TT Members Forum  
Home | Discussion Forums | TTmembers.com Tour | Search | Member Area

Go Back   TT Members Forum > Transformation Contests > 12th Transformation Contest
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-02-2011, 08:24 PM

Default Marching On...

Hey! I'm back! In case anyone was interested I kind of lost my way for a little while. I'm unofficially joining contest 12 because I know it's after the deadline but I'm doing it for myself anyway. I can't explain why but I feel so enthusiastic and determined even inspite of all the bad things that have happened recently. I feel like I can be living proof of getting knocked DOWN and feeling helpless and unsure and scared and sad and stressed and anxious and just generally really horrible but getting back up again. Yeah, it was (and is) a really horrid horrible thing to happen but I'm up again. Yeah, there are some really bad sad days but I"m up. Like the palm tree in a hurricane- it bends almost all the way over for a long time during the storm and then the forces that bend it cease and it rises back up to welcome the sun. That's how I feel now. I can't explain it. How does such an enthusiastic, positive and determined feeling come from such a life event? I don't know. I'm just welcoming the sun!! (Check out contest 11 towards the end for what happened). As good as I feel, sometimes I just don't want to go over it again.

SO...I'm back. I have to figure out what program to use. Probably will ask Craig for some advice. I have to take some pictures too. It's the first time I have a clear picture in my head of the outcome I want. I'm marching on- not running, not tip-toeing, just keeping going...really strong!!

~Debbie
Old 10-02-2011, 10:04 PM

Welcome back, Debbie! All the best in reaching your goal. Good to see you here again!

My TC10 Thread
My Workout Journal

"I am like the turtle who just keeps moving forward without stress or strain while I whistle a happy song" - Joe Weaver
Old 10-02-2011, 10:39 PM

Smile

Hi Debbie

so glad to see you back, and you sound so good! You have such strength of character and have dealt with life so amazingly well, in the circumstances, you super star!

You sound like you are ready to rock this contest and that's just fab! It will be really great to have you along Debbie and it's so good that you are doing something for you

That's just so important, I am sure that you have not been putting yourself first for a while so now it's 'your' time Exciting times ahead I think!

Keep smiling, Cheers for now Katie
Old 10-03-2011, 11:20 AM

I started Metabolic Finishers this morning. Wow, this is a good one!!

I felt this morning like I was working out with purpose. I think I've been going thru the motions for a while (like years maybe), sometimes with a mission but never really felt a purpose. What changed? I don't know but something did. So okay, I'm running with it!

I have a question-I workout at 7:00 am. I wake up at 6:00. I have coffee but I"m not really hungry right away. I know I'm better off working out in a fed state so I usually have some whey, banana and almond milk (or reg. 1% milk) blended into a shake. Anyone have any other ideas. Eggs and oatmeal wouldn't digest fast enough. After my workout I have the eggs and oatmeal at about 8:30.
Old 10-03-2011, 11:46 AM

Ideally, I always find your better training when fed, but there is research out there about fasted exercise. You could always consider something like a casin protein shake, which is slow release, before you sleep so you have something in your system, but if your eating with an hour of training I dont see a problem myself. I tend not to train on an empty stomach but thats just me.
Glad you like the finishers i was going to start them today but got injured on duty so im having a week off and yes they definately do look like an amazing workout
Ted
Old 10-04-2011, 08:07 AM

Great to have you in TT12 Deb. You have had a life changing experience and your feelings are understandable. I hope TT12 will give you something to focus on. I never eat before I workout, I would have to get up too early. I have never had a problem working out fasted. The best way, if you have time, is to experiment. We are here for you, good luck. Concetta
Old 10-04-2011, 09:06 AM

Just read about what you went through. That is just heart breaking. I am glad you are back at it, and I hope you do well.

I looked through Metabolic Finishers, and it looks like a great program. I don't know if I will do it next, but it is in the running.
Old 10-04-2011, 09:23 AM

Great to see you back again mate. You've been on my mind alot

Loving Life, People, and our Amazing Creator.

My TT Blog/Thread - http://forum.ttmembers.com/showthread.php?t=7224
Old 10-07-2011, 01:10 PM

Finished my first week with Metabolic workouts. They're really good. It feels good to be back into something structured. On my 'off' days I've been walking the dogs for longer periods of time. They have also gained a couple of pounds and extra poundage on a Whippet is just embarrasing!! So, Sunday I took them out for an hour, tuesday 40 min, Thursday an hour and Weds and today I threw the ball for them in the yard. I've cut their food a bit but they are so bad. They steal food all the time. I can't tell you how many times they have stolen my breakfast or lunch that was IN my lunch bag. Anyway, I'll weigh them tomorrow and see how we've done. I may have to get those Cesar Milan roller blades to exercise them enough!! I was kind of hoping that the extra walking would help me too.

Anyway, I may have sold the boat! Well, a guy wants to buy it and has cash. Done! I will still owe quite a bit to the bank but at least I'll be out of it.

Got a few 'parties' going on in the next week. I'll be 50 on Wednesday so everybody wants to do something. Dinner tomorrow night with my mother, cake and coffee Sunday with the family. Step daughter wants to take me out next Saturday.

I've been drinnking more wine than I probably should especially if I want to lose some fat. But, sometimes it's just the thing that helps. One glass while getting dinner ready, maybe another with dinner. Every day though. At least I'm not downing the Xanax! I suppose that would be worse. I'm not a basket case, far from it. Work is hectic and now Im a single parent and THE DOGS are insane!!!!!!! In one week they ate my good leather boots, a comforter and MY WORKOUT GLOVES!!!! Jeez Louise. And stole food and got into the garbage and are just generally crazy. Give them the Xanax???

Have a great weekend!
Old 10-07-2011, 09:02 PM

Hey there Deb, great to see you doing so well. So, I have nothing to complain about with my dogs then,,, lol. My girl took the bean bag outside last week. I just let it stay there for a night, and next day,,,, well, it had gotten caught on a paver. Need I say more. Not a great deal came out, but have you ever tried to vacuum those minute foam balls up from inbetween leave, twigs, and small rocks? After watching Cesar with the roller blades, (I have 2 huskies), I just happened to spot a pair at the local tip shop for $5 I think they were. Was advised to get wrist supports,,, lol. Think I'll need ALOT of protection gear!!! Per stealing food - When Dukie (my boy) stuck his head in from the patio and stole a pigs ear, I instantly took it off him, rebuked him, and did that pretend pack leader bite on the shoulder and took him outside. My girl took it out of my hand while I was rebuking him, so I did the same to her. Then slid the glass door closed, put the pigs ears on the other side of the door where they could see them, and they didn't get fed that night. (The fast may have even done them good since I have been overfeeding them slightly and they need to lose a bit). Anyhows, I can now leave that door open with the pigs ears in sight, and they won't steal them Trying something like that may just save you insanity,,, lol.

Keep up the great workouts and keep those calories low this week if you can,,, hahaha,,,, 'fat chance' she says (pun intended)

Loving Life, People, and our Amazing Creator.

My TT Blog/Thread - http://forum.ttmembers.com/showthread.php?t=7224