TT Members Forum  
Home | Discussion Forums | TTmembers.com Tour | Search | Member Area

Go Back   TT Members Forum > Transformation Contests > 16th Transformation Contest
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #11  
Old 01-09-2013, 02:18 PM
concetta27 concetta27 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Budd Lake, NJ
Posts: 3,932
Default

The more the merrier. Welcome Sandra! Lets make this the best TT contest ever! Concetta
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 01-16-2013, 03:35 PM
pageboy9's Avatar
pageboy9 pageboy9 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 1,677
Default

Pics tomorrow!

Whew, what a start to the new year. Had my biggest TT and Zumba classes ever this week. This is pretty typical from what I have heard.

Also as of today, I weigh and measure the same as I did at the end of contest #15. In other words, the holiday bloat and fat gain are gone.

Turbulence Training is still a mystery to people who come across our studio. They have an idea about Crossfit, Body Pump, P90X... As soon as they try TT though, they get it right away. Everybody likes the shorter class, getting sore without getting thrashed, and the results. Inches are being lost and bodies are re-shaping all over the place. (Although the scale sometimes moves very slowly at first.)

Personally, as long as I keep sugar and grains out of my diet, my appetite is well managed and I have plenty of energy.

I hope everybody is off to a good beginning.
__________________
Catherine
http://www.sugarfreedom.com
Fitness is Freedom.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 01-17-2013, 06:30 AM
Craig Ballantyne's Avatar
Craig Ballantyne Craig Ballantyne is offline
Administrator
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 29,150
Default

That is really fantastic, Catherine! Thank you for spreading the word!
__________________
Craig Ballantyne, CTT
Certified Turbulence Trainer
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 01-18-2013, 02:43 PM
pageboy9's Avatar
pageboy9 pageboy9 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 1,677
Default Return of the White Bikini

I read on another thread that those of us who placed previous TT Contests were eligible to enter the ETR contest, with the caveat that our transformations need to show further progress without relapse.

This morning, I got out the original swimsuit I wore in 2008, and I was so happy to see that I have maintained my transformation, and that I do look like I'm within striking distance of the ultimate shape I want to be in. Certainly I've added muscle over the past four and a half years, so I shouldn't be surprised that, although my weight is 127, think I look the same as I did at 123.

The real reason I keep entering is that these 12 week challenges are awesome when you use them for maintenance and continuing improvement. That and the fact that he support here is the best: kind, thoughtful, and well informed.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ETR Before.jpg (29.2 KB, 23 views)
__________________
Catherine
http://www.sugarfreedom.com
Fitness is Freedom.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 01-18-2013, 03:33 PM
RobB's Avatar
RobB RobB is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 11,522
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pageboy9 View Post
I read on another thread that those of us who placed previous TT Contests were eligible to enter the ETR contest, with the caveat that our transformations need to show further progress without relapse.

This morning, I got out the original swimsuit I wore in 2008, and I was so happy to see that I have maintained my transformation, and that I do look like I'm within striking distance of the ultimate shape I want to be in. Certainly I've added muscle over the past four and a half years, so I shouldn't be surprised that, although my weight is 127, think I look the same as I did at 123.

The real reason I keep entering is that these 12 week challenges are awesome when you use them for maintenance and continuing improvement. That and the fact that he support here is the best: kind, thoughtful, and well informed.
You look great, Catherine.....and yes, I wouldn't let the scale "overrule" your mindset and your appearance. Like you said yourself, you put on more muscle...........Rob
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 01-18-2013, 06:16 PM
pageboy9's Avatar
pageboy9 pageboy9 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 1,677
Default

Thanks Rob.

I keep sharing this stuff because the honesty and accountability is priceless.
__________________
Catherine
http://www.sugarfreedom.com
Fitness is Freedom.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 01-18-2013, 07:46 PM
RobB's Avatar
RobB RobB is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 11,522
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pageboy9 View Post
Thanks Rob.

I keep sharing this stuff because the honesty and accountability is priceless.
No doubt about that!
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 01-19-2013, 09:26 AM
pageboy9's Avatar
pageboy9 pageboy9 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 1,677
Default

The three of us (Van, Colin, and I) went out to our favorite Italian restaurant last night. Ceasar salad, bacon wrapped sirloin, and some splendid root vegetables. I had two bites of each of these outrageous designer cupcakes Van brought home. They didn't trigger me at all, and I woke up feeling good. I think that there really is a difference in foods that are made locally by hand as opposed to those that are made by a big business.

Still, it seems very odd to me that a spoonful of mass produced peanut butter or a slice of orowheat bread will always trigger an out of control eating episode in me, but high quality treats don't. The setting is important too. When we share a treat as a family the danger is greatly reduced. Eating sweets alone is always asking for disaster in my case.

As someone who has had a distressing relationship with food from childhood, I still have to ask myself these questions when it comes to food:

Am I crazy, sick, or just weak? Yesterday I asked Van what I needed to let go of and he replied, "Trying to be perfect." So I guess I'm not crazy, sick, or weak after all. I'm just human.

Still, what we are doing here is finding a way to navigate through a sea of distraction and temptation. When we learn what works and share it, we really can make a difference.
__________________
Catherine
http://www.sugarfreedom.com
Fitness is Freedom.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 01-19-2013, 10:02 AM
RobB's Avatar
RobB RobB is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 11,522
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pageboy9 View Post
The three of us (Van, Colin, and I) went out to our favorite Italian restaurant last night. Ceasar salad, bacon wrapped sirloin, and some splendid root vegetables. I had two bites of each of these outrageous designer cupcakes Van brought home. They didn't trigger me at all, and I woke up feeling good. I think that there really is a difference in foods that are made locally by hand as opposed to those that are made by a big business.

Still, it seems very odd to me that a spoonful of mass produced peanut butter or a slice of orowheat bread will always trigger an out of control eating episode in me, but high quality treats don't. The setting is important too. When we share a treat as a family the danger is greatly reduced. Eating sweets alone is always asking for disaster in my case.

As someone who has had a distressing relationship with food from childhood, I still have to ask myself these questions when it comes to food:

Am I crazy, sick, or just weak? Yesterday I asked Van what I needed to let go of and he replied, "Trying to be perfect." So I guess I'm not crazy, sick, or weak after all. I'm just human.

Still, what we are doing here is finding a way to navigate through a sea of distraction and temptation. When we learn what works and share it, we really can make a difference.
I think Van is right.........we can try to be perfect, but try as we might.....there will always be a minor flaw, somewhere..........(but I think you are pretty close.......)
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 01-21-2013, 11:10 AM
pageboy9's Avatar
pageboy9 pageboy9 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 1,677
Default Threw The Gum Away

I'm not trying to be perfect.... really!

But this morning I threw away three unopened packs of Trident. Have you read the ingredients lately? Phew!

I have heard that if I completely let the sweet stuff go- that the craving for sweet stuff will completely go away. Wouldn't that be "loverly"

I also poured half a bottle of pretty good chardonnay down the sink on Sunday morning. Four hours later the San Francisco 49ers won the AFC Championship, and I sure didn't need alcohol to enjoy that!

The key on leaving sugar, flour, and alcohol behind is this: I must replace them with something better. This is the great challenge.
__________________
Catherine
http://www.sugarfreedom.com
Fitness is Freedom.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:53 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
2006-2008 TTMembers.com All Rights Reserved. Reproduction without permission prohibited.