TT Members Forum  
Home | Discussion Forums | TTmembers.com Tour | Search | Member Area

Go Back   TT Members Forum > Transformation Contests > 12th Transformation Contest
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-25-2011, 05:14 PM
Administrator

Default 12th Contest 12-Week Entries Here

It's time...to reveal your success.

Please submit your entry to the 12th Turbulence Training 12-Week Transformation Contest here. Can't wait to see your results.

Please post your photos and your essay in this thread.

NOTE: This thread is only for final photos and essays. All other posts will be removed.

DOUBLE NOTE: You can also email your entries to support@turbulencetraining.com

Congratulations on your success.

Sincerely,

Craig Ballantyne
Old 11-26-2011, 10:26 PM

Default ShortWingPilot's Entry

Well, I made it. I entered the 11th Transformation Contest, but gave up after a few weeks. This time I stuck with it and didn’t give up.

Here were my stats when I started the contest on September 4th, 2011.

Height: 5 ft. 10 in.
Weight: 240 lbs
Neck: 16.5"
Chest: 45"
Bicep: 15.5"
Waist (at belly button): 46"
Waist (at belt line): 41"
Hips: 45"
Thigh: 25"

Here are my stats today, November 4th, 2011.

Weight: 218 lbs
Neck: 16”
Chest: 44”
Bicep: 15.25”
Waist (at belly button): 42”
Waist (at belt line): 41”
Hips: 44”
Thigh: 24”

In total, during the 84 days of TC12, I lost 22 lbs and just under 8 inches.

I didn’t quite achieve my goal of weighing 210 lbs by the end of the contest, but the important thing is I made progress and kept working at it, and I didn’t give up.

For me, the transformation was more than just physical. I wrote in the introduction to my workout log about how I had been struggling financially, and dealing with the consequences of being convicted of impaired driving.

I’m happy to report that during the 84 days of the contest, I’ve paid off more than $30,000 in debt. I also stayed alcohol free for most of the contest. I had one beer early on in the contest, but that was the only one, and a glass of wine last night, other than that I was alcohol free.

I enjoyed the Turbulence Training workouts a lot. Because I can’t drive, I bought a weight bench and some dumbbells and set up a home gym. The workouts really clicked and became a habit for me. I’ve never before in my life worked out consistently for 3 months. I’ve now gotten to the point where I can say I look forward to my workouts.

The nutrition aspect didn’t come together as well for me. I’ve been using intermittent fasting, and it’s been working, but I cheated too much. I think that if my compliance was better in the nutrition department, I would have hit my goal of 210 lbs by the end of the contest.

My photos don't show a dramatic transformation. I’ve still got a lot of work to do before I’ve got the body that I want, but now I’ve got the tools to get there. I’m proud of myself for sticking with it to the end of the contest and not giving up. That was the big learning for me. I can be disciplined and stick with it.

Thanks to everyone who gave me support and encouragement during the last 84 days. I’ll be back for TC13 to continue the transformation process.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCN2600a.jpg (29.5 KB, 48 views)
File Type: jpg DSCN2606a.jpg (23.6 KB, 36 views)
File Type: jpg DSCN2608a.jpg (30.3 KB, 33 views)
File Type: jpg DSCN2609a.jpg (71.2 KB, 33 views)

"Never, ever, ever give up."
Old 11-27-2011, 04:04 PM

Default Growing younger

Fortunately, it is the journey, not the destination that matters most. Starting with a cracked rib did not help. That I also was in perhaps the worst shape I ever have been in did not help either. Seven years ago I was 60 pounds heavier than at the beginning of TT12. But my Oxygen uptake now was terrible. So I did my own minimized edition of the Introduction, avoiding pretty much anything that caused pain to my lower right rib, and to some extent the Sternum, that also was very sore. I did intervals on the old “clothes-hanger” exercise bike, and that was all I could do. By the mid-point I added a bit of upper body work, and it has for sure changed lots of the old flabby feel to a much firmer structure. For food, I did get to close to 100% elimination of sugar, soda drinks, French fries and almost all bread. Instead I added a fair bit of raw veggies. I also discovered a small “farm to fork” meat store. They only sell their own grass fed meat and true free range eggs. The biggest benefit of TT12 is that I sleep better. This fall, until end of December will be very busy for me, but I will program myself for a full out effort for the TT13, or similar for early 2012. I have started to reread the TT Manual. I also bought the brand new 24/7 program to support my 2012 goal. I want to show proof for that 1980’s Canadian Participaction program slogan is the Truth. They claimed that a typical 60 year young Swede is as fit as an 18 year old Canadian. I am 61 years young now, was born in Sweden, and have lived in Canada since 1982. I will get a body age / VO2 max / composition assessment at the local University Sports Clinic in December, and again the week after TT13 (or equal) is over.
My TT 12 Data: Age 61. Height 6’1”
Weight Day 1 = 280 / Day 84 = 260 pounds ( - 20 pounds).
Chest Day 1 = 49 / Day 84 = 48 ( - 1 inch).
Navel Day 1 = 53 / Day 84 = 50 ( - 3 inches).
Belt Day 1 = 48 / Day 84 = 45 ( had to punch new holes in belt for – 3 inches)
Buttocks Day 1 = 46 / Day 84 = 45 ( - 1 inch)
Thigh Day 1 = 27 / Day 84 = 26 (- 1 inch)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Alar_Aksberg_TT_start.jpg (79.7 KB, 48 views)
File Type: jpg Alar_Aksberg_TT_12_end.jpg (19.1 KB, 55 views)
Old 12-03-2011, 03:50 PM

Another 12 weeks has flown by and it is time to reflect upon where I began and where I am now.

I started these 12 weeks with a few “body goals”: 1) to get back the body that I had at the end of April, which meant I needed to lose about 10 lbs; 2) to achieve 18% body fat composition; and 3) to eliminate the remainder of the flab on my lower belly that is the result of two pregnancies. I knew that with the right plan I could achieve the first goal within the 12 week time frame; goals 2 and 3 seemed more distant to me.

To achieve these goals, my plan was: 1) to use Eat-Stop-Eat (ESE) fasts twice a week, 2) to eliminate after-dinner snacking, 3) to permit “junk food” (typically in the form of sweets) only on weekends and in moderation, and 4) to select Turbulence Training workouts that were challenging.

Most of the plan had to do with eating, which is logical as crummy eating habits were the main reason for “losing” the body that I had back in April. ESE had worked for me previously and had helped me to maintain control over my desire to eat unhealthy, empty calories. However, I did not think ESE was going to be enough. I evaluated my relationship with food and found that snacking after dinner and eating junk “on occasion” were two things that were going to serve as barriers to my goals.

As for the fourth part of my plan, I discovered back in August that when I pick a challenging TT workout, I am happiest. When I select workouts that are too easy for me, I slide into a lazy zone. I wanted to avoid the lazy zone. I used the Advanced Hotel Room Workouts for weeks 1-2; March Madness Circuits for weeks 3-6; BW Cardio 2.0 for weeks 7-10; and Meatheads IV, Jacked & Lean for weeks 11 & 12. These workouts were all very challenging; those with kettle bell swings were the most challenging for me.

I did achieve my goal of getting back the body that I had at the end of April; my measurements and weight are pretty much the same now as they were then. I can easily fit back into the clothes that I was wearing in April without any uncomfortable snugness or unsightly bulges of flesh. In these 12 weeks, I have lost 11 lbs, between 2.5 and 3.5” off of all three abdominal areas that I measured (waist, navel and below navel), almost 2” off my rear end and over an inch off of each thigh. In addition, I am seeing some muscle definition in my back that I have not previously seen. I have made tremendous progress toward my goal of 18% body fat. My body fat was calculated using skin fold measurements (7 point) at weeks 6 and 12 – at week 6, I measured 23.2% and at week 12, I measured 19.6%. I was ecstatic to see these results. So, while my goals 2 and 3 (body fat of 18% and eliminate remaining pregnancy flab on lower belly area) are still a work in progress, I am encouraged!

I owe my success to a workable eating plan which I am happy to say that I stuck with at least 95% of the time; when I shifted from it, it was with careful forethought. Even having Thanksgiving at the end of the 12 weeks did not derail my progress as I planned carefully in the days before and after. I am confident that I can navigate the holidays without trouble this year by continuing to stick with this plan that has worked quite well for me.

It is always nice to travel on a journey with companions, and I am thankful for my turbulence training “family” from the forums and for their constant support and guidance. I am also thankful for Craig’s terrific and challenging workouts and for the fabulous turbulence training website that he has created. Finally, I am thankful for all of the friends and family that cheer me on as I continue on my TT journey.

Here are my stats:

Starting stats: Wed, 9-7-11
Weight: 142 lbs
chest under arms: 34.75”
chest below bust: 30.25”
natural waist: 29”
waist at navel: 30.75”
waist below navel: 33.25”
butt: 38”
upper thigh – L: 22”
upper thigh – R: 22.25”

12-week finishing stats: Sun, 11-27-11
Weight: 131 lbs (-11 lbs)
chest under arms: 34.” (-0.75”)
chest below bust: 30.25” (no change)
natural waist: 26.5” (-2.5”)
waist at navel: 27.5” (-3.25”)
waist below navel: 29.75” (-3.5”)
butt: 36.25” (-1.75”)
upper thigh – L: 20.5” (-1.5”)
upper thigh – R: 21” (-1.25”)
Body fat 19.6% (-3.6% in 6 weeks)
(Body fat measured at week 6 = 23.2%; at week 12 = 19.6%)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Copy of IMG_2859-resize-start.JPG (40.8 KB, 55 views)
File Type: jpg Copy of IMG_2862-resize-start.JPG (39.7 KB, 39 views)
File Type: jpg Copy of IMG_2864-resize-start.JPG (39.5 KB, 32 views)
File Type: jpg Copy of IMG_2860-resize-start.JPG (41.5 KB, 45 views)

Old 12-03-2011, 03:53 PM

Those were my starting pictures. Now for my ending pictures.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Copy of IMG_3297-resize.JPG (45.8 KB, 67 views)
File Type: jpg Copy of IMG_3284-resize.JPG (47.5 KB, 48 views)
File Type: jpg Copy of IMG_3307-resize.JPG (40.4 KB, 47 views)
File Type: jpg Copy of IMG_3290-resize.JPG (45.5 KB, 47 views)
File Type: jpg Copy of IMG_3275-resize.JPG (43.4 KB, 40 views)

Old 12-03-2011, 03:55 PM

And the final few ending pics...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Copy of IMG_3277-resize.JPG (40.1 KB, 39 views)
File Type: jpg Copy of IMG_3289-resize.JPG (44.6 KB, 50 views)

Old 12-05-2011, 08:16 PM

Default TTC12 Entry

At first I wasn't sure that I wanted to join the 12th TT Contest. I was embarrassed by the weight I had gained. As I've mentioned, I'd gone through a bit of a depression and become best friends with a certain boozy pirate. When my doctor started talking about medication, I knew I had hit my low point. Rather than take antidepressants, I decided that I was going to pull myself together. Part of the plan was turning to a community that I knew would be supportive - the TT Forums. In the beginning, I thought I would "lay low" and post only in the Workout Journals; but after some thought, I decided to make the commitment and join the contest.

The first thing to go was the alcohol. I made an exception at my high school reunion, but for 83 of the 84 days I was alcohol free. In addition to a more healthy diet, this made such a huge difference. I had so much more energy and found it easier and easier to get out of bed early in the morning (around 4:45am) and complete my workouts. Also, time with my kids is more rewarding nowadays, and they feed off of that energy. My son has even renewed his interest in running, and my 5-year-old daughter likes to make up "workouts" with my lighter weights complete with DB swings, push ups, jumping jacks and the ab wheel.

After the 6-week point, I really felt like I was at a good weight and that I could work on maintenance. I am quite happy with that decision; it just felt right. I joined this contest to help get my life back on track, not to achieve a certain weight. My pants are fitting and I'm feeling more confident physically and mentally than I have in a long time. The other night my daughter said something cryptic to me. She said, "You sound more like my mom." She's only 5, so it could mean a variety of things, but I'd like to think that she's also happy with where I am in my life!

Over the 12 weeks I lost a total of 12.4 lbs, 3.8% bodyfat, and 14.75 inches, including 4 inches off my abdomen. I really enjoyed the 3 TT Workouts I used, and strove to have a PR in nearly every workout. I feel like my arm strength has improved - I gained back about 1/8 of an inch on my biceps during the last 6 weeks of the contest. And since my bodyfat went down during that same time, I'm hoping that 1/8 of an inch is muscle!

Thank you to all my TT friends and to everyone who has been so supportive during this time in my life. I am feeling great and I will see you in the Workout Journals!

Workouts used:
TT Metabolic Resistance Training
TT Hardcore Fat Loss
TT for Buff Guys and Hot Gals

Starting Stats - 09/11/11
height: 5' 7.75"
weight: 155.8 lbs
BF: 24.1%
chest: 35.0"
waist: 30.0"
abdomen: 33.5"
hips: 37.25"
left bicep: 11.75"
right bicep" 11.5"
left thigh: 20.5"
right thigh: 20.5"
left calf: 14.875"
right calf: 14.875"

12 Week Stats - 12/03/11
height: 5' 7.75"
weight: 143.4 lbs (-12.4 lbs)
BF: 20.3% (-3.8%)
chest: 33.0" (-2.0")
waist: 27.5" (-2.5")
abdomen: 29.5" (-4.0")
hips: 35.5" (-1.75")
left bicep: 11.625" (-.125")
right bicep: 11.375" (-.125")
left thigh: 19.0" (-1.5")
right thigh: 19.0" (-1.5")
left calf: 14.25" (-.625")
right calf: 14.25" (-.625")
Attached Images
File Type: jpg front before small 1.JPG (91.7 KB, 54 views)
File Type: jpg After front 1-1.JPG (94.5 KB, 58 views)

"Eating crappy food is not a reward - it's a punishment."
~Drew Carey

Last edited by cesium0122 : 12-09-2011 at 06:03 PM.
Old 12-05-2011, 09:10 PM

Default TTC12 Entry

I’m Patty and I am 45 years young. My latest weight loss journey began in earnest about 2/12 years ago when I got engaged for the first time (yeah!) and I didn’t want to be the “fat bride”. To make a long story short, I joined a gym, got a personal trainer, made some good strides prior to the wedding, and continued with the trainer until my “contract” ran out in August of 2011. I had hit a weight plateau, my nutrition was off and I was looking for a new challenge. Along the way, I discovered Turbulence Training (and became a TT Platinum member) and Metabolic Typing (I am a Protein type) and was developing a plan for my healthy body future. Just when I was looking for that next challenge, I came across the TT Transformation contest and said “Hey I am going to enter the next one” and lo and behold, not more than 2 weeks later was the announcement for the 12th Transformation Contest and here I am!

It is said when you want to achieve a goal, if you share this goal with others, it makes you more accountable. So when I entered the contest, I sent a note off to a few friends and family members telling them what I was doing. I also started a thread for my progress on the TT members forum. Both these things brought me much support and have helped me along the way.

The TT workouts that I used during the contest were TT Intermediate, TT Original and TT 2K3 . I followed the workouts as designed with some minor tweaks for the exercises that I had difficulties with because of my old, creaky, aching knees. I followed Craig’s advice for alternatives and I was off the races again. I also incorporated certified TT trainer Mike Whitfield’s awesome workout finishers in place of interval training at least once a week. A lot of times the training knocked me on my butt but I was always ready to get back up and continue and I always got my workouts in during the week. On off days, I would do walking, yoga or just rest up for the next great TT workout.

My nutritional plan was kind of a hybrid of many things that I have learned and discovered about food and nutrition over the last couple years. I generally had three meals and 2 snacks a day and I tried to incorporate a good protein source in each. I mostly steered away from processed foods and tried to eat as many whole foods as possible. I have always been very good about eating fruits and vegetables and I continued this. It is always fun to try out some new foods you never tried before and being surprised at how good they are!

My goals for the contest were: lose 15 pounds, lose 2 inches off my waist and 2 inches off my hips and stick to a good nutritional plan trying to eliminate processed foods and "bad" sugars. I was good on the nutritional plan at least 80% of the time. Below are my weight and measurement stats.

Start date: September 12, 2011
Weight: 186.8 lbs
Waist: 37 in
Chest: 42 in
Hips: 44 in
Arms: 14 in
Thighs: 24 in
Calf: 16 in

End date: December 5, 2011
Weight: 176.4 lbs (-10.4 lbs)
Waist: 34.5 in (-2.5 in)
Chest: 41 in (-1 in)
Hips: 42.5 in (- 1.5 in)
Arms: 13.5 in (-.5 in)
Thighs: 22.5 (-1.5 in)
Calf: 15.5 (-.5 in)

I have really enjoyed the challenge of the Transformation contest and the transformation I have seen. Though the contest is over, my journey is not. I still have some work to do, but thanks to Craig and Turbulence Training I know I will get to where I want to be. Regardless of what happens in the contest, what better reward could I receive than a healthier, leaner and (oh yes!) sexier body. Thanks to Craig, Mike, other TT members and my family and friends for all the support!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Before Front 1.jpg (64.4 KB, 27 views)
File Type: jpg After Front 1.jpg (44.6 KB, 27 views)

Last edited by pattyks44 : 12-05-2011 at 09:16 PM.
Old 12-05-2011, 09:13 PM

Default TTC12 Entry Part 2

Attached are more pictures before and after as well as newspaper date proof.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Before Side.jpg (61.8 KB, 18 views)
File Type: jpg Before Closeup newspaper.jpg (76.9 KB, 15 views)
File Type: jpg After Side.jpg (47.9 KB, 17 views)
File Type: jpg After Closeup Newspaper.jpg (40.0 KB, 14 views)
Old 12-05-2011, 09:18 PM

Default TTC12 Entry Part 3

Here are one more set of before and after pics.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Before Front 2.jpg (59.3 KB, 16 views)
File Type: jpg After Front 2.jpg (47.4 KB, 19 views)