TT Members Forum  
Home | Discussion Forums | TTmembers.com Tour | Search | Member Area

Go Back   TT Members Forum > Transformation Contests > 16th Transformation Contest
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-21-2013, 01:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pageboy9 View Post
I'm not trying to be perfect.... really!

But this morning I threw away three unopened packs of Trident. Have you read the ingredients lately? Phew!

I have heard that if I completely let the sweet stuff go- that the craving for sweet stuff will completely go away. Wouldn't that be "loverly"

I also poured half a bottle of pretty good chardonnay down the sink on Sunday morning. Four hours later the San Francisco 49ers won the AFC Championship, and I sure didn't need alcohol to enjoy that!

The key on leaving sugar, flour, and alcohol behind is this: I must replace them with something better. This is the great challenge.
I am the same way with the Trident. Tried to chew it at night, mainly, but I kept wanting more sweets. Not being much to cook, I have been slicing fuji apples up, sprinkle with cinnamon and put in the microwave for a minute or so. Warm and sweet taste......if you find something that works for you, please share it!!!!!!!!!!!! Rob
Old 01-22-2013, 01:09 PM

Quote:
I like that finisher you did the other day. I'm always looking for good ones for my class. More and more I like the idea of no equipment or just one piece... like a kettle bell!
Finished with Mikey inspired finisher:
10-TBE
10-X-body mt climber
10-Jumping jacks
5x
Thanks Catherine. Have to keep pushing myself or I will get lazy. With all the ideas around the forum, we will never lack for workouts. KBs are perfect finishers. Keep up the great work at your gym. So very inspiring to read. Concetta
Old 01-22-2013, 03:30 PM
Administrator

Great changes, Catherine. Stay strong.
Old 02-02-2013, 11:43 AM

Default TT Summit= ACE Re-Certification

I finally uploaded my CEC credits from the 2nd Annual Turbulence Training Summit. Turns out they completed my requirements for the next two years!

Thanks, Craig, Lesa, and your whole team for helping me get that task completed.

Another 1/2 pound down this week, and my new bikini came. It's bright green. Oh boy, gonna make some waves with this one. Not bad for a lady who is going to be 49 at the end of April.

Stay strong. It's all worth it.
Old 02-04-2013, 12:38 PM

Quote:
I finally uploaded my CEC credits from the 2nd Annual Turbulence Training Summit. Turns out they completed my requirements for the next two years!
Thanks, Craig, Lesa, and your whole team for helping me get that task completed.
Another 1/2 pound down this week, and my new bikini came. It's bright green. Oh boy, gonna make some waves with this one. Not bad for a lady who is going to be 49 at the end of April.
Stay strong. It's all worth it.
Great work on all accounts! 49 is just a number. Continued success. Concetta
Old 02-12-2013, 09:31 AM

Default Ab-solution

Time to get serious. In eight days I'll be at the halfway point and I'm going to take some pictures.

I've been using a wave pattern of keeping carbs quite low during the week. It's really easy because I rarely want to overeat before my classes.

On the weekends I loosen the reins a bit, and this has been good for my attitude. I'm actually going over maintenance but still losing half a pound a week.

I think this is a good way of establishing my lifestyle plan. To be more specific, I add in fruit, nuts, more dairy, and some nut butter on the weekend. I think this could work for a lifetime.
Old 02-12-2013, 12:40 PM
Administrator

Awesome work and great to hear about the TT credits helping you out!

We'll have to get you back on stage to talk about your business and transformation at the 3rd Summit. You've made huge strides in the last year!

Quote:
Time to get serious. In eight days I'll be at the halfway point and I'm going to take some pictures.

I've been using a wave pattern of keeping carbs quite low during the week. It's really easy because I rarely want to overeat before my classes.

On the weekends I loosen the reins a bit, and this has been good for my attitude. I'm actually going over maintenance but still losing half a pound a week.

I think this is a good way of establishing my lifestyle plan. To be more specific, I add in fruit, nuts, more dairy, and some nut butter on the weekend. I think this could work for a lifetime.
Old 02-13-2013, 01:29 PM

Quote:
I know this could work for a lifetime. You are an inspiration. Stealing this plan.
Thanks Catherine. Concetta
Old 02-20-2013, 10:54 AM

Default The Lifetime Plan Is Working!

Making steady progress these days. As of yesterday, I finally broke through the plateau I've been bumping up against ever since I started my training business. I had to figure out a balance for how much I was training, eating, and recovering.

What I've learned is that it doesn't matter how much you cut your calories or increase your work output. The human body is wired for survival, and if you push it too hard and get too impatient for results it will push back!

Ever since "The Greatest Loser" came on the air we've been subject to a great fallacy in the world of physical transformation and fat/weight loss. That fallacy is this: That linear weight loss all the way to goal is possible through constant calorie restriction and exercise at the very upper limit of the trainee's ability. The only reason this works for the contestants is that they are forced to comply through the outrageous pressure of worldwide on-camera scrutiny. The consequences of failure are so dire for them, that they can overcome even the strongest of the body's urges of self-preservation.

The rest of us live in the real world where cravings can be satisfied at any hour of the day. Real world human beings like us need a different strategy.

What is that strategy? Here it is for me and my students.

Ask the body to change, but ask nicely.

Increase physical effort, and adjust nutrition rationally by increasing activities that burn fat, and reducing foods that store fat.

The technique really is that simple, but the execution of that technique takes a high amount of skill, patience, and maturity in the real world. In addition, optimal physical training combines work with play and enjoyment, and optimal eating combines nutrition with enjoyment as well. We are not locked in some metabolic ward being forced to comply with the program, so we have to tame our subconscious desires with finesse.

Here is the strategy that has worked for me.

#1. Eliminate trigger foods whenever possible to the best of my ability.
#2. Eat wholesome nutritionally dense foods at 3 meals a day, with breakfast as the largest and most important meal.
#3. During the work week, all meals are consumed before 3PM allowing for what amounts to an intermittent fast of 16 hours on average.

The result? Outstanding amounts of energy and fat loss of 1/2 pound a week. Once weight and body fat are within a healthy range, I think that it takes a rational patient approach to bring the body into "Ideal" territory. You can certainly lose weight with the eat less and less move more and more strategy, but it won't give you a great body- just a lighter one.
Old 02-20-2013, 03:03 PM

Quote:
Making steady progress these days. As of yesterday, I finally broke through the plateau I've been bumping up against ever since I started my training business. I had to figure out a balance for how much I was training, eating, and recovering.

What I've learned is that it doesn't matter how much you cut your calories or increase your work output. The human body is wired for survival, and if you push it too hard and get too impatient for results it will push back!

Ever since "The Greatest Loser" came on the air we've been subject to a great fallacy in the world of physical transformation and fat/weight loss. That fallacy is this: That linear weight loss all the way to goal is possible through constant calorie restriction and exercise at the very upper limit of the trainee's ability. The only reason this works for the contestants is that they are forced to comply through the outrageous pressure of worldwide on-camera scrutiny. The consequences of failure are so dire for them, that they can overcome even the strongest of the body's urges of self-preservation.

The rest of us live in the real world where cravings can be satisfied at any hour of the day. Real world human beings like us need a different strategy.

What is that strategy? Here it is for me and my students.

Ask the body to change, but ask nicely.

Increase physical effort, and adjust nutrition rationally by increasing activities that burn fat, and reducing foods that store fat.

The technique really is that simple, but the execution of that technique takes a high amount of skill, patience, and maturity in the real world. In addition, optimal physical training combines work with play and enjoyment, and optimal eating combines nutrition with enjoyment as well. We are not locked in some metabolic ward being forced to comply with the program, so we have to tame our subconscious desires with finesse.

Here is the strategy that has worked for me.

#1. Eliminate trigger foods whenever possible to the best of my ability.
#2. Eat wholesome nutritionally dense foods at 3 meals a day, with breakfast as the largest and most important meal.
#3. During the work week, all meals are consumed before 3PM allowing for what amounts to an intermittent fast of 16 hours on average.

The result? Outstanding amounts of energy and fat loss of 1/2 pound a week. Once weight and body fat are within a healthy range, I think that it takes a rational patient approach to bring the body into "Ideal" territory. You can certainly lose weight with the eat less and less move more and more strategy, but it won't give you a great body- just a lighter one.
#3. During the work week, all meals are consumed before 3PM allowing for what amounts to an intermittent fast of 16 hours on average...........

I have been doing the same thing for over 30 days now. Except my 16 hours is on the other end. I have read a couple of studies done, where, contrary to what Mom used to say - "breakfast is the most important meal of the day"......that may not be so.........I have been skipping breakfast, after many years of about a 500-600 cal breakfast. Anyway, the 16 hour (average-sometimes more-sometimes less) seems to be working for me.....I think a lot of it involves just changing the mindset and habits....thanks for your insight!