TT Members Forum  
Home | Discussion Forums | TTmembers.com Tour | Search | Member Area

Go Back   TT Members Forum > Transformation Contests > 16th Transformation Contest
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-31-2012, 08:18 PM

Thanks Rob & Peter, really appreciate the encouragement. Thanks for being open with your struggles Peter. When I was in rehab there were quite a few folks in there with prescription med issues...basically their synthetic heroin.

I'm on day 3 without a cigar. Had to run to town to run errands and go shopping so I took my son with me.

Eating really clean today, staying on the vegetarian gig for this month to see how my body does with it. Based on how I look and feel at the end of Jan, I'll reassess and go from there.

No cc purchases. Looking at picking up Dr. Osborn's gluten free program but I'm saving up for it.

Did BDHG this evening, details in the workout journal forum.

Playing games with the family tonight and watching movies. Heading to TN tomorrow with my wife and youngest daughter to look at homes. We finally sold our place here in MI, only took 3 years, so no more commuting from MI to TN twice a month.

Hope everyone has a fantastic new year. Stay safe and have fun.

“You can’t always be the fastest or the strongest, but you can always try the hardest.” - sign in Jay Ferruggia's Renegade Gym
Old 01-02-2013, 04:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jollybeggar View Post
Thanks Rob & Peter, really appreciate the encouragement. Thanks for being open with your struggles Peter. When I was in rehab there were quite a few folks in there with prescription med issues...basically their synthetic heroin.

I'm on day 3 without a cigar. Had to run to town to run errands and go shopping so I took my son with me.

Eating really clean today, staying on the vegetarian gig for this month to see how my body does with it. Based on how I look and feel at the end of Jan, I'll reassess and go from there.

No cc purchases. Looking at picking up Dr. Osborn's gluten free program but I'm saving up for it.

Did BDHG this evening, details in the workout journal forum.

Playing games with the family tonight and watching movies. Heading to TN tomorrow with my wife and youngest daughter to look at homes. We finally sold our place here in MI, only took 3 years, so no more commuting from MI to TN twice a month.

Hope everyone has a fantastic new year. Stay safe and have fun.
Great stuff. Your back on track and that single cigar is but a blip on the radar.
Old 01-02-2013, 08:52 PM

Thanks Peter....

Day 5 without a cigar. Doing pretty well, not "jonesing" too badly for one for awhile.

Ditched the vegetarian gig as I was eating too many carbs, I did really well on the Paleo diet so I'm going back to that. It's much easier for me to eat clean paleo than vegetarian.

Off day today, did workout B of TDHG yesterday. My chestacles and biceps are pretty sore today. Flying to Portland tomorrow so will do workout C & D at the hotel gym.

No CC purchases since I started TC16. Still haven't picked back up with learning Spanish since vacation. Will start it tomorrow.

“You can’t always be the fastest or the strongest, but you can always try the hardest.” - sign in Jay Ferruggia's Renegade Gym
Old 01-03-2013, 11:04 PM

Day 6 without a cigar. A little tough today so I worked on staying busy. Did workout C of BDHG in the hotel gym. Details in the workout log forum.

No cc purchases. Working on selling our home and relocating to Nashville so really motivated to save as repair and moving expenses will start soon.

Started up Rosetta Stone tonight.

On a good track, one day at a time.

Old 01-06-2013, 10:30 AM

Day 8 without a cigar. Having "hot flashes" here and there but I'm motivated to power through it.

Missed my scheduled workout on Fri but made up for it on Sat. Good workout and great finisher. Eating is going well. Really like being back on Paleo. Eating more like a meat head right now but will clean it up soon.

No CC purchases since contest started.

Rosetta Stone going well.

Old 01-06-2013, 10:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jollybeggar View Post
Day 8 without a cigar. Having "hot flashes" here and there but I'm motivated to power through it.

Missed my scheduled workout on Fri but made up for it on Sat. Good workout and great finisher. Eating is going well. Really like being back on Paleo. Eating more like a meat head right now but will clean it up soon.

No CC purchases since contest started.

Rosetta Stone going well.
Doing awesome!
Old 01-06-2013, 11:21 AM

Thanks Peter!

Ok, I just realized that some of my last post was pretty lame. "I'll start cleaning it up soon". That's the perfect recipe for failure. I just realized I don't have my plan laid out very well. I know what I want to do but without a strict set of guidelines, I fail.

My goal is to use the first month to "bulk" up a little so hence the "eating like a meat head". So what I'm starting today is tracking my food and setting a goal of 2300 calories per day. Then on month 2, I'll drop to 2000 per day and then month 3 of 1800.

Hopefully that will help me put on some bulk. Appreciate anyone's input.

Old 01-06-2013, 11:49 AM

How tall are you and what do you weigh?

Those calorie figures seem a bit low to me if you want to put on some muscle.

However the goal of bulking up seems to contradict you goal of getting below 10% bf. If I were you I would concentrate all my efforts into dropping below 10% first and then when you achieve that change your focus to muscle gain.

Just my two cents worth.
Old 01-07-2013, 07:03 AM

Nice to see you again - go go goooo!
Old 01-07-2013, 09:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariane View Post
Nice to see you again - go go goooo!
Ol Jolly is "on it"!!!!!