TT Members Forum  
Home | Discussion Forums | TTmembers.com Tour | Search | Member Area

Go Back   TT Members Forum > Transformation Contests > 12th Transformation Contest
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-14-2011, 10:55 PM

Wow, thanks everyone for all the support! This looks like a great network of like-minded, all striving for the same goal and all there to help one another. Well, 3 days in and doing okay. Did my second TT intermediate workout of the week (Workout B), but left the Interval Training for tomorrow. I picked up the Metabolic Finishers and plan to incorporate some of those in place of Interval Training at least once a week for now. Hope everyone is having a great day and well on the way to their goals! Thanks again!

Patty
Old 09-19-2011, 11:09 PM

Thumbs up Week 1

Well, I have completed my Week 1 of the Transformation. It was a good week. I got all my workouts in (I am currently doing the Intermediate TT Training) and my nutrition was good. It seemed as the week went on and carried into this week, those crazy evening cravings are working overtime. When they hid, I have been satisfying them with some nuts and the occasional slice of cheese. I wish they would just go away!

I had what I guess you would consider a cheat meal on Friday as I joined some friends for a night out at Ichi Ban (Japanese restaurant where the cook the meal right at your table). It was delicious and I enjoyed it without going crazy!

I was a bit worried on Saturday when I tweaked my right knee while doing my workout. It was fine today except for the DB Reverse Lunges (tweaked it during similar exercise DB Split Squat). I will need to substitute these two exercises with something else for the meantime...I will review a list I received from Craig sometime ago to find the subs.

Other than that, things are going swimmingly.....I was down 3 lbs this morning so that is definitely evidence that I am heading in the right direction!

Hope everyone else is having great success as well!

Patty
Old 09-19-2011, 11:28 PM

Well done, Patty! That's great! Be careful with that knee and have it checked out if you need to.

Stay strong!

My TC10 Thread
My Workout Journal

"I am like the turtle who just keeps moving forward without stress or strain while I whistle a happy song" - Joe Weaver
Old 09-19-2011, 11:48 PM

Smile

Wow well done 3lbs weight loss is awesome a Fab first week, high five!

Keep up the great work and take care of your knees, good idea to substitue if you can.

Keep smiling, cheers for now Katie
Old 09-19-2011, 11:56 PM

Great work Patty, 3lbs. gone already, nothing to sneeze at eh.....

I am sure you will continue to do well, you have the drive and determination
to keep it going in the right direction....A good snack I find satisfies me is 1/2c. cottage cheese and 1/4 c. crushed pineapple in it's own juice..... Will pop in again soon..

Cheers
Ma
Old 09-20-2011, 12:59 PM

Fab results so far! Just think, that's only week one!

Cravings are murder. Perseverance is the key I think (says she who usually succumbs...)

"The pain of discipline or the pain of regret"

...comes in handy, that quote
Old 09-22-2011, 06:11 PM

Welcome, welcome You can do this, just stick to your guns; but no matter what happens, remember to never give up! There are a lot of supportive people here to help

"Attitude is a little thing that makes a big difference." - Sir Winston Churchill

"Be faithful in small things because it is in them that your strength lies." - Mother Teresa

My TTTC 10 Thread: http://forum.ttmembers.com/showthread.php?t=9998
Old 09-23-2011, 07:30 PM

Hi Patty - Welcome to TTC12! Great job in your first week!

"Eating crappy food is not a reward - it's a punishment."
~Drew Carey
Old 09-26-2011, 04:19 PM

Default Week 2

Well, the scale wasn't as nice to me this week....no change from last week. That is okay, never, ever give up! A couple of factors may have contributed to this -- maybe not as diligent in the nutrition department so I will clean that up and ladies, you will understand this one, it is "that time of the month" and that always plays havoc.

At any rate, my workouts last week were good. I made adjustment for my knees and made another adjustment this week that is even better. It was sore on Saturday, but today I got by just fine...replaced the DB split squats with 1 leg lying hip extension. Last week, I replaced one of my TT interval training session with one of Mike Whitfield's Workout Finishers. I asked him for recommendations based on the TT program I am currently using (Intermediate TT main program) and he provided me with that information. With Workout B, I did #34 The Mountain which is 4 sets of Mountain Climbers with declining numbers in each set with 30 second breaks in between. Man, it was tough (Mountain Climbers aren't my favorite) but I think it gave me a phenomonial finish to my workout. This week with Workout A it will be #24 Ski to the Finish which is a combination of Ski Jumps and Elevated Pushups...same 4 sets with 30 seconds rest in between. I will let you know next week how that went.

Another change I made that has helped is I purchased a new Stability Ball. The one I have is too big for my stature (for someone 6 foot or taller and I am 5 foot 4 inc) and is older and thinner rubber without any texturing on the outside so it was slipping. The one I got is smaller (the right size), thicker and textured. I noticed an immediate difference in the Stability Leg Curls and Stability Jackknife especially. This was a great change!

Anyways, that is all for today. Hope everyone had a great week last week and has an even better week this week!

Patty

Last edited by pattyks44 : 09-26-2011 at 04:21 PM.
Old 10-04-2011, 11:37 PM

Smile Week 3

I have completed Week 3 of my Transformation and had a pretty good week. My weight was down 1.2 lbs (total of 4.2 lbs now). My nutrition was better but could still be even better - I found myself in situations this week where I had to eat out but tried to make wiser choices with Subway and the Pita Pit. I will continue to "fight" this battle with all I have and get to a point where it isn't an effort but a way of life.

I had a great week of exercise once again incorporating the Mike's Workout Finishers in place of one of my Interval training sessions - those things are killer! This week will be my last week of the Intermediate TT training and then I will move onto the the Original TT program. I am planning on incorporating two sessions of Workout finishers in place of Interval training. I was also able to bring back in the Reverse Lunge yesterday. My knees will always be an issue, but I work within my limits and the work will only help them in the end if I don't overdo it (yes, they have been checked out and my massage therapist is keeping good tabs on them). A little ice afterwards seems to ward off any lasting discomfort and then they feel fine.

Next week will be the first check on my body measurements since the beginning of the transformation....I look forward to see some progress there!

Hope everyone else is having a great week.

Patty