TT Members Forum  
Home | Discussion Forums | TTmembers.com Tour | Search | Member Area

Go Back   TT Members Forum > TT Workout Feedback
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-07-2011, 04:06 PM
Administrator

Default Review TT Workouts Here

In this forum we want to hear your specific TT Workout Feedback.

We would love to hear your feedback, constructive comments, exercise substitutions used, modifications made, etc. for that particular TT workout.

This was an excellent member suggestion - thank you Brian007.

Here is the suggested format. Fill in as much detail as you'd like in order to make this the best user experience for all.

Much gratitude!

Craig

Workout Title:

Ranking Out of 10:

Your age (range) and gender:

Your fitness level (beginner, intermediate, advanced):

Personal limitations (e.g., injury, equipment, limited schedule, etc.)

Workout Positives:

Workout Negatives:

Exercise Substitutions/Changes Used:

Who Would You Recommend This Workout To (e.g., pressed for time, don't have access to a full gym, looking to build better balance, looking to build "show" muscles, etc.):

TT Workout Done Prior to This:

TT Workout to be Done Next:

Other Comments:

Old 11-11-2011, 11:10 AM

Default Build Muscle Lose Fat Nov 2007

Age/gender: almost 41 yrs old, female

Level--intermediate

Limits---work out at home, no rack for back squatting or benching

Modifications:
--eating at maitenance (above on workout days) and trying to build muscle....left out intervals except bodyweight interval in workout B
--DB RDL done with barbell as I find them awkward with db's
--no ab wheel, did 12 stability ball rollouts instead of 6 diag ab wheel rollouts
--for 1 leg bench squat did box squatting onto a box slightly lower than my bench.

pros/cons--
---great workout! The superset of pushups and inverted rows in workout A was brutal especially after really pushing to increase my weights in the incline presses and rows...had to do at least half of the pushups kneeling and rows with legs bent....my pecs/chest/shoulders were burning! Could have used a 1 min rest between these supersets. Also found the plank and spiderman climb in workout C challenging too more in the pecs/shoulders than abs because of the previous exercises in that workout.

---instead of kb swings in workout b, would have been nice to have a different superset perhaps with the reverse lunges focusing on leg muscles especially for those of us who cannot back squat, and especially because there are bodyweight intervals in this workout anyway. Currently am doing TT 2k4, and the superset of reverse lunges/split squats are great but brutal!

Overall/recommended for:

A great workout especially for those looking to build upper body strength in the bigger muscles like pecs/shoulders/lats

previous workout
TT2k3, some of TT for reformed meatheads, then 2 months of Geoff Neupert's kettlebell Burn 2.0 this summer into early fall immediately prior

next workout:
Currently doing 3 weeks stretch of TT 2k4 as AB off AB off off format, no intervals

Tina

"Dream the impossible, do the incredible."

"Beware the lollipop of mediocracy...one lick and you will suck forever!!!"
Old 11-11-2011, 05:55 PM

Default oops

I posted this accidentally under Craig's announcement! If anyone knows how to move this to a separate thread here I would apprecitate it--otherwise I will just re-type.

"Dream the impossible, do the incredible."

"Beware the lollipop of mediocracy...one lick and you will suck forever!!!"
Old 01-06-2012, 09:15 AM

Craig, I got a idea of a new forum thread that I think deserve to be made a sticky. It is, in a way, an extension to the TT workout feedback.

In addition to getting feedbacks for current workouts, you should also gather ideas and suggestions for you to incorporate in future TT workouts. This way you can get many ideas not just from the experienced personal trainers here but also from regular folks like myself who have a lot of passion in fitness but have limited knowledge in creating a effective exercise routine/circuits.
Old 01-22-2012, 10:58 AM

Love this forum section addition,

Often times i try to quickly scan each program for a specific situation where I need it (home gym, bodyweight only, specific equipment, heavy weights etc.)

The reviews would assist in program selection and also exercise subs that works.

Just to clarify, are the ratings based on user enjoyment, program difficulty, or any specific?

The difficulty of the program might be useful, though that can be added in pros/cons or modifications.

Another topic suggestion: equipment incorporated: (TRX, Bands, Bodyweight)

Cheers
Old 01-23-2014, 07:54 PM

Workout Title: TT Gain Muscle Lose Fat 2.0 (update of the Nov 2007 program)

Ranking Out of 10: 10

Your age (range) and gender: 60 / Male

Your fitness level (beginner, intermediate, advanced): would like to think, advanced

Personal limitations (e.g., injury, equipment, limited schedule, etc.) some arthritis in left hip and outer knee ligament with microtears due to - "aging" according to the ortho doc....I just don't let it limit me.

Workout Positives: Different workout all 3 days, including TRX on one day; good variety

Workout Negatives: Not always having a place to hook up the TRX

Exercise Substitutions/Changes Used: Used DB’s in lieu of BB for overhead presses and Squats.

Who Would You Recommend This Workout To (e.g., pressed for time, don't have access to a full gym, looking to build better balance, looking to build "show" muscles, etc.):
for someone that has about an hour to workout; someone that gets bored doing the same thing.

TT Workout Done Prior to This: Updated TT2k3 and 2k4.

TT Workout to be Done Next: Going to Phoenix for the next 11 days. Going to try to go with one of my other favorites…..Thermogenic 30 - 2.0 (Going to do Pure Bar and Orange Theory with my daughter. Never did either.

Other Comments: There are many TT workouts and something for EVERYBODY………you just have to find something that appeals to you.

Last edited by RobB : 01-23-2014 at 07:56 PM.
Old 07-11-2014, 01:30 AM

Default TT Max Reps Bodyweight Challenge

Hi Craig,

I have a question about the TT Max Reps Challengre program. THe 3rd circuit for Day 1 and Day2 have 3 exercises in the circuit with 3A being the "target exercise" AMRAP style but the 3rd circuit in Day3 has 4 exercises with 3A and 3C being the target exercise. Is 3C a part of the program or does Day3 follow the same structure as Day1 and Day2? The reason i'm asking is because in the sample circuit that you've done you've only mentioned the number of reps done for 3A and not 3C.

Hope the question is clear even though it took me a while to get to the point! haha

Gilroy
Old 07-11-2014, 02:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilly View Post
Hi Craig,

I have a question about the TT Max Reps Challengre program. THe 3rd circuit for Day 1 and Day2 have 3 exercises in the circuit with 3A being the "target exercise" AMRAP style but the 3rd circuit in Day3 has 4 exercises with 3A and 3C being the target exercise. Is 3C a part of the program or does Day3 follow the same structure as Day1 and Day2? The reason i'm asking is because in the sample circuit that you've done you've only mentioned the number of reps done for 3A and not 3C.

Hope the question is clear even though it took me a while to get to the point! haha

Gilroy
Is that you Gilroy? Did you drink one too many Old Fashion's before writing this?
Old 07-11-2014, 04:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterJankowski View Post
Is that you Gilroy? Did you drink one too many Old Fashion's before writing this?
Haha yah Peter it's me and nah i haven't had any old fashion's mate...i'm probably still feeling the effects from the ones i had at the Summit!! lol
Old 07-11-2014, 04:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilly View Post
Haha yah Peter it's me and nah i haven't had any old fashion's mate...i'm probably still feeling the effects from the ones i had at the Summit!! lol
Welcome to the forums mate!

I do believe you are meant to do "the pull" two times on the last superset of day 3. I would imagine this is due to the fact that by that time knocking out 25% of the reps of pullups in just 3 sets might be a big ask that far into the workout.

Bit different for pushups and leg stuff because once your muscles say no during a pullup there isn't much more you can do.

So do it as written I'd say...