TT Members Forum  
Home | Discussion Forums | TTmembers.com Tour | Search | Member Area

Go Back   TT Members Forum > Transformation Contests > 12th Transformation Contest
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-27-2011, 11:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by concetta27 View Post
You have taken care of the back and forth. I don't like meetings where the food just stays out, you're right, temptation. I would think being in a hotel room would be the easiest. Maybe you could bring some healthy portable snacks; apples, nuts, bars....Concetta
I sometimes pick up such snacks when I travel. Some hotels leave out fresh fruit for free [and also very tasty cookies ] so I grab my daily CB apple then. Unfortunately eating in my room is not the issue it is that I'm not in my room very much. I often travel with a client and we spend our evening out dining. That is a real curse as it cuts into my work time (always things to catch up on in the evening), my sleep and puts me in front of a lot of food.

I think my best strategies are going to be; skip breakfast or have a banana and apple, limit lunch, join my dinner colleagues thirty minutes late to avoid some of the food and drink, focus on lots of veggies on my plate and have a set time to call it a night. Wish me luck.
Old 10-28-2011, 08:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by larmer View Post
I think my best strategies are going to be; skip breakfast or have a banana and apple, limit lunch, join my dinner colleagues thirty minutes late to avoid some of the food and drink, focus on lots of veggies on my plate and have a set time to call it a night. Wish me luck.
Andrew, great planning. You have identified the problem areas and came up with solutions. GOOD LUCK! Too bad you can't get your clients to the gym.
Concetta
Old 10-28-2011, 05:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by concetta27 View Post
Andrew, great planning. You have identified the problem areas and came up with solutions. GOOD LUCK! Too bad you can't get your clients to the gym.
Concetta
I have gotten better at hitting the gym while on trips. I now have the courage to say to my client when he states drinks at 6, I tell him that I'm hitting the gym first and I'll see him and the others at 7 pm. Fortunately he is cool with that. On my travels I have found some great gyms and some places that make me wonder how they let their business get that way. Some gyms, especially in small towns, let me in for free when they find I'm from out of town.
Old 10-28-2011, 05:56 PM

Today was a truncated workout as I did some special stuff with a gym friend for grip strength.

Still I did my deadlifts at a good weight. This is the first time that I've done that since I hurt my back 18 days ago. It felt good.

Also I've gotten my belly down to 83.5 cm as of this morning, the lowest this contest. My PR is 82 cm back in June then summer beer drinking hit.

My goal is 80 cm so another 3.5 cm to go (about 1 1/2 inches).

Yesterday I had a massage from my RMT. She found that my glutes are tight and recommended some foam roller work. Hey is she saying that I'm a tight ass?
Old 10-28-2011, 09:56 PM

I'm glad to hear that things are starting to get better for you with some healing time and some planning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by larmer View Post
She found that my glutes are tight and recommended some foam roller work. Hey is she saying that I'm a tight ass?

Old 10-30-2011, 09:12 AM

TC12 Six Week Contest - Larmer Going for the Six Pack

Iíve two objectives in this contest, get a six pack and get my strength back. To achieve the former I need to get the calories down. To do the later I need to lift heavy. Eat Stop Eat is my primary way of getting the calories down and TT Meathead workouts are getting strength back up. Iím succeeding at getting my strength back my body fat is decreasing showing more definition in my body. .

I figure to get visible abs I need to get my waist to 80 cm or approximately 45 percent of my height. I have 4.5 cm (almost 2 inches) to go still.

The data so far:

Male
52 years old
Height 183 cm (5í 11Ē)

Six Week Before Change
Shoulder 115.5 114.5 1 (3/8 ď)

Chest 98 96.5 1.5 (5/8)

Waist 85.5 88.5 - 3 (1 1/8)

Hip 86 84 2 (3/4)

Thigh 84 86 - 2 (3/4)

(All of the data is in metric except for the numbers in brackets that are in inches. There is some rounding error for the Imperial measure putting then in proper fractional form.)

More important to me is that Iím getting back my strength that I had in the spring of 2010. Using TT Meatheads VII and TT Bodybuilding Iím hitting my personal records again and setting some new ones. Iím seeing new muscle definition appearing on my body as I drop fat and build muscle at the same time. All of this despite having an injury, due to gardening work, which limited my lifting for one week.

Iím not at my goals yet but Iíll get there. The TT program will have me at my best shape of my life in time for Christmas. The best gift is good health. Thank-you Craig and Turbulence Training for giving me the tools to succeed.
Old 11-01-2011, 03:54 PM

Saw your entry Andrew and there is real change in your abs. It's really difficult to coax those bad boys out, so you should be very proud
Old 11-01-2011, 07:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by weetamclan View Post
Saw your entry Andrew and there is real change in your abs. It's really difficult to coax those bad boys out, so you should be very proud
Wow! Thank-you.
Old 11-03-2011, 09:00 PM

I'm almost finished TT Bodybuilding. Today I did my last upper body workout. It was a great workout.

Today I set two personal records. I did 3 sets each of 6 x 75 lb dumbbell chest press and 8 x 90 lb barbell military press. Unfortunately my arms were so fatigued that I had to drop my weight on the last super set but it was worth it. I feel really good getting my strength back and setting new records.
Old 11-06-2011, 11:36 PM

Saturday I was in the gym and I did some decent lower body lifting. I set a PR on DB split squat at 80 lbs.

Sunday was fight practice. I fought okay. My head wasn't in the game as I have other things on my mind like overdue stuff at work.

Monday will be my final workout in TT Bodybuilding.