TT Members Forum  
Home | Discussion Forums | TTmembers.com Tour | Search | Member Area

Go Back   TT Members Forum > Transformation Contests > 12th Transformation Contest
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-05-2011, 02:51 AM

Hey there Patty, Great progress you are making. Keep up the good work and the good food choices.

Cheers,

Robyn.

Loving Life, People, and our Amazing Creator.

My TT Blog/Thread - http://forum.ttmembers.com/showthread.php?t=7224
Old 10-11-2011, 10:40 PM

Thumbs up Week 4

I have now completed 4 weeks of my Transformation. Monday was the day of measurements to see how everything is going. I was pleasantly surprised by the waist measurement which is down 2 inches already! With 2 inches being my goal for the whole contest, I need to make a new goal! The rest of the changes were minimal but I am very happy with the one significant one. The target weight loss is on track as I am down a total of 5 lbs since the start.

Overall, things are going fairly well. I still need to crackdown on some nutritional slips, but that will come.

I was concerned on Friday after my workout where my right knee was really sore...I reincorporated the Reverse Lunge and while it wasn`t a problem on the first workout of the week, I couldn`t even finish all sets on the last workout. Luckily, I had two days of TT workouts! By my Monday TT workout, it was feeling pretty good again (as well as it ever feels when you have chronic knee issues).

I have started the Original TT program this week and the Reverse Lunges are being replaces with DB Step Ups and so far so good. I plan to continue to incorporate some Workout Finishers in place of Interval Training at least once a week.

So here are the current statistics as of September 10:
Weight: 181.8 lbs (-5 lbs since start)
Waist: 35 in (-2 in)
Chest: 42 in (no change)
Hips: 43.5 in (-.5 in)
Arms: 14 in (no change)
Thigh: 23.5 (.5 in)
Calf: 16 in (no change)

New goal for waist is another 2 inches for a total of 4 inches.

Have a great week everybody!

Pâtty
Old 10-12-2011, 12:22 PM

Fantastic! I'm glad you're hard work is paying off. And those inches will come off even faster once you include some metabolic finishers!
Old 10-12-2011, 01:05 PM

Hi Patty! Wonderful results!! Good for you! I'm sure that felt great to see those numbers going down! One thing that helps me with joint issues is fish oil.. Do you take any?? I was instructed to take 6grams a day. When I am adherent it really helps, LOL Just my $.02 I love workout finishers! I feel like I can get so much out of my calorie/fat burn than when I'm on the the traditional cardio equiment.. I hope you enjoy them as much as I do! Have a great day!

My 12th TT Contest
Here My Beachbody website
My Journal
Old 10-12-2011, 11:10 PM

Hey, Jami. I take Gluosamine and Chrondontin (spelling is probably wrong). I tried fish oil before but I hate the "fish" burps. Not a big fan of fish so definitely hate that about it. Yes, the workout finishers are great for that big burst of energy use at the end of the workout. I still do the intervals as well, but I think eventually will incorporate more workout finishers.
Old 10-12-2011, 11:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by weetamclan View Post
Fantastic! I'm glad you're hard work is paying off. And those inches will come off even faster once you include some metabolic finishers!
Thanks for the encouragement...it is great to see some results and I hope to see even more results in the next 4 weeks!
Old 10-13-2011, 03:13 AM

Well done on your 4 week results. You're making good progress.

Neil Gazzillo, Telford, Shropshire, UK

My Facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/#!/neil.gazzillo
Old 10-13-2011, 10:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pattyks44 View Post
Hey, Jami. I take Gluosamine and Chrondontin (spelling is probably wrong). I tried fish oil before but I hate the "fish" burps. Not a big fan of fish so definitely hate that about it. Yes, the workout finishers are great for that big burst of energy use at the end of the workout. I still do the intervals as well, but I think eventually will incorporate more workout finishers.
Hi Patty. oh yah.. the fish burps! I agree, they are nasty!! I bought some Barlenes liquid fish oil. They make them in a lot of really good flavors. No yucky burps.. plus the one I have tastes like an orange creamcicle. (sp?) so I'll have a serving after my meals for a little sweetness. Its a little pricey so I wont buy it again. I haven't really been doing very many intervals on the tready lately. My initial plan was to do 2 treadmill intervals and 2 finishers a week.. now, I just do the finishers 3x a week.

My 12th TT Contest
Here My Beachbody website
My Journal
Old 10-13-2011, 01:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pattyks44 View Post
I have now completed 4 weeks of my Transformation. Monday was the day of measurements to see how everything is going. I was pleasantly surprised by the waist measurement which is down 2 inches already! With 2 inches being my goal for the whole contest, I need to make a new goal! The rest of the changes were minimal but I am very happy with the one significant one. The target weight loss is on track as I am down a total of 5 lbs since the start.

Overall, things are going fairly well. I still need to crackdown on some nutritional slips, but that will come.

I was concerned on Friday after my workout where my right knee was really sore...I reincorporated the Reverse Lunge and while it wasn`t a problem on the first workout of the week, I couldn`t even finish all sets on the last workout. Luckily, I had two days of TT workouts! By my Monday TT workout, it was feeling pretty good again (as well as it ever feels when you have chronic knee issues).

I have started the Original TT program this week and the Reverse Lunges are being replaces with DB Step Ups and so far so good. I plan to continue to incorporate some Workout Finishers in place of Interval Training at least once a week.

So here are the current statistics as of September 10:
Weight: 181.8 lbs (-5 lbs since start)
Waist: 35 in (-2 in)
Chest: 42 in (no change)
Hips: 43.5 in (-.5 in)
Arms: 14 in (no change)
Thigh: 23.5 (.5 in)
Calf: 16 in (no change)

New goal for waist is another 2 inches for a total of 4 inches.

Have a great week everybody!

Pâtty
You are doing great! Congratulations! 2" more sounds like a perfectly reasonable goal. Gosh, I think the first contest I was in I lost like 4 inches off my waist and 5-6" off my lower belly area - and that was w/ a 13 lb weight loss AND me not really "getting" how to do this until the last half of the contest. You can certainly get 4" off your waist at the rate you're going!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fitgirl123 View Post
the fish burps! I agree, they are nasty!! I bought some Barlenes liquid fish oil. They make them in a lot of really good flavors. No yucky burps.. plus the one I have tastes like an orange creamcicle. (sp?) so I'll have a serving after my meals for a little sweetness. Its a little pricey so I wont buy it again.
That's why I don't take the fish oil tablets I have. They were supposed to NOT give you fish burps, but one time they did and I was turned off to the idea after that. I should try them again and see if it's dependent on the meal I eat. Certainly eating them after only having a salad is a bad idea!

Old 10-13-2011, 05:49 PM

Question

you really shouldnt get the fish oil burps from the fish oil capsules. If you do, they may not be any good, or cheap ones......Great job on your journey, so far!!