoholic I don't want to take them. I actually never filled the prescription. The last thing I need is another addiction or to start sleep-driving or cutting firewood at 2am.

I'm going to a sleep clinic in a couple of weeks. Meanwhile, I'm working on meditating and trying to calm my heart and mind down. Stress at home hasn't let up so I need to find a good way to process it without it ruining my life.

Afraid I'm not going to do well in TC16. That's ok, I want to change my lifestyle for the long haul and not just to win a contest. Learning to work through life's challenges without resorting to drugs and alcohol is more important than getting below 10% body fat. I'm going to focus much of my energy on the big issues of relationships, being a husband and father. I'm not giving up on my health, but need to make sure my priorities are in order.

I wish the rest of you all the best. Hope you're reaching your goals and kickin some fat in the butt.
Sorry to hear about your woes John. A few people at work have quit the smokes recently and a couple of them suffered insomnia as a result. A can relate as I suffered from severe insomnia when I quit the codeine. That lack of sleep was the thing that made me want to give up more than anything else. I was in tears some days but I persevered and sleep came back to me in time.

Right now sleep and your family should be your priority because without them nothing much else matter anyway.

Keep on persevering mate and you will get back on track, hopefully sooner than you think.