TT Members Forum  
Home | Discussion Forums | TTmembers.com Tour | Search | Member Area

Go Back   TT Members Forum > Transformation Contests > 12th Transformation Contest
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-17-2011, 05:44 PM

Default Going for 80

On the last day to enter I'm getting into this contest. My goal is an 80 cm waist which is roughly 45 % of my height of 180 cm (5' 11"). At that point I should have definition in my abs. Today my wife measured my waist at 88.3 cm so I have a way to go.

Along the way I expect to get stronger with TT.

I'm half way through TT Meatheads VII so I have decided to finish that. Today I did workout A. It felt good.

I'll be using ESE two to three times per week and tracking my food on eating days. I have decided to add 500 ml of chocolate milk post work out based upon the research out of McMaster University.

Supplements will be creatine, fish oil, a multi-vitamin and iron. The later I'm taking on my Doctor's advice as I have low iron.

Pictures and measurements have been done. I'm on my way. Wish me luck.

Last edited by larmer : 09-17-2011 at 06:08 PM. Reason: fix some numbers
Old 09-17-2011, 08:01 PM

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by larmer View Post
On the last day to enter I'm getting into this contest. My goal is an 80 cm waist which is roughly 45 % of my height of 180 cm (5' 11"). At that point I should have definition in my abs. Today my wife measured my waist at 88.3 cm so I have a way to go.

Along the way I expect to get stronger with TT.

I'm half way through TT Meatheads VII so I have decided to finish that. Today I did workout A. It felt good.

I'll be using ESE two to three times per week and tracking my food on eating days. I have decided to add 500 ml of chocolate milk post work out based upon the research out of McMaster University.

Supplements will be creatine, fish oil, a multi-vitamin and iron. The later I'm taking on my Doctor's advice as I have low iron.

Pictures and measurements have been done. I'm on my way. Wish me luck.
Hi larmer

WElcome back, wow this contest is just turning out to be the best, so many friendly faces and legendary TTers along this time around it's great.

REally interesting to see your supplements etc you are taking, will be really good to see how they help you along, you have obviously done your research. I don't know much about supplements so it's probably an area I could improve upon.

Good luck in your quest for the 80cm waist, am confident you will make it.

Hope the fighting is still going well.

Cheers for now Katie
Old 09-17-2011, 10:38 PM

Katie,

I'm certainly no expert but listening to some Fitness gurus there are a lot of opinions out there. I then to follow Brad Pilon who endorses creatine as having lots of evidence and that is about. I take Omega 3 for other health benefits. A multi-vitamin just to cover all the bases and the iron per my Doctor. I hope that helps.

Thanks for the support this should be a good contest.
Old 09-17-2011, 10:42 PM

Food today:
- 500 ml chocolate milk post work out (340 calories)
- Finish off my Daughter's chocolate shake as she didn't like the taste ~ 200 calories

I got busy and never really had breakfast or lunch. I didn't even get a coffee today and I really like coffee.

Dine out and a movie for a long over due date with my wife. A green salad with a cream dressing topped with steak along with a pint of Guinness.

A small popcorn in the theatre (no butter) and a diet Coca-Cola.
No idea how many calories. I have to turn in as I have an early start to the day so no time to calculate.

Now I'm fasting until supper Sunday night.
Old 09-18-2011, 01:55 AM

Quote:
Food today:
- 500 ml chocolate milk post work out (340 calories)
- Finish off my Daughter's chocolate shake as she didn't like the taste ~ 200 calories

I got busy and never really had breakfast or lunch. I didn't even get a coffee today and I really like coffee.

Dine out and a movie for a long over due date with my wife. A green salad with a cream dressing topped with steak along with a pint of Guinness.

A small popcorn in the theatre (no butter) and a diet Coca-Cola.
No idea how many calories. I have to turn in as I have an early start to the day so no time to calculate.

Now I'm fasting until supper Sunday night.
Great goals Andrew..
NICE, a date with your wife, hope you enjoyed movie and of course the popcorn.....

Cheers
Ma
Old 10-17-2011, 09:37 PM

I have been AWOL from the Forum but it does not mean I've quit my TT workouts.

I have been focusing on body building instead of fat loss with the result being that I'm getting stronger but my belly is not getting smaller.

I have completed TT Meatheads Lucky Seven and I'm now into my second week of TT Bodybuilding. I'm progressively increasing my weights and I'm noticing new definition in my arms and shoulder. I enjoy lifting weights, seeing the numbers increase on the record sheet and the increasing definition in the mirror.

Due to some scheduling issues, business travel and a minor back injury I'm probably a week or so behind on my workouts. On Monday 10 October I was doing a deadlift, my final set, when I felt pain in my back, left side, similar to the problem of last June. Fortunately this was not any where as bad and I did not lose any time at work. I'm not sure if it was because I had bad form or that I had been doing some left handed pic ax work the day before. Either way I had strained the muscles so I laid off lifting for a few days. I've returned with upper body lifting to let my back rest. I also skipped two fight practices. I saw my Doctor with little effect. I want to see my RMT and also finally get using my foam roller.

Now about the body fat. I've not been disciplined about eating on business trips. At home I can readily drop fat but on the road there is too much food and I put it back on. I need to create a solution to this. I'm holding around 85.5 cm (I'm 180 cm tall) at my belly button. I want to get down to 80 or 81 cm to show my abs. I'll not get there the way that I'm going. I'm home for the rest of October so I can shave off a few cm with ESE and low calorie eating.

So that is what is happening with me.
Old 10-26-2011, 07:47 AM

So I'm plugging away with TT Bodybuilding. What a great workout!

I find that I really enjoy the four day a week Meathead type workouts. Maybe because I have spent my life as the skinny weak non-jock it feels good to see muscles and see my numbers go up on the sheet.

I'm excited that I'm getting my strength back from the first half of 2010. I'm getting to my persona records from back then or moving past them. I have a little less than two weeks left on the program and I will break some PR during that time. I'm seeing new muscle definition in my legs and my shoulders. This is great!

The challenge will be what program to do to finish off the final five weeks or so. I should find another Meathead program as I enjoy them but it would be good to shed a bit more fat.

On that topic I have struggled with eating too much food while on frequent business trips or social outings. I'm home for most of three of the four weeks of October. While at home I can do ESE days two or three times per week. On my feeding days I tend to eat light and mostly vegetarian. The end results of all of this is that I gained body fat in the first few weeks of the contest. I'm now losing it and then some. I'm down to 84 cm so I think I'm in striking distance of my goal of an 80 cm waist and a six pack.

November will be a challenge as I will be traveling most of that month.

So now I need to:
- Take pictures and an entry for 6 week contest
- Complete TT Bodybuilding
- Develop an eating strategy for business trips (a huge challenge for me)
- Determine last program(s) for the contest

Last edited by larmer : 10-26-2011 at 10:44 AM. Reason: Corrected a typo, 'not' to 'now'
Old 10-26-2011, 07:57 PM

Have you tried ESE on your trips, or is eating part of your workday? Do you fly? I always fast on airport days. Maybe fasting for part of the day, I have also done that. As you say, it is all self-control. Continued great progress, the Meathead programs are killer. Concetta
Old 10-27-2011, 01:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by concetta27 View Post
Have you tried ESE on your trips, or is eating part of your workday? Do you fly? I always fast on airport days. Maybe fasting for part of the day, I have also done that. As you say, it is all self-control. Continued great progress, the Meathead programs are killer. Concetta
Most of my trips involving flying and usually by myself. So I fast until I connect with my client and colleagues and we stop for a meal. I repeat the process on the way home. So most trips are bracketed with two fasts.

I'm considering skipping breakfast, and maybe no food until lunch, so yes fasting for part of the day. Normally we eat at the client's facility. That can be a problem during the day as there can be a lot of snacks sitting in the meeting room. I can resist everything but temptation. The worst part is at night time. I need to plan my meals and beverages in advance. Like CB states look at your challenge and come up with at least two solutions.
Old 10-27-2011, 04:22 PM

Quote:
Most of my trips involving flying and usually by myself. So I fast until I connect with my client and colleagues and we stop for a meal. I repeat the process on the way home. So most trips are bracketed with two fasts.
I'm considering skipping breakfast, and maybe no food until lunch, so yes fasting for part of the day. Normally we eat at the client's facility. That can be a problem during the day as there can be a lot of snacks sitting in the meeting room. I can resist everything but temptation. The worst part is at night time. I need to plan my meals and beverages in advance. Like CB states look at your challenge and come up with at least two solutions.
You have taken care of the back and forth. I don't like meetings where the food just stays out, you're right, temptation. I would think being in a hotel room would be the easiest. Maybe you could bring some healthy portable snacks; apples, nuts, bars....Concetta