TT Members Forum  
Home | Discussion Forums | TTmembers.com Tour | Search | Member Area

Go Back   TT Members Forum > Transformation Contests > 12th Transformation Contest
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-09-2011, 08:24 AM

Default Beth Davie's Entry and Essay

As a parent it was easy for me to put myself LAST! Something else always seemed to take priority and I just never got around to that wonderful thing called exercise. I've never been big on sweat or pain so it was easy to make excuses. Afterall I had so much to do and I was so tired and I just didn't have the energy.

My life goes something like this: organise kids and myself for daycare, school, work, return home, homework with kids, housework, taxi driving, volunteer youth leader at church, cook, shop, kid's bedtime, online university study, sleep and repeat. Time is stretched thin but my body is stretched wide. I ate garbage from a packet and as a comfort during stressful university assignments. I avoided mirrors and turned to make-up and nail polish to make myself feel better but it didn't actually work!

Enter Turbulence Training. Quick workouts that I can do at home. Menus and recipes for quick nutritious meals and online support if I need it. I had heard of TT before because of my husband. He challenged me to try it for real for myself instead of watching from the sidelines. Taking the fat before photos was really humiliating and after seeing the results of my self-induced neglect, I decided to TRY.

I started out at 66 kg and wearing baggy shirts and leaving the top button undone on the clothes that I could squeeze into. I began with food. NOTHING from a packet! Lean meat, salad, vegies, nuts, eggs and small amounts of good carbs at the right time. Basically anything that grows or was once alive. Fast day once a week. Six small meals a day. Cheat day once a week. An easy plan. I would cook a heap of chicken to last the day and add vegies or bread as necessary.

After I fed the kids, the t.v babysat for 40 minutes whilst I did my workout in the garage gym. I started with the TT 6 month bodyweight program phase 1. The workouts were HARD but fast. Sweat - yeh! Pain - Yes! But I felt tough! And tired AND really great! Within a week I was sleeping better. In 2 weeks I could do up the top button and after 4 weeks I could move on to phase 2. I'm working hard, feeling great and loving the challenge!

I had 2 rules - 1. No Excuses and 2. No Matter What, put on my workout clothes and at least go down to the garage and just start. Psychologically it worked. Once my clothes were on and the music started I suddenly felt ready to rock!

Now I can fit my clothes, I can tuck in my shirts again and enjoy the compliments. I feel FIT! I am full of energy, I'm nowhere near as tired as I was before and I have strength I never thought possible. I feel like I can do anything! I'm mentally strong! I don't like the taste of my old enemies - chips, crackers, cake. I've learned that a little bit goes a long way. I still crave food during the week but once I have eaten a bit of whatever it is I am craving on cheat day, I am totally satisfied until next cheat day.

Turbulence Training works! I can fit it into myvbusy schedule. It gives me guilt-free time to myself. It's just 30-40 minutes a day - me, my music and my sweat - which I somehow like, and the pain which is not really pain. Real pain is the unhappy overweight, tired woman that appears in the before photos. It's hard to believe the change that's taken place in the last 8 or so weeks! I started Turbulence Training late....I was so busy making excuses, but better late than FAT!

Now I weigh 60 kg (a loss of 13.2 pounds) and I plan to keep on going. The funny thing is that I can fit clothes at 60 kg doing TT that I couldn't fit whilst just being 60 kg without my TT fitness. My body shape has changed, my muscle mass has increased and even though the scales only say 6 kg less, my clothes tell a very different story.

Thanks Craig for Turbulence Training. It's the best. It's manageable and achievable and it has changed me, my thinking and my body. Thanks also to my husband who encouraged me to JUST TRY!

PS I'm 36 years old
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Beth Before1.jpg (97.0 KB, 46 views)
File Type: jpg Beth After2.jpg (88.0 KB, 52 views)
File Type: jpg Beth After3.jpg (91.8 KB, 34 views)
File Type: jpg Beth Before2.jpg (93.4 KB, 34 views)
File Type: jpg Beth After1.jpg (94.4 KB, 42 views)

Last edited by Jason Davie : 12-13-2011 at 08:12 PM. Reason: Added age
Old 12-09-2011, 09:02 AM

Default Charles Mclaughlin's 12 Turbulence Training Transformation Entry

I want to congratulate all TT members who participated in the 12th TT Transformation Contest. I have been very inspired to keep training hard because of your testimonials. The prize is consolation prize compared to feeling great about one's personal self esteem and outlook on life. I am naturally a very competitive person so this competition was exactly what I needed to get back into shape physically wise. I just never thought that transforming my body could also benefit me mentally as well. It is something you truly will feel once you have accomplished a feat that takes will and dedication to complete. I had previously competed in the 11th TT Transformation Contest and was ecstatic because I placed in the top three. It was great because it was the first time that I had actually completed a transformation contest. I had tried so many times in the past such as the Body for Life transformation contest. I would normally last less than a week. I just felt I couldn't afford it and I had a slim chance of winning. I don't know but for some reason I just gave the TT transformation contest all that I could. The results speak for themselves. I used the TT programs since the middle of March. I have gone from a 39" waist to a 35.25" waist. I used to weigh 206.8 lbs and I now weigh 182.5 lbs. The TT workout programs have produced some pretty remarkable results when other programs just didn't work for me. I had used two programs for my previous transformation contest but this time I used three programs. It gave me a little more variety and helped me stay on course. It doesn't hurt to spice up things here and there. I used Clash of the Titans, 2009 TT Fat Loss Program, and Hot Zone. I really like all three of the programs for separate reasons. I specifically like the Hot Zone program because it has some arm exercises and a killer bodyweight cardio program. The 2009 TT Fat Loss program has 10x10 method which is great for pushing your body with light weight. Clash of the Titans is the beast of them though. It uses a different method everyday to cause your body to dip into your fat stores. I really hated to get up to use that program but love the results. I didn't use a special diet like some contestants but I did make a consistent effort to eat well balanced healthy meals each day. I made sure to drink plenty of water throughout the day. This is the most crucial step to getting a leaner body. I did take several supplements throughout the contest such as Green Tea Extract, Vitamin C, Amino Acids, Protein Shakes, Omega 3, and Creatine. Protein shakes and amino acids were especially helpful since they helped me retain a majority of my muscle mass. Omega 3 helped for maintain my overall health. Vitamin C helped protect my immune system since I was training more frequently. I would make an effort to train anywhere from 4-6 days a week. Creatine provided me with an energy boost that I was lacking for the last competition while reducing calories. Overall. the supplements did help but were only a small part of why I was successful of reducing my body fat. I look forward to participating in the next TT Transformation Contest. I can't wait to see you there!

Height: 6 feet 1 inch

Start Date: Sept. 17, 2011
Body Weight: 191.2 lbs
Waist Size: 36.5 inches

End Date: December 8, 2011
Body Weight: 182.5 lbs
Waist Size: 35.25 inches

Last edited by Gorilla-Strength : 12-16-2011 at 03:11 AM.
Old 12-10-2011, 01:34 PM

Default Waleed Rebooted

I suspected from the outset of TC12 that it was going to be real challenge for me. I was determined to give it my best shot as I really didn't have a backup plan. In retrospect, it was probably a good idea for me to sit this one out so that I could take care of some of the issues that were getting in the way to my health and fitness goals. I was feeling overwhelmed with work, my sleep habits was serious disarray and I my nutrition wasn't particularly fantastic.

While I started quite strong for the first month and was able to get most of my workouts done following the TT Big 6 manual (one of my all-time favourite TT workouts), things sort of fell apart after that due one of the busiest periods of work and travel and I think I've ever experienced. For almost one month, I was travelling non-stop, juggling multiple projects and deadlines and was only able to get home for the weekend (in case, half a weekend). During this period, my workouts were inconsistent and my nutritional well and truly fell apart, driven by cravings for sugar and carbs.

I was grateful when this maelstrom passed and I was able to take note of what needed to be done. It was around week 7 that I felt like I "rebooted" myself and was finally in a state of mind and body where I would be ready to make the REAL transformation that I've been trying to make for some time now. Knowing that I was trapped in a vicious cycle of stress-eating-fatigue, I knew I had to break is somehow and I did so by fixing my nutrition first, and then making sure I got enough rest second. The inspiration for this was the book "The Primal Blueprint" by Mark Sisson and I instantly related to the concepts he describes about not eating grains, sugar (of course) and living the "primal" (or Paleo) lifestyle. This was the sort of change I knew I needed to make and this book gave the kick in the backside that I needed to actually do it. Within 3 days of eating the "primal" way, I felt like a new man. The brain fog that I had been living under for years lifted, my energy was up, the cravings were gone, I was sleeping better and overall, I was feeling, well, rebooted.

I was able to return to my workouts mostly in the form of interval training from the 31 Interval Workouts manual. I also included long walks on off days which gave me the chance to clear my head and kill stress. I also started doing intervals on the uphill stretch of a long bridge near my home.

While my transformation started somewhat late in the contest, I saw some big chances in a very short time. I lost 4Kg and my waist got smaller by 1inch in only 4 weeks. I experienced first hand how everything I'd heard or read about diet being the most important aspect of burning fat and I feel like I'm just getting started.

So, no dramatic changes again this time but I am finally on the right path to gaining the body and health I've always wanted. What's more, the combination of "primal" living with the TT workouts is a killer combination that I can feel I can continue forever - primal eating doesn't feel like a "diet" and TT doesn't feel like "exercise". While the before and after photos don't show a big change, a major change has taken place in my mind, attitude and spirit and that is going to carry me forward to better things.

I'm going to end my essay I always do - by announcing my commitment to participate in the next TC contest and one after that and after THAT if I have to get the job done.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg TC12BeforeFront.jpg (95.8 KB, 32 views)
File Type: jpg TC12BeforeSide.jpg (96.1 KB, 26 views)
File Type: jpg TC12WIS.jpg (90.5 KB, 34 views)
File Type: jpg TC12WIS2.jpg (87.5 KB, 29 views)