TT Members Forum  
Home | Discussion Forums | TTmembers.com Tour | Search | Member Area

Go Back   TT Members Forum > Transformation Contests > 16th Transformation Contest
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-08-2013, 10:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by peterj01 View Post
How tall are you and what do you weigh?

Those calorie figures seem a bit low to me if you want to put on some muscle.

However the goal of bulking up seems to contradict you goal of getting below 10% bf. If I were you I would concentrate all my efforts into dropping below 10% first and then when you achieve that change your focus to muscle gain.

Just my two cents worth.
Thanks Peter, your logic makes sense. I'll focus on getting below 10% first.

Thanks Rob and Ariane

Day 10 without a cigar. Day 22 without a cc purchase.

Back on the paleo eating style and doing well. Steak and veggies the past 2 days, no obvious gluten. Also trying most of Craig's shake recipes he posts. Using raw goat milk instead of water.

Did workout 1 of BDHG yesterday. Flying home to MI today and will do B when I get home.

Doing really well. No bad cigar cravings for a couple of days. Know it won't last but the longer I'm clean, the easier it will get.

“You can’t always be the fastest or the strongest, but you can always try the hardest.” - sign in Jay Ferruggia's Renegade Gym
Old 01-08-2013, 10:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jollybeggar View Post
Thanks Peter, your logic makes sense. I'll focus on getting below 10% first.

Thanks Rob and Ariane

Day 10 without a cigar. Day 22 without a cc purchase.

Back on the paleo eating style and doing well. Steak and veggies the past 2 days, no obvious gluten. Also trying most of Craig's shake recipes he posts. Using raw goat milk instead of water.

Did workout 1 of BDHG yesterday. Flying home to MI today and will do B when I get home.

Doing really well. No bad cigar cravings for a couple of days. Know it won't last but the longer I'm clean, the easier it will get.
My wife made lasagna last night........I like it, but geez, not the best stuff to eat, but eat it anyway so I dont start a war!
Old 01-08-2013, 10:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobB View Post
My wife made lasagna last night........I like it, but geez, not the best stuff to eat, but eat it anyway so I dont start a war!
We've made it with gluten free noodles, not too bad. On their own probably pretty bad, but surround it with beef, onions, tomatoes and cheese and it's fine. Just offer to help cook next time and sneak them in.

“You can’t always be the fastest or the strongest, but you can always try the hardest.” - sign in Jay Ferruggia's Renegade Gym
Old 01-09-2013, 07:42 AM

Proud of myself yesterday. Back in MI for the rest of the week and went to the gym last night. The gym I belong to is right next to the cigar store I used to frequent. I drove up and saw the blinking neon sign "screaming" open but focused on my goals and hit the gym without a second thought.

Usually I'd workout and then get a cigar for the drive home. I know, not the best workout "finisher" or "cool down" program to follow. It's nice not having to brush my teeth 7 times a day , or always sucking on cough drops or Altoids so I don't have yak breath.

Poor BDHG workout B yesterday, today's an active rest day and then I'll hit workout C of BDHG's tomorrow.

23 days without a CC purchase.

Been slacking on Rosetta Stone though.

Old 01-09-2013, 08:58 AM

Quote:
Proud of myself yesterday. Back in MI for the rest of the week and went to the gym last night. The gym I belong to is right next to the cigar store I used to frequent. I drove up and saw the blinking neon sign "screaming" open but focused on my goals and hit the gym without a second thought.

Usually I'd workout and then get a cigar for the drive home. I know, not the best workout "finisher" or "cool down" program to follow. It's nice not having to brush my teeth 7 times a day , or always sucking on cough drops or Altoids so I don't have yak breath.

Poor BDHG workout B yesterday, today's an active rest day and then I'll hit workout C of BDHG's tomorrow.

23 days without a CC purchase.

Been slacking on Rosetta Stone though.
Great job Jb......we'll give ya a pass on Rosetta!
Old 01-09-2013, 07:46 PM

Off day intervals today. My wife did 20/10 so the timer was set to up already.

18 intervals of alternating jump rump and box jumps
8 intervals of alternating break dancers and mt climbers
16 intervals of alternating jump rope, (ha! just noticed my first entry says jump rump, not sure what those are and pretty sure I don't want to know), box jumps, mt climbers, plank.

Soaked in the hot tub and then sweated in the sauna. Finished with foam rolling. Now hitting the Rosetta Stone to catch up on lost time there.

No cigar today and no cc purchases.

Oh, made a protein shake with goat milk, orange and chocolate protein powder...horrible. Not doing that one again.

Old 01-10-2013, 11:47 AM
Administrator

Your cigars are my coke zeros. Just a bad habit. Stay strong.

And great signature!
Old 01-10-2013, 04:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Ballantyne View Post
Your cigars are my coke zeros. Just a bad habit. Stay strong.

And great signature!
Thanks Craig, I admittedly stole it from your page. Very good quote.

Day 12 without a cigar. Doing fairly well, cravings not too bad. Staying busy, working hard and eating clean. Did C of BDHG today, great workout.

Picked up a book, Advancements in Functional Training, but I used my iTunes gift card so no cc purchases today either. Want to do some more digging on getting and keeping my shoulders and knees working well. Both are a little wonky right now.

Things are pretty stressful right now. We sold our house in MI and it's a done deal. No other hoops to jump through. Put an offer on a place in TN but still haven't heard back from the owner regarding our offer. We have to be out of MI in 5-6 weeks and so far, don't have a place to live and since we have a bunch of farm animals, makes it kinda nerve racking.

I'm just hoping for the best and planning as best we can, stressing over it won't help any thing so I'll just keep pressing on.

I'm off to study some Spanish.

Old 01-10-2013, 06:50 PM

Just heard back. We got our dream house in TN. Lots of acreage, 2 barns for our critters, big house with a pond (not in the house, but next to it).

Ok, we can breath a little easier now. Still lots of work to do but at least we know we have somewhere to live.

Old 01-11-2013, 04:36 PM

Quote:
Just heard back. We got our dream house in TN. Lots of acreage, 2 barns for our critters, big house with a pond (not in the house, but next to it).

Ok, we can breath a little easier now. Still lots of work to do but at least we know we have somewhere to live.
Nice. Congrats!