TT Members Forum  
Home | Discussion Forums | TTmembers.com Tour | Search | Member Area

Go Back   TT Members Forum > Transformation Contests > 12th Transformation Contest
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-13-2011, 09:02 PM

Smile My First Transformation Contest

Hi, all.
My name is Patty. I am 45 years young and live in Garson, Manitoba, Canada. I discovered Turbulence Training and Craig Ballantyne in December 2010 and became a TT platinum member in March 2011. I love Craig's no-nonsense style and great writing and admire his desire to help as many people as possible. He has the knowledge and loves to share it and his programs are among the best and most affordable around.

I have never been athletic and have struggled with my weight since my late teen years. I have gained and lost the same 25, 30, 40 pounds countless times. A catalyst for most recent attempt was at 43 years old I got engaged for the first time and really didn't want to be a fat bride. I joined a gym and worked with a trainer for a while before the wedding and made some strides but still had a ways to go. After the wedding, I continued working at the gym with a trainer and while I have noticed some body changes and energy and metabolism changes, my "suspect" nutrition outside of the gym kept me from seeing a lot of weight loss.

When I saw the Transformation contest and the results of others, I said "Hey I am going to do the next one" and lo and behold here I am! I officially started my "Transformation" yesterday (Sept 12) and am currently working on the Intermediate TT training. I am keeping my goals moderate as I am not sure what effect the training will have on me. So my goals are:
1) Lose 15 lbs
2) Lose 2 inches off my waist and 2 inches off my hips.
3) Stick to a good nutritional plan trying to eliminate processed foods and "bad" sugars.

One of the challenges I have is that I have bad knees which makes the squats and lunges a little difficult. However, I do what I can and know that losing weight and working them will only help them in the long run.

My starting stats are:
Height: 5'4"
Weight: 186.8 lbs
Waist: 37 in.
Chest: 42 in.
Hips: 44 in.
Arms: 14 in.
Thighs: 24 in.
Calves: 16 in.

Attached are my "before" photos.

As part of my transformation, I will be sending out a note to a group of my friends and telling them what I am up to with this contest...it is said if you share your goals with others, it will make you more accountable to achieve them.

I look forward to facing the challenges of this transformation contest and interacting with other members for support.

Patty
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Before Front 1.jpg (64.4 KB, 23 views)
File Type: jpg Before Front 2.jpg (59.3 KB, 15 views)
File Type: jpg Before Side.jpg (61.8 KB, 10 views)
File Type: jpg Closeup newspaper.jpg (76.9 KB, 7 views)
Old 09-13-2011, 09:43 PM

Hi Patty,

So glad you've decided to join us! Your goals look totally doable. I really like your idea to send a note out to your friends. I had a friend of mine that did that when she was working on body transformation and she said it really helped her w/ the accountability that you have mentioned.

Good luck to you!

Old 09-13-2011, 10:34 PM

Smile

Hi Patty

Welcome to the forum, your goals look totally acheiveabel and to be honest I think you will far exceed the 5lbs weight loss goal if you stick to the nutrition and TT programs.

I am sure that you will get all the support/encouragement and advice you need.

Great idea sending out the note, def helps to have accountablitly, so make sure you also post your workouts and nutrition on here too as that also helps.

don't be a stranger and let us know if you need any help/advice.

Keep Smiling Cheers Katie
Old 09-14-2011, 07:26 AM
Administrator

Welcome Patty.

For your knees, you can replace the lunges with 1-leg lying hip extensions. Also replace squats with ball leg curls.

Build up those muscles for 2-4 weeks and then squats and lunges should be better.

Craig
Old 09-14-2011, 08:27 AM

Hi Patty... All is good...all is good!! You'll reach those goals no doubts. I can't believe how much doing these contests have helped me not only with fat loss but with better ideas with food and setting goals and planning. Best wishes, Deb.
Old 09-14-2011, 08:57 AM

Hey Patty. good luck in the contest. You can definitely achieve your goals. Stay strong and remember that there are a lot of supportive people here.

My TC10 Thread
My Workout Journal

"I am like the turtle who just keeps moving forward without stress or strain while I whistle a happy song" - Joe Weaver
Old 09-14-2011, 09:47 AM

HI Patty, Congrats on starting the contest!! I'm very excited for you to start transforming! Nice to see you laid you goals out for you and that you told people about the challenge! Its so nice to have a support group.

My 12th TT Contest
Here My Beachbody website
My Journal
Old 09-14-2011, 10:17 AM

Hey Patty, a fellow "Toban" here (WHAT's with those Bombers, LOL!) and like you in my 40's. I'm in Steinbach area. I'm not in the contest now but have been in the 4th and 10th ones. Currently continuing a 4 month kettlebell program that I started this summer and finishing that before I decide what to jump back into TT wise. Don't have alot of time to post as I homeschool and the "school year" is up and at em, and am in the midst of home renos, but I visit the forum for a quick look see everyday.

Great that you joined. From being in past contests, I know that you will find LOTS of support, so be sure to use the forum. Like Craig says social support helps lots!

Tina

Off to find where Garson is, LOL!

"Dream the impossible, do the incredible."

"Beware the lollipop of mediocracy...one lick and you will suck forever!!!"
Old 09-14-2011, 10:58 AM

Hi Patty! I'll just echo what others have said in wishing you all the best in your journey.

And, if you ever have a sticky moment, we're all here to support you

Good luck!
Old 09-14-2011, 03:18 PM

Awesome Patty! Welcome...enjoy the journey! This is probably the best place for you to really utilize TT to it's fullest with a support group like this one.

Pulling for you! You can do this!

Cheers!
Andy